Great deal on a .30 Remington AR Rifle Kit

Ronald_55

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The spec they list for the extension, they dont say what exactly that is a measurement of. If its the diameter, its consistent with the DPSM pattern 308 extensions at the hundredths they go out to. If its the flange to breech face than its a few thou short, but may not yield a stacking tolerance problem depending on your BCG OAL.

If it wasnt in that kryptek and what looks like a weaver rail vs pic, the lower may be worth it if they fire sale it even more down the road

Not sure on the outer diameter of the extension but I know the bolt used was supposedly a ".308 rifle bolt" in an AR15 upper. One could assume since they did this for the stronger bolt they used the corresponding compatible extension and just opened up the upper receiver. 

the AR10 extensions we produce are Ø1.1865 ±.0004 with a shoulder to face dim of 1.240 ±.003
the AR15 extensions are Ø.9987 +.0000 / - .0008 with a shoulder to face dim of .990 ±.005 Per TDP. 

That is not really how extensions are head spaced to a barrel/chamber however. For that dim it is 1.648 ±.001 on the AR10 extensions and .907 ±.001 on the AR15 TDP. 

There is also the issue of diameters of the bolt body itself before we start talking about gas rings and cam pin dimensions. Ø.662 +.000 / -.001 for the 10 and Ø.528 ±.0005 for the 15. 

I suppose one could produce an AR 15 bolt carrier to accept the larger/different dimensions of the .308 bolt, use a .308 extension and a barrel in a standard AR10 caliber (.308 bolt face diameter compatible) and make it work. One could also produce and "oversized" extension with standard ar15 internal/lug dimensions and the larger ".308" external dimensions to make it work with a standard ar15 BCG but I would think the better use of your time and money would be finding a good deal on a standard pattern upper and lower of your preferred platform.

It strikes me that its was some of the same think behind the 450 Bushmaster but by a fan of 7.62.  Seems it fell to the fallacy that drove 10mm to .40.....the 308 us is to heavy and powerful so the Rem 30 AR is the 308 short and weak for the sake of saving a couple pounds?  

Something between 7.62x39 and 308. Definitely questionable in the build it and they will come camp.

Really the only thing of value is the lower like I was alluding too, but would have to drop even more to make it worth it...if you like Kryptek.

3 hours ago, Erich said:

It strikes me that its was some of the same think behind the 450 Bushmaster but by a fan of 7.62. 

Parent case started out as a 450 bushmaster case shortened and necked down to 30 cal. Basically a 30 cal ar15 with higher case capacity, pressure, and velocity than 300 AAC.