Football is soon here!

bobsguns

Get your picks in early, who will win, who will be awful. 

As usual, Vandy will probably only win one or two games, none in the SEC, IMO. 

UT will be 5-5, 5-6, depending on how hard covid hits their schedule. Score a bunch of points, give up a bunch of points on defense.

Bama should win the SEC West but keep an eye on Ole Miss. They may climb above LSU for the West #2 slot. 

Were I a betting man, I'd wager on GA for the SEC East. Lots of talent there, good coaching as well. FL might be hit or miss, Gobs of talent but a bunch of 5 cent heads, IMO. Everyone else will fight for 3rd place except Vandy. 

Bama vs GA in the title game. Coin flip on who wins.

Elsewhere, the usual suspects. OSU, Clemson, maybe Oklahoma? No clue about the West coast at the moment, who's good or not. 

NFL

Titans looked REAL good in preseason despite playing all back-ups. Both back-up QB's looked sharp as did the RB. The rest of the AFC South is in a rebuilding mode for the most part. Indy lost QB Rivers to retirement. Houston is a mess with the legal issues around their QB. J'ville is with a first year college coach & rebuilding as well. 

KC will win their division along with the AFC West. Buffalo might make some noise in the AFC North. I don't see NE winning it nor Pittsburgh. 

KC & Titans in the AFC title game with the Titans winning it in a close game. 

NFC will almost certainly be taken by Tampa Bay as long as Brady is healthy. Their back-up QB played awful against the Titans, so he's not the answer. 

NFC West will be a three dog race with the Rams, 49ers & Seahawks, IMO. NFC East is a dump for teams except for Green Bay. 

Green Bay & Tampa Bay in the NFC title game with Tampa winning it. 

Tampa Bay vs Titans in the Super Bowl. If everyone is healthy, Titans winning it. 

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, bobsguns said:

I remember them in the late 1960s, early 1970s. Seems like they were in finals almost every year for a long time. 

17 minutes ago, bobsguns said:

Thanks, 10X state champs, thru the years.

Edited by Grunt67
59 minutes ago, Swamp ash said:

The big question is whether Josh Heupel will last the season before Volunteer fans call for him to be fired.

He shouldn't be worried about what the fans say, he needs to make sure to keep the philanthropist smiling . Those Haslams can be a harsh critic lol

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, Johnny Rotten said:

I give him 3 loses and the pitchfork's come out.

Would probably cost too much $$$$ to get rid of him in the first year.  And it's always a "re-building " year, don't cha know.  😉

• Haha 1

I'm a big fan of the Washington Huskies, and they may have a pretty good shot at winning the Pac12 this season. Unfortunately, they've not been able to win a bowl game in recent years. Also unfortunately for me, too many west coast games start at 9pm CST. I'm not staying up til midnight to watch a stinking fb game.

Edited by Darrell
1 hour ago, Darrell said:

I'm a big fan of the Washington Huskies, and they may have a pretty good shot at winning the Pac12 this season. Unfortunately, they've not been able to win a bowl game in recent years. Also unfortunately for me, too many west coast games start at 9pm CST. I'm not staying up til midnight to watch a stinking fb game.

Yep, that is a bit late.  Thing is, SEC & ACC pretty much rules the roost right now.

12 hours ago, Darrell said:

DVR the game, watch it the next day. It's what I do when I have to get up early for work.

• 5 weeks later...

I can't say that I'm a great football expert, but at least I have my website for making bets. When the quarantine started have noticed, the betting websites started to become extremely popular. People wanted to make some money in their free time, so I decided this was the perfect opportunity to open a gambling website. The bossaction.com helps me a lot to maintain the website working. Most of all, I like that they offer me customer service, so I don't have to care about finding multiple persons and administrating the customer service.

Edited by elliotpat
  • Like 1

UT-Florida game week. Once again, a big gap in talent on UT's side, sadly. Hopefully Florida will have some sort of Bama hangover but I'm not holding my breath on that.

The A&M-Arkansas game might be THE most intriguing this weekend, IMO. I doubt anyone could've seen the huge improvement in Arkansas that we've seen so far this year. I don't know that I would call an Arkansas win over A&M an upset this year? 

Eddie George won his first game as TSU's HC last week. Of course, it came against a Div II team, KY State. Be interesting to see how he improves the TSU team over the next 3-4 years. I can't see him bringing too many talented players there, the facilities are just horrible. High schools have better facilities than TSU does.