Shortage of bags at McDonald's

On 8/8/2021 at 6:02 PM, FUJIMO said:

You want to test where we are at ? Pay in cash and use some coin in the mix. I had a cashier have to stop and ask the cashier in the next aisle. The excuse ? Well sir most people use cards now 🤣....yeah I AM THE PROBLEM 🙄

I have seen this problem coming for a long time. If it was not for the cash registers telling the clerk how much change to give you back many of them don't know how to count backwards to make the change for you!!!

• Like 2
On 8/8/2021 at 7:02 PM, FUJIMO said:

You want to test where we are at ? Pay in cash and use some coin in the mix. I had a cashier have to stop and ask the cashier in the next aisle. The excuse ? Well sir most people use cards now 🤣....yeah I AM THE PROBLEM 🙄

I blame that common core math crap they teach them these days...

• Like 2
On 8/14/2021 at 11:29 AM, Quavodus said:

It's not just counting money,  a lot of younger high school graduates can't tell time either.

That is not a teachers fault there. That is a parents fault. All children should be able to tell time before ever reaching school age.......JMHO

• Like 3
19 hours ago, Quavodus said:

I gave a young lady at a drive thru a $10 bill and and 2 dimes once for food that was $6.20. Just so she wouldn't have to give me change. It messed her up for about 30 seconds.

I had that same thing happen at Burger King,  some time ago. Blew her mind. Took me several minutes to get her back on the planet.

Several years ago we ordered food to be delivered at work. We gave separate orders over the phone so we would know the price each employee had to pay.The delivery boy brought in the food with the total price. I asked him to give me a price for each person but he said he couldn't because he didn't have a calculator with him. I picked up a pencil and started dividing up into each person's cost. With quite a surprised look on his face he said "you can do that with a pencil"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
8 minutes ago, Tuffus said:

Several years ago we ordered food to be delivered at work. We gave separate orders over the phone so we would know the price each employee had to pay.The delivery boy brought in the food with the total price. I asked him to give me a price for each person but he said he couldn't because he didn't have a calculator with him. I picked up a pencil and started dividing up into each person's cost. With quite a surprised look on his face he said "you can do that with a pencil"?

In situations like that you really need to figure it out for yourselves.  Asking for a delivery of multiple orders to the same place at the same time on separate tabs is just asking for trouble.

On 8/15/2021 at 7:44 PM, Ronald_55 said:

Try paying with a $2 bill..

I found a stack of $2 bills in a drawer the other day while decluttering. I need to go try to spend a few at various places. 
I could probably film it and put in on YouTube, might go viral and pay me big bucks. 

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, OldIronFan said:

I found a stack of $2 bills in a drawer the other day while decluttering. I need to go try to spend a few at various places. 
I could probably film it and put in on YouTube, might go viral and pay me big bucks. 

Had a coworker once that said he would go by the bank and get a stack of $2 bills on the way to the strip club. In the dim light they looked like $20 bills if he folded them up. Said it got him lots of attention. lol 

Never tried it myself, but I don't fancy paying to play Russian Roulette where the winner catches a STD.  

• Haha 2

My Dad has given my boys a bunch of $2 bills. I think he had the bank get $100 worth and used them as gifts and to pay my boys for various chores. We had a hard time explaining to the boys using them to buy candy at Target wasn't the best idea. 😄

• Like 1

A few years back I heard of a fellow that found out he could order sheets of $2 bills. He would buy a stack of sheets and have them bound on the edge like a note pad. He would then take out a pair of scissors and cut a bill off or rip a whole page off to see what reaction he got. Could probably glue the edges on any stack of bills and just rip off a few to pay and get a similar reaction.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

What's with McDonald's ice ream machine being down sometimes? I realize they may not make a lot on ice cream but, me personally I have left when I was told that, and didn't go back for a long time. 

The ice cream machine is a nightmare to clean. They hate doing it so they just say it's broken. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
1 hour ago, Quavodus said:

What's with McDonald's ice ream machine being down sometimes? I realize they may not make a lot on ice cream but, me personally I have left when I was told that, and didn't go back for a long time. 

I ran across an article on this a long time ago. I don't know if this is the same link but it says the same thing.

McDonald’s ice cream machines are made by a company called the Taylor Company, a long-time supplier of ice cream machines to McDonald’s. The machine goes through a daily four hour self-cleaning process, which locks out soft serve production until completion.

According to @BehindTheBrands, it often fails during the self-cleaning process, rendering the machine useless.

A broken machine requires a McDonald’s location to call a Taylor technician to fix the ice cream machine. These service calls are extremely expensive, with Taylor earning 25% of its annualized revenue just from fixing the McDonald’s ice cream machines.

Therefore, they usually just stay broken until a restaurant deems it necessary enough to fix it.

https://brobible.com/culture/article/why-is-the-mcdonalds-ice-cream-machine-always-broken/

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, xsubsailor said:

I ran across an article on this a long time ago. I don't know if this is the same link but it says the same thing.

McDonald’s ice cream machines are made by a company called the Taylor Company, a long-time supplier of ice cream machines to McDonald’s. The machine goes through a daily four hour self-cleaning process, which locks out soft serve production until completion.

According to @BehindTheBrands, it often fails during the self-cleaning process, rendering the machine useless.

A broken machine requires a McDonald’s location to call a Taylor technician to fix the ice cream machine. These service calls are extremely expensive, with Taylor earning 25% of its annualized revenue just from fixing the McDonald’s ice cream machines.

Therefore, they usually just stay broken until a restaurant deems it necessary enough to fix it.

https://brobible.com/culture/article/why-is-the-mcdonalds-ice-cream-machine-always-broken/

This.

A friend builds fast food restaurants and said basically the same thing.  The newer machines are over engineered and if some fairly involved mandatory maintenance isn't done frequently, the machine goes into lockdown.  Then you get to call a tech from the machine company ($$$$), unless you have a well trained maintenance guy.  He was running the maintenance department and wanted to hire a dedicated shake machine guy (it was 100+ restaurants), but he got vetoed.  Some think if we just pay the employees $15/hr, all this will miraculously go away.  That's unlikely.  

Edited by deerslayer
  • Like 1
On 8/8/2021 at 6:26 PM, Garufa said:

Is this for real?   How can it be harder to put stuff on a tray instead of putting it in a bag?  If anything, bagging is harder.

As usual, the answer is: $$$$$.

They have to have a person collecting the trays in the lobby, they have to have a person cleaning the trays (I would hope!). That's extra expense in their eyes. 

My local places do this & I've bitched about it constantly as I hate eating out of a bag. The local McD's lobby isn't even open nor are the ones in Bradley Co. They claim they can't find enough help. 

• Sad 1
18 hours ago, AuEagle said:

Drove past a McD's the other day. Big sign, work today, paid next day.

LOL! I didn't think anything much about it until I saw your post, but McDonalds at the Hermitage I40 exit has a similar sign. "Paid daily" or something similar. That's fishing on the bottom ain't it?😀

• Like 2