Shortage of bags at McDonald's

Not really an interesting article but when I got to the last paragraph it made my mouth drop open. Is the upcoming generation really this stupid ?  dropjaw.gif

McDonald’s is facing a bag shortage due to pressures in the industry, the Wall Street Journal reports. Over the past year, the majority of restaurants across the country saw most of the business coming from take-out or delivery orders, which required them to use more bags than usual.

About 81% of restaurant business was take out or delivery over the past 12 months, Yahoo Finance reports. During the prior year, it was just 18%.

As restaurant dining rooms across the country are reopening, McDonald’s workers are serving more orders on trays. McDonald’s policy is to serve in-store meals on trays. The increase in tray service is not connected to issues with the supply of bags.

According to the Wall Street Journal, some restaurants have reported issues with workers who haven’t had to serve orders on trays before. New employees hired during the past year would likely have served primarily to-go orders and transitioning back to trays is reportedly more difficult than expected.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/mcdonalds-bag-shortage-industry-pressures

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Is this for real?   How can it be harder to put stuff on a tray instead of putting it in a bag?  If anything, bagging is harder.

There really is no hope for the future.

Edited by Garufa
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, user1716 said:

It sounds silly... but whatever you train for is easier. I'm guessing some people are putting the fry container standing upright (like you'd do in a bag) and it's falling as the customer picks up the tray 

Lol, you reckon when they’re all making $15+/hour they’ll develop some common sense?

• Haha 4
2 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Lol, you reckon when they’re all making $15+/hour they’ll develop some common sense?

You want to test where we are at ? Pay in cash and use some coin in the mix. I had a cashier have to stop and ask the cashier in the next aisle. The excuse ? Well sir most people use cards now 🤣....yeah I AM THE PROBLEM 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
2 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

When I'm craving a good stomach ache or want to feel like I was in a car wreck a couple hours ago, I always head to McDonalds.  

You can't explain to someone who eats that poison on a regular basis the difference in how your body feels. 

1 minute ago, FUJIMO said:

You want to test where we are at ? Pay in cash and use some coin in the mix. I had a cashier have to stop and ask the cashier in the next aisle. The excuse ? Well sir most people use cards now 🤣....yeah I AM THE PROBLEM 🙄

One of my favorite sports is giving a fast food cashier $21.10 for an order that is $16.08.  Talk about bringing the operation to a screeching halt.  

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 2
Just now, deerslayer said:

One of my favorite sports is giving a fast food cashier $21.10 for an order that is $16.08.  Talk about bringing the operation to a screeching halt.  

You're a bully ! Anti mathite!

• Haha 2
22 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

I always pay in cash at a fast food joint but quit doing the old give’em extra coins to get a solid bill in change out of it.  It blows their minds.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
Just now, Garufa said:

I always pay in cash at a fast food joint but quit doing the old give’em extra coins to get a solid bill in change out of it.  It blows their minds.  

I got enough change collected up now to pull a KRAMER on any store I choose thats why I was attempting to make it easy on everybody.

To the OPs story, perhaps they need to give out everyone's food in happy meals boxes. Its the perfect tote. Handles, stay closed (kinda) tabs, stiff cardboard.

1 hour ago, deerslayer said:

Good to see I'm not the only one left that does that.  I had to quit it when my wife is with me because she accuses me of being mean to the cashiers. I thought I was making it easier, guess I'm wrong again.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Garufa said:

Even a window licker could punch it in the cash register and see the result. I’ve never understood this problem.

• Like 1

Yea it is all our fault because they didn't get a decent education like we did. I told my wife years ago, we graduated HS in 1970 and I told her our diploma's were worth a heck of a lot more than the ones in 2010!! The best thing to do is stay far, far away from any fast food restaurant. A buddy said his doctor told him to stay away from the fast food and he said what if I just  need to go to the bathroom, doc said go someplace else.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, btq96r said:

Even before COVID, I saw less and less people inside fast food joints.  The drive thru line could be wrapped around the building, but they weren't going in.

I absolutely hate drive thru...especially in the days of closed dining rooms.

Seems like it gets slower and slower all the time.

It was bad enough before Covid. Now it's worse.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I don't understand how McDonald's is still in business.

One look at their customers and it's easy to see. If I were in the healthcare industry I'd buy into the franchise. It's job security really .

• Haha 1

All of the "fast food" places give a new meaning/definition to the term "fast food" as it used to be defined.  LOL.  I also pay in cash when going thru the drive thru, and like to confuse 'em with the exact change or close to it.  About half the time, I have to tell them how much change I should receive back.  LOL.   Wife tells me I'm being mean, I reply back I'm trying to help that generation move up the corporate ladder.  LOL

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

I don't understand how McDonald's is still in business.

Cheap food, placates bratty children, easily accessible in multiple locations (there's one on both sides of Exit 78 on I-24 in Murfreesboro) so you don't have to make too much of an effort.  Or to put it another way...

United States Usa GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo