SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

4 hours ago, Grunt67 said:

To me, this whole thing started downhill the moment the gov. got involved. Imagine that!

The one thing the VA did right. Fill out a simple form, get the injection, leave. No muss, no fuss.

54 minutes ago, ReeferMac said:

LMAO! AMEN!

Finally, something we can ALL agree on!

AMEN!!!

8 hours ago, mikegideon said:

Because our government, the media, and everybody else is playing politics with this disease

I still believe the folks most vocal about this are the ones that will never get it. My mom called the vaccine a poison and then ultimately took Ivermectin when she got COVID.

8 hours ago, mikegideon said:

Our media likes to call it horse dewormer, which is available at Walgreens, CVS, and WALMART.

But people are taking the HORSE version too and getting very sick. I realize Ivermectin is prescribed by a doctor but I can't help but laugh at all this. Folks have made up their mind the vaccine is dangerous but will then overdoes themselves on a horse dewormer. Brilliant. 

4 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

And did it work?

Well she didn't die. She was pretty sick for a while. But she also took a slew of other things. My mom goes to a Chinese Medicine doctor if that tells you anything. It wouldn't be possible to say if it helped or not. It didn't seem to hurt her though. 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Erik88 said:

I'm very confused by the fact that the same group of people that don't trust a vaccine will take a dewormimg medicine..

I think you've gone way too far in this overstatement. I have no idea how many people have taken Ivermectin, but I suspect it's a tiny subset of those who don't trust the vaccine.  I was vaccinated as soon as possible, but I think it's unconscionable to compel or harangue anyone to take a drug they don't want. 

The unfortunate genie that's now out of the bottle is the tremendous amount of misinformation out there. The official government line changes frequently and it seems clear to me that NO ONE truly has all the facts.

• Thanks 1
  • Moderators
2 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

And did it work?

Here is the thing about "did it work".

On a case by case basis, it is hard to determine efficiency. Many people I know that had COVID didn't even know they had it. Guess what? That fact means nothing to the 30 year olds in ICU right now and are fighting for their life. I say that to simply say that on a case by case basis, you never know how someone (an individual) would have fared without "treatment". If you give Ivermectin to a single person with COVID and they die, does that mean Ivermectin does not work? Does that mean it is fatal itself? If you give water to someone with COVID and they feel better the next day, does that mean the water cured them? What if you give an abundance of water to a single person with COVID and they die of water poisoning, does that mean water should be withheld from COVID patients?

There are so many different variables to "did it work". Dosage amount, length of treatment, unlimited variables of individual health, etc. This is why studies are important. Taking a double blind study of 1,000 people and then analyzing the results will provide a more accurate answer to "did it work".

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, GlockSpock said:

Here is the thing about "did it work".

On a case by case basis, it is hard to determine efficiency. Many people I know that had COVID didn't even know they had it. Guess what? That fact means nothing to the 30 year olds in ICU right now and are fighting for their life. I say that to simply say that on a case by case basis, you never know how someone (an individual) would have fared without "treatment". If you give Ivermectin to a single person with COVID and they die, does that mean Ivermectin does not work? Does that mean it is fatal itself? If you give water to someone with COVID and they feel better the next day, does that mean the water cured them? What if you give an abundance of water to a single person with COVID and they die of water poisoning, does that mean water should be withheld from COVID patients?

There are so many different variables to "did it work". Dosage amount, length of treatment, unlimited variables of individual health, etc. This is why studies are important. Taking a double blind study of 1,000 people and then analyzing the results will provide a more accurate answer to "did it work".

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that the higher ups are interested in doing a double-blind study.

• Like 1
  • Moderators

If all of this is about making the drug makers richer, Merck seems to be missing their chance. They are one of the producers of the drug. I'm not clear if they are the only one in the US or not.

Below is their statement. 

KENILWORTH, N.J., Feb. 4, 2021 – Merck (NYSE: MRK), known as MSD outside the United States and Canada, today affirmed its position regarding use of ivermectin during the COVID-19 pandemic. Company scientists continue to carefully examine the findings of all available and emerging studies of ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19 for evidence of efficacy and safety. It is important to note that, to-date, our analysis has identified:

• No scientific basis for a potential therapeutic effect against COVID-19 from pre-clinical studies; 
  • No meaningful evidence for clinical activity or clinical efficacy in patients with COVID-19 disease, and; 
  • A concerning lack of safety data in the majority of studies.

We do not believe that the data available support the safety and efficacy of ivermectin beyond the doses and populations indicated in the regulatory agency-approved prescribing information.

https://www.merck.com/news/merck-statement-on-ivermectin-use-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/#:~:text=Merck Statement on Ivermectin use,-19 Pandemic - Merck.com

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Erik88 said:

I still believe the folks most vocal about this are the ones that will never get it. My mom called the vaccine a poison and then ultimately took Ivermectin when she got COVID.

But people are taking the HORSE version too and getting very sick. I realize Ivermectin is prescribed by a doctor but I can't help but laugh at all this. Folks have made up their mind the vaccine is dangerous but will then overdoes themselves on a horse dewormer. Brilliant. 

Your mom had covid too? That would be worse for me than getting it myself.

I am a believer in the vaccine. My comments were more about all the distortion from media and politicians. Rogan is talking about suing CNN over some of it. 

Edited by mikegideon
6 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

Your mom had covid too? That would be worse for me than getting it myself.

Yeah. She lives in Florida so no connection to my dad getting it who lives here. She didn't even tell me she had it until she had recovered. Her and my step dad both got it, her worse than him. Neither had the vax. Both are doing fine now though after the Chinese doctor loaded them up on lord knows what. If she had worms before she's cured of that too. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
9 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

Yeah. She lives in Florida so no connection to my dad getting it who lives here. She didn't even tell me she had it until she had recovered. Her and my step dad both got it, her worse than him. Neither had the vax. Both are doing fine now though after the Chinese doctor loaded them up on lord knows what. If she had worms before she's cured of that too. 

Hard to argue it didn't work.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Erik88 said:

If all of this is about making the drug makers richer, Merck seems to be missing their chance. They are one of the producers of the drug. I'm not clear if they are the only one in the US or not.

Below is their statement. 

KENILWORTH, N.J., Feb. 4, 2021 – Merck (NYSE: MRK), known as MSD outside the United States and Canada, today affirmed its position regarding use of ivermectin during the COVID-19 pandemic. Company scientists continue to carefully examine the findings of all available and emerging studies of ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19 for evidence of efficacy and safety. It is important to note that, to-date, our analysis has identified:

• No scientific basis for a potential therapeutic effect against COVID-19 from pre-clinical studies; 
  • No meaningful evidence for clinical activity or clinical efficacy in patients with COVID-19 disease, and; 
  • A concerning lack of safety data in the majority of studies.

We do not believe that the data available support the safety and efficacy of ivermectin beyond the doses and populations indicated in the regulatory agency-approved prescribing information.

https://www.merck.com/news/merck-statement-on-ivermectin-use-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/#:~:text=Merck Statement on Ivermectin use,-19 Pandemic - Merck.com

That's rich considering their shot has the same issue.  The listed studies above by @GlockSpock, well, suck.  The first is the only one with findings and it only had 8 participants.  Here is a study with more than 8 participants.  

https://c19hcq.com/guerrero.html

Study of African Programme for Onchocerciasis Control (APOC) countries, which used ivermectin, with non-APOC countries in Africa, showing 28% lower mortality for APOC countries, relative risk RR = 0.72 [0.67-0.78]. See also [1] and the author's response [2].

Oh, and Merck isn't missing anything, they are working on something they can patent, unlike ivermectin which they had the patent on, they can make many $$$ off of it.

https://shtf.tv/countries-using-ivermectin/

In February, Merck, who held a patent until 1996 and for years touted the safety of ivermectin, released a statement against the use of ivermectin for COVID-19 citing the lack of safety and efficacy data.

“We do not believe that the data available support the safety and efficacy of ivermectin beyond the doses and populations indicated in the regulatory agency-approved prescribing information,” Merck said.

A month later, the drug manufacturer announced the preliminary findings of its Phase 2a study with Ridgeback Biotherapeutics of experimental anti-viral drug Molnupiravir for early treatment of COVID-19. The oral drug showed a quicker reduction in infectious viruses similar to ivermectin. The Phase 2/3 trial of Monupiravir will be completed in May.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
20 hours ago, ReeferMac said:

Agreed.

Thats why you can't talk about Ivermectin and Hcq. They are approved and plentiful, ahh, but adequate...? Well, worked for India, but what do they know.

Ivermectin and Hcq are being used as treatments insofar as I know, same as monocular antibodies. Vaccinations are preventative.  Two different efforts in the same fight; both need to be tailored to the individual.

I still see everything telling us that vaccinations are the best step for an initial defense against the virus.  After that, treatments for breakthrough cases take over.  I'm fine with whatever folks are using for treatments, I just hope they're doing so in consultation with their physician.  Taking ivermectin as prescribed by a doctor make sense.  Buying it at the feed store in a package that has a picture of a horse and self medicating is something else.

Edited by btq96r
  • Like 4
54 minutes ago, btq96r said:

I just hope they're doing so in consultation with their physician.  Taking ivermectin as prescribed by a doctor make sense.  Buying it at the feed store in a package that has a picture of a horse and self medicating is something else.

I agree with you 110%

Its why some folks (myself included), are so upset about the fedgov restricting people from taking it. People who wish to are being forced to use veterinary products off label because of the actions of our government. Its available in pill form in blister packs for about 5 bucks per course of treatment (India handed it out to millions). Why is the government doing that?

1 minute ago, ReeferMac said:

I agree with you 110%

Its why some folks (myself included), are so upset about the fedgov restricting people from taking it. People who wish to are being forced to use veterinary products off label because of the actions of our government. Its available in pill form in blister packs for about 5 bucks per course of treatment (India handed it out to millions). Why is the government doing that?

What restrictions are there on legal prescriptions of ivermectin?   I know there's a lot of medical literature boo-hoo'ing it, but those are references and quite frankly, peer pressure, not prohibitions.