Issues with new suppressor and gun

I just had my maiden voyage with both a Sandman S suppressor and a Daniel Defense DDM4 PDW pistol, 300 Blackout. The first 60 or so rounds were great, both super and subs fired.

Then I started having misfires, click, nothing. I pulled the gun apart and everything was functioning okay, but there was a lot of grit inside the gun, hundreds of little brown specks. I checked the trigger and it was fine, so I put the gun together again and tried once more....Click.....Click.....4 rounds nothing, this was Discreet Ballistics subsonic ammo, so pretty high end ammo. I once again pulled the gun apart and pulled the BCG out and everything looked fine. Put it back together and bang, everything worked fine for another 30-40 rounds with no issues.

I am just puzzled as to what the issue was, maybe the little gritty stuff came from the ammo, but it seems to work fine now...Any ideas....I'm a newbie to the Suppressor crowd and just wondering if this was a common issue...After close to 100 rounds, this little guy is super dirty..

I also took my 16" Daniel Defense DDM4 V11, 223 with me and used the suppressor on it for about 40-60 rounds, it seemed dirtier that usual but still functioned fine. None of the little particles were in this one, so I attribute this to the ammo used in the 300 blackout. Or is it the length of the pistol barrel being so short....

If anyone has any ideas, let me know what you think, guess its time to clean guns now...

wish I had a adjustable gas block, just took it apart and cleaned it. The BCG was super dirty and super dry, no lube anywhere, had to use needle nose pliers to get firing pin out it was so dry, so I'm thinking that was the issue, will go back to the range prob Sunday or Monday and try again. Its just really puzzling what the gritty substance was in there. Anyway, hopefully I will have the issue fixed.

Thanks

I only shoot 556 and it's dirty no matter what ammo I shoot, if its a gas issue what 0 clock are the rounds ejecting out of the gun? 1-3 over gassed, 4-5 the sweet spot.

I usually shoot 1k every time I go out, its a freaking mess and usually give it a shot of oil at聽the BCG after 500rds.聽

Got it all cleaned up and ready for the range again Sunday or Monday, will see how it goes. I will have to look and pay attention to the ejected rounds. Yes, the firing pin was so dry, it was not even moving easily, I suspect that was the issue, never thought to check that since it was a new gun.

Thanks Guys for the pointers and help- I'm a newbie and can use all the help I can get..

I have just realized that the rifle has become unusable and can not ever be made to fire well again. You should send it to me (you pay shipping) and I will dispose of it in a timely fashion.馃槒

Glad you figured it out, please post a range report.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, RED333 said:

I have just realized that the rifle has become unusable and can not ever be made to fire well again. You should send it to me (you pay shipping) and I will dispose of it in a timely fashion.馃槒

LOL, will do

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2021 at 8:48 AM, RED333 said:

solid offer 馃槈

On 8/21/2021 at 3:15 PM, Johnny Rotten said:

I only shoot 556 and it's dirty no matter what ammo I shoot, if its a gas issue what 0 clock are the rounds ejecting out of the gun? 1-3 over gassed, 4-5 the sweet spot.

I usually shoot 1k every time I go out, its a freaking mess and usually give it a shot of oil at聽the BCG after 500rds.聽

Those are expensive trips to the range at today鈥檚 ammo prices.聽

• 5 months later...