Ready for a ride...almost.

Hozzie

Well, after a short wait my bike finally got here.  Need to put a few things on it and break in the tires, but looking forward to get back to riding after a few year hiatus.

This is a Triumph Tiger 900 GT Pro.  I had the tires changed so I can hopefully do a bit more exploring, but need to get my skills back up a bit before getting too adventurous.  Maybe good to start thinking of a TGO meetup sometime this fall when the weather is nice.  We did it a few years ago and had a good time.

spacer.png

• Like 6
1 hour ago, peejman said:

Sweet bike!  

I've found videos by these guys to be quite helpful. Geared toward bikes a little smaller than your, but the core skills are the same. 

https://youtu.be/SN5VB-0oVUg

Good info here.  I am actually considering finding an older 125 or 250 dual sport to practice with on the dirt/offroad.  I don't really plan to do any serious offroading on my Tiger, but I want to have the skills to do some light trails if a ride leads me that way.

1 hour ago, Hozzie said:

Good info here.  I am actually considering finding an older 125 or 250 dual sport to practice with on the dirt/offroad.  I don't really plan to do any serious offroading on my Tiger, but I want to have the skills to do some light trails if a ride leads me that way.

Naa. Just learn on the one you’ve got. You’ll be more familiar with it that way.

1 hour ago, Hozzie said:

Yeah, ditto what Greg said, you need to practice on what you'll be riding,     Just take it slow and you'll be fine,   Though with a bike that nice, I'd stay out of tight single track trails, etc. if it were me.       

I agree and don't plan any single track.  However, I would rather drop a cheap bike over and over than this one, especially for 'practice'.   I would be ok trying some things on a dual sport that I would never attempt on the Tiger, but I think it could be good experience.  

This is what happens when you have no wife or kids.  You can justify anything 🙂

• Like 2

IMG_20190902_235653043.thumb.jpg.35ddf5d750db3e209dcf1ec4c8b8ef59.jpgIMG_20190813_132733826_HDR.thumb.jpg.3f44dfc81d74f652659c907761d08563.jpgGot my little HD 750 Streetrod a year ago. Carves the corners well and great around town. Plenty of torque not much on the top end or highway though.

Only mod so far is a Cherry bomb glass pack with a 3 1/2" turndown welded on. Sounds like it's got a few hundred more CC's.  🙂

• Like 4

Nice Hozzie. New bike smell!!. Love going out to the garage the next day when that smell is heavy in the air, almost like walking into a dealership.

Have fun on that thing.

Great to see interest in group rides. May be good to start some regional things depending on how ironbutt folks are or the kind of bikes they ride.  Wish my body could tolerates the 400+ mile days I did thru my 30's. 

• Like 1
On 8/7/2021 at 9:47 PM, Hozzie said:

I agree and don't plan any single track.  However, I would rather drop a cheap bike over and over than this one, especially for 'practice'.   I would be ok trying some things on a dual sport that I would never attempt on the Tiger, but I think it could be good experience.  

This is what happens when you have no wife or kids.  You can justify anything 🙂

Exactly.  Dirt naps are a lot less expensive on a little bike. 

A single guy needs about 6 motorcycles....  a trials bike, an MX bike, a street legal trail bike, a sporty street bike, a touring bike, and a track bike.   🙂

• Like 2