Football is soon here!

bobsguns

9 hours ago, Grunt67 said:

That's true, #1 & #2 were out, but they were playing the Jets, one of the worst teams in the league, so........

Jets are a bit misleading, IMO. Their d-line is one of the league's better lines. They also are using a rookie QB, which is a recipe for disaster in the NFL. But they played one of their best games all year & the Titans certainly played as bad as when AZ steamrolled them in the opener. 

8 minutes ago, Grunt67 said:

That it was. Alabama #1 no more. I was pulling for A&M, but thought they had blew it, but they pulled it out.

Better yet, it was the first time one of Saban’s former assistants have won against him.  Go Jimbo!

• Like 1

Wow! How about the Ole Miss-Arkansas game?! *I* would've went for 1pt & gone into O/T but the coach didn't seek my opinion.  😝

The OK-Texas game was also a last second win. OK scored with about 2 seconds left.

UK continues to win, beating LSU. Their coach is working some serious magic, IMO. 

Looks like next weeks Big Game might be Bama-Miss State? UT-Ole Miss will be exciting as well. Congrats to Al Wilson getting into the College HOF! He seems to be a fine young man, never been in any trouble at all. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Grunt67 said:

Al Wilson was a goodun for sure. Congrats to  him.

Definitely.  I first met him while he was still at JCM, when he was being recruited alongside one of my former players.  Al was a fine player and an even better young man.  Congratulations to him on a well-deserved honor.

Another great statement by Bobsguns:  As for A&M, I doubt Bama gives a fat, furry rat's ass if the game is at home or away. They just went to the Swamp & won, arguably one of the toughest places to play in the SEC on the road

And another great statement by Bobsguns:  Funny you think A&M may beat Bama but not Arkansas, who just beat (guess who?) A&M

Can't wait for your next words of wisdom.

• Like 1

Kansas City got their butts whupped last nite by Buffalo Bills,  38 - 20 . Not really a surprise,  Chiefs defense is sub par, offense gotten too predictable. Teams have caught on to their style,  and countered it. Gonna be a disappointing season if they don't fix things. A bit late to fix the D. They spent a bunch of money to fix the O line, left the D hanging. The Bill's are looking like a possible SB contender.

Still early yet. Key injuries could kill that.

9 hours ago, A516 said:

Can't wait for your next words of wisdom.

They're opinions. Nothing more, nothing less. They're also worth exactly what you paid for them.

A&M-Bama game is a perfect example of why I never bet on football. That's got to be one of the best upsets of all time, IMO. 

But I still stick to my claim that Bama could care less about where the game is played. 

Now let's see what A&M does with the momentum of that win.  

1 hour ago, Grunt67 said:

Kansas City got their butts whupped last nite by Buffalo Bills,  38 - 20 . Not really a surprise, 

The dominance by the Bills was a surprise to me. This was the first game I've seen them in & they were looking good indeed. They & the Chargers look to be the best two teams in the AFC right now, IMO. Either team would beat the Titans by 21+ points, IMO. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bobsguns said:

The dominance by the Bills was a surprise to me. This was the first game I've seen them in & they were looking good indeed. They & the Chargers look to be the best two teams in the AFC right now, IMO. Either team would beat the Titans by 21+ points, IMO. 

I'd say you're right. Titans are average at best.

Can't really say I was surprised by the Bill's, due to KCs lack of defense,  but the Chargers have been somewhat surprising.

Wow! How about the ending to the UT-Ole Miss game? LOL! What a fricking zoo!

Not condoning the throwing of objects, but UT fans had a couple of reasons to be upset. They were robbed on a fumble recovery/TD return. No whistle had blown but somehow the ref decided that the play was dead despite NO whistle blowing. Robbed again on the late 4th & 27 pass & catch. Even if he was short, it was a horrible spot, IMO. Fans had over 20 years of frustration pent up & they let loose. Looked like mostly the student section.

Vandy had a win on the road & managed once again to get both out-played and out-coached late in the game. Sad.

LSU schooled Florida. I think Florida was way overconfident coming into that game & LSU made them pay. 

Bama & GA rolled, no surprise there. A&M had no Bama win hangover. 

Iowa got boat raced. LOL! I knew they were overrated, no way were they a Top 5 team. Cincinnati looks to be a for real team. 

UT will get boat raced by Bama next week, I'm afraid. Ole Miss vs LSU now seems to look like a game to watch, IMO. 

• Like 1