Holland and Holland on P14 / M1917 chassis?

19_A_CPT

I have a feeling that Leroy or Rob will know the answer to this, but if somebody beats them to it, by all means. 

Spoke to a guy thats trying to get rid of a 300 H&H and he claims its actually made by Holland and Holland, however, it looks to be build on a P14 or M1917 platform.  

Is there such a creature that was marketed by Holland and Holland or was it just rebarreled from '06 or '03 into the 300 H&H round? 

I'm interested either way, but would rather have a Holland and Holland built rifle to go along with my Pre-64 70s. 

Edited by 19_A_CPT

I am sure H&H made some 300 H&H's, but any actually made by H&H I would expect to be in the tens of thousands of dollars range.  I would get the serial number and call H&H if he really thinks it is an H&H made gun.  I suspect he had no idea what he is talking about, but you never know.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, gregintenn said:

That was constructed by Bubba; not Holland and Holland.

To be fair, the seller's last name might be Holland. And he might have a brother.....

I'm also 95% sure that, like Rigby & Richards, H&H built their magazine rifles on Mauser actions, almost exclusively. 

Edited by Handsome Rob
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 8/16/2021 at 11:00 PM, Handsome Rob said:

To be fair, the seller's last name might be Holland. And he might have a brother.....

I'm also 95% sure that, like Rigby & Richards, H&H built their magazine rifles on Mauser actions, almost exclusively. 

On 8/16/2021 at 4:39 PM, Mowgli Terry said:

There's no way. In he day the P14/1917 were converted of long magnums. That  stock is a monstrosity. Wonder what other horrors new buyer would find in that aberration. That rifle stinks of a money pit going to happen.

H&H along with others did use the P14/ M1917 actions. The years after WW2 were rough on the trades. The 1950’s and 60’s were not the best of times for them.  As far as the rifle posted for sale it looks like a P14 action the best I could tell. Definitely not the 7th rifle built by H&H among other things wrong action for the time. If anyone has an account for armslist I would be curious if he had more pics and what he had to say about the rifle.  I didn’t want to waste $7 to sign up. 

6 hours ago, DWARREN123 said:

I think he is calling it a H&H because of the cartridge's name, not actual H&H rifle.

He doesn't know the difference.

Had a guy try to tell me his Hi Point was a 40 Glock, low information owner.  

My moms farm hand has a High Point AR15 lol

That rifle did not warm the cockles of anybody's  heart here. In the latter days of converting 1917's it was possible to use a P-14 bolt. Those bolts did not need to be converted to magnum bolt face.

That author was clueless about the rifle or did not know how write and ad. Both?

Edited by Mowgli Terry
2 hours ago, Pickaroon said:

That stock jumped out immediately. No way that came from H and H.

Looks like a Fajen, to me. 

I also can't believe else noticed that it's a cack-handed stock on a right hand rifle. H&H would absolutely never compromise like that. 

Edited by Handsome Rob
  • Like 1
On 8/20/2021 at 2:00 PM, DWARREN123 said:

I think he is calling it a H&H because of the cartridge's name, not actual H&H rifle.

He doesn't know the difference.

Had a guy try to tell me his Hi Point was a 40 Glock, low information owner.  

That’s a possibility but how in the world did he decide that it was the 7th rifle built?

There are deals to be had on the internet but that’s not one of them. I know alot of guys that are knowledgeable on firearms but, wouldn’t know anything about H&H or any other English or Spanish maker. I bought a H&H shotgun off a man that didn’t know anything about H&H. All he knew was that it was an old double barrel shotgun that he didn’t want. The bad thing is someone with just as little information as the seller comes along and buys it. Thinking he has made a good deal.