What's Your Favorite Handgun?

robin48

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Three Bean Dad said:

I've always loved the Beretta 92.  I prefer de-cocking setups but don't mind if it is a de-cocking safety.  I recently got a 92x with the vertec grip and I have to say I really like it maybe even more than the traditional humped 92 grip.

I have always liked the Beretta 92 as well. I have an old Italian police turn in 92s that is super smooth. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really cannot pick just one favorite...

I can say that pretty much no matter what new gun toy I drag home it usually ends up in the safe after two weeks or so and I am carrying my Gen 3 Glock 19 again..which btw has a shiny new Olight PL-3 on it (couldn't pass up the deal at Christmas)!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Glocks are boring as hell, but that being said, they just run and run and run and shoot good. Best all around semi-automatic on the market today. I'm a guy with Gen 2 17 and a Gen 5 45 with ameriglo night sights.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Moped said:

Glocks are boring as hell, but that being said, they just run and run and run and shoot good. Best all around semi-automatic on the market today. I'm a guy with Gen 2 17 and a Gen 5 45 with ameriglo night sights.

I agree, not the coolest or the slickest but user friendly and reliable beyond compare.  

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2022 at 6:23 PM, BigK said:

I guess it's my CZ 82. I love this gun enough to do this much work to it, despite it being a 9mm Makarov. Simple, reliable, elegant.

IMG_0036.JPG

That is gorgeous! Makes me want one. I guess the Makarov cartridge is what has stopped me so far, But it is such a beauty that I want one! 

• Thanks 1
On 4/3/2023 at 10:11 PM, hipower said:

That is gorgeous! Makes me want one. I guess the Makarov cartridge is what has stopped me so far, But it is such a beauty that I want one! 

Thank you for the kind words.

I've been told I was a fool for putting that much effort and money into a surplus handgun, but I've been foolish about way worse things in my life. In fact, I once paid real money for an extended warranty.

• Like 1
Just now, BigK said:

Thank you for the kind words.

I've been told I was a fool for putting that much effort and money into a surplus handgun, but I've been foolish about way worse things in my life. In fact, I once paid real money for an extended warranty.

I think I bought an extended warranty once...once. LOL.

• Haha 1