Apple to start scanning thru iPhone pictures and texts

Erich

Under the guise of child safety, with guarantees in three part harmony that the backdoor to your device won't be abused.

What kind of warm fuzzy does that give ya if you have an iphone?

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2021/08/apples-plan-think-different-about-encryption-opens-backdoor-your-private-life

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/aug/07/week-in-patriarchy-apple-privacy

Of course, if you are big brother, how else would you sell everyone on that backdoor? Its beauty is the ability to cast non supporters as pedo's. Why do you care, you are a decent person so no problem that someone is looking thru all your stuff, right?

Realistically, Google and Alexa spying is pretty well known. So if this hasn't already been occurring secretly, its was a matter of time. I am trying hard to respect that they had put it out there even if I hate the idea of the backdoor irrespective of what is being sold as good intent. 

I think it starts in iOS 15. Whether you can just not update vs they can push any necessary bits to your phone running an older OS without your permission and knowledge will be an interesting test.

17 minutes ago, Erich said:

Under the guise of child safety, with guarantees in three part harmony that the backdoor to your device won't be abused.

What kind of warm fuzzy does that give ya if you have an iphone?

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2021/08/apples-plan-think-different-about-encryption-opens-backdoor-your-private-life

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/aug/07/week-in-patriarchy-apple-privacy

Of course, if you are big brother, how else would you sell everyone on that backdoor? Its beauty is the ability to cast non supporters as pedo's. Why do you care, you are a decent person so no problem that someone is looking thru all your stuff, right?

Realistically, Google and Alexa spying is pretty well known. So if this hasn't already been occurring secretly, its was a matter of time. I am trying hard to respect that they had put it out there even if I hate the idea of the backdoor irrespective of what is being sold as good intent. 

I think it starts in iOS 15. Whether you can just not update vs they can push any necessary bits to your phone running an older OS without your permission and knowledge will be an interesting test.

Oh how times have changed 😕 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

This will just hasten the popularity of secure messaging apps like signal and telegram. 

A military buddy of mine put an encrypted messaging thingy on my phone so we could talk when he was on the other side of the planet.  It deletes the message after its been read. We have to have the same key in it before we can see each other's messages. It's 100% secure or I'm sending 100% of everything to the government. He talks about how much he misses his kids. I talk about what a pain in the a** my kids are. Riveting stuff. LOL

• Haha 2
12 hours ago, alleycat72 said:

Somewhere in China there is a guy monitoring my phone and he is in desperate need of therapy. 

No apple product, well work has me using a tablet, I am gona drive then crazy with boredom.🤪

15 hours ago, Garufa said:

Like apps are secure.

Yeah, again, I'm amazed at people.... they're either stupid, ignorant, or willfully forget the fact that the fedgov already has backdoors into everything, can hack whatever else they want (see Snowden, et al), and been repeatedly exposed having run roughshod over the entire world population and US Constitution since pretty much World War II.

Oh, but THIS app, this ones safe.

.... yep.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Smith said:

I'm continually amazed at what fear and "safety" can motivate people to let go of ... everything except fear!

Pretty much this

every blue states favorite rationale to get soccer moms….the majority voters to pass anything. 

The societal  brainwashing engine that is social media. Why not extend that control  to the electronic leash most carry with them after they have been conditioned to put their lives on them. 

The baffling thing is the acceptance. Even with the audacity to make it public knowledge some cheer it. Or just make fun of it without wanting to support  in the fight. Maybe some don’t realize there is one or they can oppose it?

I linked the EFF.org for those that care . Its a group advocates for digital privacy and  related 1A rights. Some understand  2A  and all other rights die with 1A and the later is already circling the drain. If you sent something to your reps on 2A…essentially the same deal here. 

• Like 1

Privacy hasn't existed since the Cold War. Anytime they want .gov can peak at you, your phone, your computer, etc. They can track your movements within a few feet. The trick is to just stay off their radar. Be the gray man.  But if they ever notice you, God help ya. 

My phone spends about 95% of the time sitting on the dresser in the bedroom.  I'm good with that. 😉

wyfgFPH.jpg

• Like 4

Not necessarily. Just be smart about what you say.  The feds are used to pro-gun groups and our talk. They know that 99.9% of us are relatively harmless and basically good citizens. 

The spy bots, web crawlers or what ever they're called these days look for certain combinations of words. if you say something about violence along with specific names or places, you can bet you'll get noticed. Just don't do that.