Phil Valentine dies from Covid

bobsguns

Posted on all the Nashville news sites, radio host Phil Valentine died from Covid complications yesterday. He had been on a ventilator for a week or longer. 

I've met Phil at several functions as he was a strong 2nd Amendment supporter & was a guest speaker at several functions. Super nice guy, IMO. Sad to hear of his passing.

Showing the kind of person she is, Martina Navratilova sent a tweet celebrating Valentine's death. Why she cared or even thought about Valentine is beyond me. Why she stooped to such a low level of class is also beyond me. 

RIP, Phil.  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, bobsguns said:

Posted on all the Nashville news sites, radio host Phil Valentine died from Covid complications yesterday. He had been on a ventilator for a week or longer. 

I've met Phil at several functions as he was a strong 2nd Amendment supporter & was a guest speaker at several functions. Super nice guy, IMO. Sad to hear of his passing.

Showing the kind of person she is, Martina Navratilova sent a tweet celebrating Valentine's death. Why she cared or even thought about Valentine is beyond me. Why she stooped to such a low level of class is also beyond me. 

RIP, Phil.  

It’s because he was a strong voice for conservative values. I told my wife yesterday that the leftists will have a large and festive time with this. 

Hopefully he’s resting in the arms of the Lord now. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, bobsguns said:

Why she cared or even thought about Valentine is beyond me.

Because she is part of the lowest form of life, a leftest commie!

1 hour ago, res308 said:

I am sure he is.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Can't say how long I have listened to "Uncle Phil Valentine. Since his early days and when I started on the road sales in the mid 90s, I think. Always enjoyed his take on life and politics.

I, and many, many others, will sorely miss him.

My condolences to his family and friends. Also praying for them and his radio family as well. 

May you Rest in Peace and bliss, away from the squabbles of this world.

5 hours ago, res308 said:

It’s because he was a strong voice for conservative values. I told my wife yesterday that the leftists will have a large and festive time with this. 

Agree on both counts. I started seeing gleeful and tasteless vindictive comments Saturday on Faceclap.  Seems the hate of the Civil and conservative knows no bounds.

To be fair, Phil couldn't have teed up a better scenario if he had tried even harder.  Say what you want, but he would still be spouting off about not getting the vaccine if he hadn't got it and died.  I just can't help feeling too empathetic towards him on this.  I suspect his family had the same views, so sometimes you get what get.  

That's not to say celebrate it, but also don't act like this is some tragedy.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
31 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I guess I'll point out again that there were Conservatives relishing the death of both RBG and John McCain. Both "teams" are nasty these days. 

People in general are increasingly nasty these days. I come home each night with a story to tell of some kind of rude occurrence. I believe a lot of it is social media "warriors" forgetting where they are.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

People in general are increasingly nasty these days. I come home each night with a story to tell of some kind of rude occurrence. I believe a lot of it is social media "warriors" forgetting where they are.

I couldn’t agree more.  Since the advent of social media, everyone thinks everyone else gives two ####s about their opinion.   

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 2

Uncle Phil and Johnny B were more a comedy duo than a talk show. I’ll sure miss listening to them. They had a chemistry that made a great program. I really enjoyed their encyclopedic knowledge of all things musical.

Unlike Ruth Bader Ginsberg and John McCain, their life’s goal was to entertain; not to destroy the greatest country earth has ever known. Apples and oranges.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
43 minutes ago, Hozzie said:

To be fair, Phil couldn't have teed up a better scenario if he had tried even harder.  Say what you want, but he would still be spouting off about not getting the vaccine if he hadn't got it and died.  I just can't help feeling too empathetic towards him on this.  I suspect his family had the same views, so sometimes you get what get.  

That's not to say celebrate it, but also don't act like this is some tragedy.

Well said. I've lost  track of how many headlines I've read like this. I know Phil realized he screwed up. I hope others do too.

image.png.e6a9aec21d4ca5e36bd747ceb2d683a2.png

Sechler spent 66 days attached to a breathing machine while in a coma. The 43-year-old had no pre-existing conditions and thought he’d rebound quickly if ever he caught COVID-19.

https://www.newsnationnow.com/health/coronavirus/i-did-not-believe-any-of-it-man-warns-from-icu-to-protect-yourself-get-the-vaccine/

6 hours ago, gregintenn said:

Uncle Phil and Johnny B were more a comedy duo than a talk show. I’ll sure miss listening to them. They had a chemistry that made a great program. I really enjoyed their encyclopedic knowledge of all things musical.

Unlike Ruth Bader Ginsberg and John McCain, their life’s goal was to entertain; not to destroy the greatest country earth has ever known. Apples and oranges.

Phil proudly called himself an "infotainer" for years, never calling himself anything  more than this.

I thought sometimes that Phil was surprised by the level of success he achieved combining news and comedy. It led to him being seen a focal point, a spokesperson, for his own value system. Which was seen as strongly conservative.

From there, his status made him a central figure in first local, then state politics.

For a while it seemed he was going to become a big name in national talk radio. But from what I understood, problems in syndication and differences with radio management and owners brought him back to Nashville and state instead of big network deals. Just what little I heard of it.

In any event, Phil was a big part of my radio listening life for many years. He educated and informed me on many topics, and was responsible for my edging from the sheep and seeing beyond my small world. Even woke my wife as I talked of what I heard every day. She was never really interested in politics until she finally started listening as well. I couldn't believe it as she began telling me about what she'd heard in her daily driving.

We both will miss Uncle Phil.

• Like 1

Sorry he died with Coved, Seldom  listened to him. My advice, GET THE SHOTS. I did. 

Edited to add; My wife has a nephew and great nephew, his son)  with coved and one is on a ventilator and the other in intensive care 3 weeks now. Both said they wished they had gotten the shots. Sadly, too late now. 

Edited by pop pop
15 hours ago, Erik88 said:

I guess I'll point out again that there were Conservatives relishing the death of both RBG and John McCain. Both "teams" are nasty these days. 

I understand McCain being reviled. He screwed America on voting for Nobama Care, he screwed America on voting for anti-gun legislation at every opportunity. He was no friend to conservatives & shafted us at every opportunity.

Ginsberg was against virtually everything America stood for, IMO. Hated guns with a passion. How can a USSC Justice support all the Amendments except one? 

• Like 5
22 minutes ago, pop pop said:

Sorry he died with Coved, Seldom  listened to him. My advice, GET THE SHOTS. I did. 

Edited to add; My wife has a nephew and great nephew, his son)  with coved and one is on a ventilator and the other in intensive care 3 weeks now. Both said they wished they had gotten the shots. Sadly, too late now. 

Sadly, the shots don't prevent one from getting covid. I know multiple people who had both shots & STILL ended up in ICU somewhere. 

I wonder if a better option would've been making cheap testing kits, do-it-yourself ones for home. Test yourself everyday & catch it before it gets ramped up & hammers your lungs. Because clearly the shots are neither preventing it nor slowing it down. They're also going to be mandatory as soon as the FDA approves them next month (I read on the news). 

May China's govt rot in hell over this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, bobsguns said:

Sadly, the shots don't prevent one from getting covid. I know multiple people who had both shots & STILL ended up in ICU somewhere. 

I

Over 90% of hospitalizations for Covid are unvaccinated people. The vaccines work, period. 

There were always going to be a small number of breakthrough cases, just like there are always breakthrough cases with other vaccines like the Flu shots. Testing is not a substitute for vaccination, it is in compliment to it. 
I had Covid in December, nearly ended up in the hospital with breathing issues (low O2 sat) and significant fluid in my lungs. Got the vaccine in April and have been directly exposed several times since then through work without getting it. The one breakthrough case we had in the workplace did not know he was positive because he had no significant symptoms and only a mild fever one evening. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, OldIronFan said:

Over 90% of hospitalizations for Covid are unvaccinated people. The vaccines work, period. 

If they "worked", then people wouldn't be getting covid after they've had the shots. Since they get covid after they got the shots, it's NOT a "vaccine" per se. 

For the record, I'm doing the shots. Had the first, waiting for the second. But I'm not closing my eyes to the reality of the situation. 

• Like 2

If by "worked" you mean 100% effective, then no. No vaccine is 100%. The polio vaccine is probably the best one ever made and it's only >99% and can have breakthrough cases. Tetanus and measles vaccines are around 96%. Flu shots some years are well under 50% if the manufacturers guess wrong about the common strains for the year.

So far, I've been fortunate that I work from home 100% and my wife is a school teacher who was teaching virtually last school year and has been home all summer. We've both been low risk of getting it and low risk of complications (not elderly, healthy, no co-morbidity). I recognize and accept that's not no-risk. During the prior spikes, there have been very few cases in my area of the county, we don't do group activities right now, and we always shop in low-traffic hours (I don't go to Home Depot at 1:00p on Saturday) further decreasing our risk of getting it.

But now that my wife is back at work and we're seeing more cases this time around in my corner of the world than in the last big spike, I'm moving much much closer to getting my jab. I'll likely do it this week now that Pfizer has full FDA approval. I can't say that Phil's death solely decided this, but it does weigh into the decision for sure, along with many other factors.

Edited by monkeylizard
18 hours ago, Erik88 said:

In general, people suck.

And what is a real travesty is seeing fellow Americans de-humanize one another over silly ideology (politics) that is designed to divide and allow others to control them.

• Thanks 2
7 hours ago, monkeylizard said:

If by "worked" you mean 100% effective, then no. No vaccine is 100%.

There's some stats from Israel on their current covid issues. Almost half of those in the hospital have had some sort of shot from one of the various makers. Google it up.

Now I have no clue what the US stats are nor do I doubt anyone else does either. Hospitals have been caught time & time again changing covid numbers. But I again say I know multiple people whom have had shots also contract covid & end up in the ICU. 

And IF the shots work, why wear masks? Makes no sense.

• Like 3

Israel has 8.8 million people, total COVID hospitalizations right now 514.  We're still talking a tiny percentage.

Yes, vaccinated people do get sick, because no vaccination works 100% of the time for 100% of the population.  In TN 95% of the people who have died of COVID in the last month weren't vaccinated.  Maybe there's a clue there?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, Whisper said:

In TN 95% of the people who have died of COVID in the last month weren't vaccinated.  Maybe there's a clue there?

No clue, not really. Were the deaths of urban or rural people? People who live in apartments or homes? People whom went clubbing? How many had underlying health issues: obesity, diabetes, heart disease, etc? 

This is like including gang banger shootings, robberies & other illegal acts lumped in with annual gun death rates by ND's. Just too many variants, IMO. 

• Like 2