Football is soon here!

bobsguns

Watched the Chiefs completely derail the Raiders last nite, 41 - 14. Looked like the Chiefs of old. Mahomes did show more patience during the game, rather than looking for the bomb downfield. They're now back on top of the AFC West.

My Cowboys put a whooping on Atlanta as well, 43 - 3, in Atl.

Looks like this weekend is homecoming deluxe for most SEC schools. All but a couple are playing some sort of compass school (NW, SE, Central, etc) for that game.

Arkansas-Bama could be interesting, depending on which Bama teams shows up. 

Florida-Mizzu could be interesting given how Florida has been playing. Mullen is definitely on the hottest of hot seats, some say he's already gone at the end of the year. If so, Lane Kiffen at Florida, i.e. Spurrior, Jr? Not that they need it, but gives UT fans a lot more reason to hate both Florida & Kiffen. LOL!

Auburn-SC. This might be much closer than it would've been a month ago. Auburn has lost a lot of games lately, SC has kinda sorta gotten a small bit of confidence with a win. If Auburn loses, there may be another coaching hot seat out there. 

Titans-Texans shouldn't be close, IMO. Texas has won only one game all year & their team is in disarray with the whole will-he-won't-he-go-to-jail thing with Deshawn Watson. Can't believe the Texans didn't cut him long ago, now they're paying the piper, IMO. 

High school: Pearl Cohn vs Tullahoma Fri night. Pearl Cohn is just thumping people so far in the play-offs, as is Tullahoma. Might be the best game this Fri night? In Tullahoma as well.

1 hour ago, Snaveba said:

I am hoping the Lebanon-Oakland game tomorrow night is a good one (with Lebanon the victor)

I'll be watching the Lebanon- Oakland game on Ch 30, while listening to the Trousdale- Watertown game on radio.

Should be 2 of the best games around. Hoping for a Trousdale win, have no dog in the other game, but Oakland will be a handful. Never know tho. Good luck.

2 hours ago, Grunt67 said:

Update, the Oakland- Lebanon game will not be on Ch 30. Apparently,  the paper was wrong or they changed it. Instead it will be Pearl Cohn - Tullahoma.

I bet they changed it. Bigger audience in Nashville for Pearl Cohn-Tullahoma, IMO. All about the ad revenue..........................

Well, the Titans #### the bed today. They're the only NFL team to lose to both of the worst teams in the NFL, Jets & Texans. Jesus, what a sorry performance. Pats up next, who will beat them by 30 points, IMO. 

Florida announces Mullen was fired today. Be interesting to see who ends up there. I wonder if they might not go through 2-3 coaches in a row like other schools have done? 

Miami fired their AD today as well. Probably means their coach isn't far behind.

Alcoa & Giles Co Fri night. Alcoa is a one-loss team, Giles Co is undefeated. 

Tullahoma vs Haywood, both teams undefeated there. Another good game.

Page vs Henry Co. Henry Co entered the playoffs with a 5-5 record, yet they're in the semi-finals. That's good coaching, IMO. 

Maryville vs Murfreesboro Oakland. Both undefeated teams, another good game in the making. All these games are scattered across East, Middle & West TN. Should someone want to see a good game, they shouldn't have to go far.

Rival weekend finale's in the SEC. Bama-Auburn, MSU-Ole Miss, UT-Vandy, UK-Louisville, SC-Clemson, etc. I almost feel bad for the Vandy seniors. Almost............ 😝 

5 minutes ago, bobsguns said:

Florida announces Mullen was fired today. Be interesting to see who ends up there. I wonder if they might not go through 2-3 coaches in a row like other schools have done? 

I have no problem with Mullen but I sure do take great pleasure in Florida’s downfall. 

56 minutes ago, Garufa said:

I have no problem with Mullen but I sure do take great pleasure in Florida’s downfall. 

I never thought he'd be a good there when he got hired. Nothing specific, just that he wasn't a Top 5 coach. 

Now that I think about it, when's the last time Florida, Miami & FSU all finished out of the Top 25 in the same year? Usually one of those three are decent.

Well, let's see what's new.

Titans release Peterson & a couple of other players. Sign a bunch of new ones to replace them. I still think the Pats will win by 2-3 TD's this Sunday.

UT is favored by 30 over Vandy. Huepel should be SEC coach of the year, IMO. He inherited a dumpster fire, had his best players transfer out, took a transfer QB in & molded him into a pretty decent QB & should finish 8-4 after the Vandy game. They should've beat Ole Miss & been 9-3 but oh, well.

James Franklin signed a 10 year extension with Pedo State. If he finishes that contract, I'll buy everyone in here a cheese burger. 

LSU supposedly is down to their final 3 candidates. That'll be an interesting hire.

I'm super curious who Florida hires. While a high paying job & high profile, the fan base is overly optimistic on their expectations, IMO. The Spurrior days are over & not coming back. 

I'm also wondering if Florida State will keep their coach as well. 

Is there any doubt the Cincinnati coach will bail for greener pastures? There's rumblings TX is thinking about cutting loose their coach after only one year. And they want to join the SEC?  😯

Bama over Auburn.

UK over Louisville.

UT over Vandy. (duh!)

GA over Tech.

MSU over Ole Miss in an upset.

FSU over Florida by a FG or something close.

LSU over A&M in another upset.

SC upsets Clemson.

Lady Vols are playing a Turkey Tournament in Vegas. They had a huge win over TX last Sun! I know they're not football but I follow them closely. 

Trousdale got beat by 2 points last night. While disappointing for them, I'm sure, they had a darn good season. 

Alcoa is just steamrolling their opponents. Wins by 40-50 points are common for them in playoff games. Don't know what they're feeding their kids but maybe Vandy should get some of it for their team? LOL!

OSU over Michigan again this year? Jim Harbaugh is 0-5 against OSU.

While I don't see it happening, it wouldn't completely surprise me if Auburn won against Bama. Maybe something like in years past, running back a missed FG for a score or (way back now) a blocked punt for a score? 

OK-OSU are both 10-1 & play tonight. Might be the best game this weekend?

Ohio & Michigan was epic! Great game to watch. Michigan was fired up & hungry to win.

Alabama and Auburn was a nail-biter. Auburn looked to have it in the bag, but Alabama took it 99 yards with something like 1min 38sec on the clock & no timeouts. Clutch football when it mattered. The four over-times were the icing on the cake; what a great showdown! Props to Tinley from Auburn playing so well with a bum ankle. Truly a gutsy performance. 

• Like 1

I'm going with GA over Bama by 10+ points. I just don't see Bama scoring a lot of points on GA's defense. 

Michigan over Iowa but no more than a TD, IMO. I think Michigan will be tight while Iowa has nothing to lose & will play like it.

OK State over Baylor, maybe by 10+? OSU plays hard & they play fast. They may be the sleeper in the BCS group & might give GA more than they want, IMO. 

Crazy with the coaching movements as well. I don't think USC will be what Riley thinks it will be. Be interesting to see how Kelly does in the SEC. He won't be playing Army, Navy & USAF every year anymore. LOL!

Not sure how well Napier will do at Florida. Obviously time will tell.