Football is soon here!

bobsguns

20 hours ago, Bnashville said:

Most SEC schools have plenty of classless fans with the possible exception of Vanderbilt who doesn’t even have plenty of fans period. 

I used to have season tickets for Vandy football & women's basketball. I promise you there's a share of idiots at Vandy as well. Mostly verbal, IMO. 

There was the tennis ball thrown onto the court during a Florida game at Dewayne Schintzius. Refs called a technical, he shot two free throws & beat Vandy with no time on the clock. CM Newton lost his mind over that loss. Schintzius died in 2012, which I didn't know. Only 43 years old. 

Good old superfan Vandy Lance was a horse's ass to Vince Gill when Belmont came in to play Vandy. He rode Gill like a rented mule the entire game, not really sure why as Gill certainly wasn't playing nor coaching. 

News reported today UT was fined $250k for the incident. I knew they would get fined but am not surprised by the amount. 

6 hours ago, gregintenn said:

Justify it all you want, guys. That was a trashy, despicable display.

I didn't see a single soul "justifying" the throwing of objects. Every single person condemned it.

Some of us understood why it happened, but none of us condoned it. Not one.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Grunt67 said:

Buffalo Bill's come to Nashville tonite to take on the eventual ( sarcasm ), Super Bowl champs. Bill's are the best team in the NFL, right now. Titans,.....not so much.

Any thoughts?

Bills by 3 TD's, IMO. Titans will get boat raced as they can't stop top tier teams, IMO. Might be Bills & Bucs in the SB?

Neither team played very well. Henry's running was about it for TN. Bill's failed to adjust at halftime.  Then with 4th & goal inside the 1, Bill's call a  qb sneak that got stuffed, rather than go for a chip shot field goal to tie & go into OT.  The rest, as they say, is history.

Titans lose to the worst team in the league, and beat the best team in the league. Go figure, LOL.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Hozzie said:

I will take UT fans throwing things over that stupid ass Vandy Whistler all day every day.  Only thing better would be a UT fan throwing the Whistler on the field from the upper deck. 

That dude is annoying. Especially if you sit near him.

Bills by 3 TD's, IMO. Titans will get boat raced as they can't stop top tier teams, IMO.

Another outstanding prediction brought to by the TGO Extinguished Football GooGoo Bobsguns.  Remember the Alabama-Texas A&M prediction.  I guess your opinion is highly suspect.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Grunt67 said:

Neither team played very well. Henry's running was about it for TN.

Henry had 143 rushing yards. 74 (or so) of them came on one run, so he only got 70-something for the rest of his carries. Not a huge night, IMO.

I think the Titans have a curse on their WR's as they can't stay healthy or they don't produce. Going all the way back to when they signed Carl Pickens & Yancy Thigpen, they can't stay healthy. Now we've got Jones hurt again. 

I think they picked up this curse when they played at Vandy for a year.  😆

3 hours ago, A516 said:

Bills by 3 TD's, IMO. Titans will get boat raced as they can't stop top tier teams, IMO.

Another outstanding prediction brought to by the TGO Extinguished Football GooGoo Bobsguns.  Remember the Alabama-Texas A&M prediction.  I guess your opinion is highly suspect.

Well, you certainly can't complain you don't get what you paid for, can you?   😉

I also note NO ONE predicted the Titans to beat the Bills. Nor to lose to the winless Jets either, for that matter. 

Bama was due to lose a game sooner or later. Their QB isn't quite top notch (as of now anyway) & it caught up to them. 

Nor do I feel bad about my predictions. I see the pros on tv & they're not much better than .500 on their picks & those are the most successful ones. The poorest ones are in the .300 range. 

Glad I could keep you entertained.   Miss U GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

47 minutes ago, bobsguns said:

Henry had 143 rushing yards. 74 (or so) of them came on one run, so he only got 70-something for the rest of his carries. Not a huge night, IMO.

I think the Titans have a curse on their WR's as they can't stay healthy or they don't produce. Going all the way back to when they signed Carl Pickens & Yancy Thigpen, they can't stay healthy. Now we've got Jones hurt again. 

I think they picked up this curse when they played at Vandy for a year.  😆

143 yds.  3 TDs. Pretty good nite by most standards.

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Grunt67 said:

143 yds.  3 TDs. Pretty good nite by most standards.

By appearances, yes. But half that yardage on only one run by Henry. Buffalo didn't allow him his usual 9-12-15 yard bursts. They did a decent job on him, which is no easy feat, IMO. 

1 hour ago, bobsguns said:

By appearances, yes. But half that yardage on only one run by Henry. Buffalo didn't allow him his usual 9-12-15 yard bursts. They did a decent job on him, which is no easy feat, IMO. 

Bill's did stop him at or behind the line several times,  but the TDs was the killer. The Bill's couldn't play their usual game. First two scores after driving down field,  resulted in field goals. I thought then they were in trouble.

FWIW, I'm not a fan of either.

I'm anxious to see how the Chiefs do Sun. Their defense is like a screen door.

Edited by Grunt67
17 hours ago, Grunt67 said:

I'm anxious to see how the Chiefs do Sun. Their defense is like a screen door.

OTOH, the Titans have always had issues with a super mobile QB such as Mahomes. I also wonder if the Titans might have a win hangover from Buffalo & add in the short week to prepare, it might be a who has the ball last kind of game?

2 hours ago, bobsguns said:

OTOH, the Titans have always had issues with a super mobile QB such as Mahomes. I also wonder if the Titans might have a win hangover from Buffalo & add in the short week to prepare, it might be a who has the ball last kind of game?

That is a possibility. I'm pulling for the Chiefs ( Zero love for Titans ), but games have been crazy unpredictable this season. I'll keep my money in my pocket.

3 hours ago, Grunt67 said:

I'll keep my money in my pocket.

Wise decision. Vegas doesn't stay in business by paying out a lot of bet winners. LOL!

But since the Titans have hit town, one never knows which team will show up, IMO. The team that beats a real good team like the Bills (this year) or slapped the Chiefs around in Nashville (last year) or the one that got hammered 50-something to 10 by New England a few years back or this year's loss to a winless Jets team? *I* would've bet the farm the Bills would've rolled based on how they hammered the Chiefs this year in KC. Obviously I caught flack for that pick, but it seemed logical. Bu, like the commercial say, future results aren't based on past performance. LOL!

• Like 1