Importation of ammo may stop.

• Moderators

Russian produced firearms and ammo are done for. This is going to dry up the supply of cheap steel cased ammo, and completely kill the supply of 5.45x39 as I don’t know of any real manufacturers of it outside of Russia. 

https://www.state.gov/fact-sheet-united-states-imposes-additional-costs-on-russia-for-the-poisoning-of-aleksey-navalny/

10 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Russian produced firearms and ammo are done for. This is going to dry up the supply of cheap steel cased ammo, and completely kill the supply of 5.45x39 as I don’t know of any real manufacturers of it outside of Russia. 

https://www.state.gov/fact-sheet-united-states-imposes-additional-costs-on-russia-for-the-poisoning-of-aleksey-navalny/

Curious that comes just a couple of days after one of those pentagon types  with a lot of stars was talking about how much .223 ammo Russia produces and how it could be used in US weapons now in the hands of the taliban.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Curious that comes just a couple of days after one of those pentagon types  with a lot of stars was talking about how much .223 ammo Russia produces and how it could be used in US weapons now in the hands of the taliban.

Just so we’re all on the same page here, nobody is buying that the sanctions have anything to do with whatever the pretext is, right? We all understand that it was about the supply of these items into the US civilian hands that was the issue, right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
5 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Just so we’re all on the same page here, nobody is buying that the sanctions have anything to do with whatever the pretext is, right? We all understand that it was about the supply of these items into the US civilian hands that was the issue, right?

Right, I know that.  

• Like 1

Well that sucks! Not that I buy a lot of it anymore.  I did buy a few boxes of Tula 9mm recently. I was surprised how much better it was compared to the old days. It was pretty clean burning decent range ammo. 

Wasn’t it our old friend Bill Clinton that shut down China ammo and firearms?

Those lucky Canadians still get it all!

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Right, I know that.  

I figured, but I just wanted to make sure that I was on the same page as everybody else. Ive been crosstalking with a lot of people lately. My read hasn’t always been the same. 

• Like 1

When trump was going to impose sanctions I spent a month’s salary on Tula. They’ve been at it for years. Our government bought a lot of Russian ammo to train with. Since we just armed the Middle East with ar’s no need to cross train. Move on with sanctions would be the next step 

• Like 1

I believe 5.45 is currently produced by both Red Army Standard as well as Wolf, both of which are located in Ukraine.  Surplus 7N6 has been gone for while.  Most of the surplus Russian 54R imports has dried up a long time ago as well.  Seems like this will only drastically impact Tulammo and maybe Monarch(are they still Ruskie produced?).  Still sucks but hopefully those crafty Russians will figure out how to export it in such a way that it is no longer considered 'Russian' ammunition.

• Like 1
On 1/8/2021 at 3:41 PM, turkeydad said:

I expect a few executive actions pretty much right off the bat, targeting importation of firearms and ammo, both have been done before and is the easy low hanging fruit for Biden. And considering todays market its the easiest way to do the most damage while making the least waves. 

I'm surprised they are just now doing this. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, turkeydad said:

I'm surprised they are just now doing this. 

I said a long time ago "they" don't need to control the firearms, just the ammo. Kind of like a slingshot and no rocks!! Now is the time for the army to get some "new" calibers of arms that aren't 9mm or 5.56, and make them for the military only!!

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Dirtshooter said:

I said a long time ago "they" don't need to control the firearms, just the ammo. Kind of like a slingshot and no rocks!! Now is the time for the army to get some "new" calibers of arms that aren't 9mm or 5.56, and make them for the military only!!

I am not sure I am tracking on this one. Are you saying there should be a "MIL/LEO/Gov't ONLY" caliber? Much like only the "MIL/LEO/Gov't" should have magazines over 10 rounds or "Military patterened firarms"? 

What I am saying is if all the Russia ammo dries up in order to keep the sheeple in lock step, the gov't  could have designed arms that accept a different proprietary round just for the military. Essentially leaving the sheeple out in the cold and with less available ammo.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, TennesseeCamper said:

Well that sucks! Not that I buy a lot of it anymore.  I did buy a few boxes of Tula 9mm recently. I was surprised how much better it was compared to the old days. It was pretty clean burning decent range ammo. 

Wasn’t it our old friend Bill Clinton that shut down China ammo and firearms?

Those lucky Canadians still get it all!

You are correct, sir. I still have a stash of that delightful Norinco ammo. A dime a pop was all it costed, and it was good stuff.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

You are correct, sir. I still have a stash of that delightful Norinco ammo. A dime a pop was all it costed, and it was good stuff.

I have a feeling Russian 7.62x39 will soon cost as much as 30 year old Chinese if not more, and it’s half the the quality of Norinco.

I wonder if there are any non-Russian sources for 5.45x39?

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 2