Coved Shots

pop pop

I am truly thankful my last 2 daughters have decided to get their families Vaccinated for Coved. We have been pleading with them. 

My wife just lost a great nephew and his dad is on a ventilator now. Both were not vaccinated, and one has paid a great price because of it. We are praying for the nephew and things are not looking good at present. He has been on the ventilator for 2 weeks tomorrow. 

I just hope my daughters, and their families have time to get this accomplished and get fully vaccinated. 

I am going to try and get a booster in October. 

• Like 3

My wife is an ICU nurse. At this time all but 1 of their patients are COVID positive non vaccinated and on vents. 
while it is indeed unsure of the long term side effects of the vaccine. We know for sure the long term effects of not getting the vaccine and have a bad case of Covid 

• Like 5

Our 2 children got their first shots this afternoon. Now should have 70% immunity. Need other shot, after one month, for possible 90 to 95% immunity. Most of the people who are passing away have not been vaccinated. My other 2 daughters have been fully vaccinated, including my wife and I. Get the shots!

We are working on our twin 17 Y O s, and hope they get it. Our Rutherford County schools are rotten with coved right now. Their mother is trying to get them Phyzer now. Other two vaccines are not approved for under 18. 

• Like 1

Three local friends have it, not serious so far but have symptoms, all vaccinated, We are vaccinated but though that we may have been exposed and wife has been a little under the weather so we went and were tested, both came back negative. First time to have the nose root rooter, not to bad but could do with out a repeat. If a booster is offered we will get it. Old and over weight, need all the protection we can get.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, Krull said:

Any feedback on the Johnson and Johnson? Im not to keen on the RNA vaccines......  My heart doctors just cleared me to take a vaccine.

I took the J&J shot and I'm still sucking air. I had a mild fever that night for a few hours and my arm hurt like any other vaccine. Aside from that nothing noticeable. It's the least effective of the 3 vaccine though.

Edited by Erik88
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I took the J&J shot and I'm still sucking air. I had a mild fever that night for a few hours and my arm hurt like any other vaccine. Aside from that nothing noticeable. It's the least effective of the 3 vaccine though.

im not so sure it the least effective.  I have seen studies that show it is just as effective against the delta variant as the others.  Those studies are out of Africa.

Here is one source.... cant find the other articles

https://www.verywellhealth.com/johnson-and-johnson-vaccine-covid-delta-variant-5198316

Edited by Krull
2 minutes ago, Krull said:

im not so sure it the least effective.  I have seen studies that show it is just as effective against the delta variant as the others.  Those studies are out of Africa.

That's fair. I'm certainly no expert on this. There are new studies being done constantly so who knows what changes. @MacGyver might have some good info on that J&J shot. 

• Like 1
On 8/26/2021 at 2:51 PM, BJB said:

My wife is an ICU nurse. At this time all but 1 of their patients are COVID positive non vaccinated and on vents. 
while it is indeed unsure of the long term side effects of the vaccine. We know for sure the long term effects of not getting the vaccine and have a bad case of Covid 

That’s a pretty disingenuous statement considering (1) neither the vaccine nor the virus have been around long enough to know long term effects, (2) the vast majority of people that have come down with either of the COVID variants never need hospitalization, vaccinated or not.

At this point it appears that those that are predisposed to have a bad outcome with COVID have a much better chance of survival if they get the vaccine, but that is not the majority of people. Since we now know that the vaccine does not protect the vaccinated from catching or spreading COVID, it is hard to justify the lengths that are being taken to force or shame those that do not want the vaccine to get it.

• Like 5
On 8/27/2021 at 11:03 AM, pop pop said:

Granddaughter got the shot but grandson refused. 

Get the shots! It ain't going away and the shots are your only defense against it.

Most who get Coved, and are vaccinated, are NOT dying. 

Also most who get COVID are not dying.

Edited by Danger Rane
Highlight of quote
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
15 hours ago, Danger Rane said:

That’s a pretty disingenuous statement considering (1) neither the vaccine nor the virus have been around long enough to know long term effects, (2) the vast majority of people that have come down with either of the COVID variants never need hospitalization, vaccinated or not.

At this point it appears that those that are predisposed to have a bad outcome with COVID have a much better chance of survival if they get the vaccine, but that is not the majority of people. Since we now know that the vaccine does not protect the vaccinated from catching or spreading COVID, it is hard to justify the lengths that are being taken to force or shame those that do not want the vaccine to get it.

Disingenuous-not candid or sincere.typically by pretending that one knows less about something then one really does. 

REALLY!!!!!

while it is Very true that most never need hospitalization, studies show about 3% do and I believe that number is terribly high 

the vaccine is proven to reduce the need for hospitalization. And those that felt the need to defer getting it are the very ones that are filling the ICU’s and taking up valuable resources. 
I was a nurse and paramedic for 20 years and I am very sincere when I say that the vaccine is helping save lives 

• Like 1

And let me say. 
I AM AGAINST MANDATORY VACCINATION 

This is American and you have the right to choose what is right for you. 
however if you choose not to get vaccinated 

Please stay Home if you get sick 

• Like 3
On 8/28/2021 at 3:44 PM, BJB said:

And let me say. 
I AM AGAINST MANDATORY VACCINATION 

This is American and you have the right to choose what is right for you. 
however if you choose not to get vaccinated 

Regardless of the vaccination, anyone should stay home if you are sick. Vaccinated people can still transmit the china virus 

Edited by partypilot1
  • Like 6
On 8/27/2021 at 2:26 PM, Erik88 said:

Just wait until your feet swell, you break out in hives and rashes, you have heart attacks and strokes, your penis falls off and your head explodes Erik ...

• Wow 1
1 hour ago, No_0ne said:

Just wait until your feet swell, you break out in hives and rashes, you have heart attacks and strokes, your penis falls off and your head explodes Erik ...

Please, please, please, there have been no instances of heads exploding.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
4 hours ago, AuEagle said:

Please, please, please, there have been no instances of heads exploding.

Well at least not externally.

https://rightsfreedoms.wordpress.com/2021/05/19/scientific-study-finds-the-spike-protein-used-in-covid-vaccines-causes-strokes-heart-attacks-and-blood-clots/

In the new study, the researchers created a “pseudovirus” that was surrounded by SARS-CoV-2 classic crown of spike proteins, but did not contain any actual virus. Exposure to this pseudovirus resulted in damage to the lungs and arteries of an animal model—proving that the spike protein alone was enough to cause disease. Tissue samples showed inflammation in endothelial cells lining the pulmonary artery walls.  

--------------------

The study then states that “vaccination-generated antibodies” may protect the body from the spike protein.

However it is the very spike protein within the vaccine that causes damage to the vascular system. In other words, the human immune system is trying to protect the patient from potential damage caused by the vaccine, before the damage can be caused. Therefore any person who does not suffer a serious adverse reaction to the Covid vaccine only does so because their innate immune system is protecting them from the vaccine, not with the vaccine as authorities want you to believe. The vaccine is the weapon. Your immune system is your defense.

Referenced Article

https://www.salk.edu/news-release/the-novel-coronavirus-spike-protein-plays-additional-key-role-in-illness/

Salk researchers and collaborators show how the protein damages cells, confirming COVID-19 as a primarily vascular disease

LA JOLLA—Scientists have known for a while that SARS-CoV-2’s distinctive “spike” proteins help the virus infect its host by latching on to healthy cells. Now, a major new study shows that the virus spike proteins (which behave very differently than those safely encoded by vaccines) also play a key role in the disease itself.

• Like 3
On 8/28/2021 at 2:44 PM, BJB said:

I a amazed by the people that know they were exposed and did not stay home, and not just the chicom crap but with the flu. Even when they have a fever they still come to work!

• Like 2
  • Angry 4
1 hour ago, RED333 said:

Even when they have a fever they still come to work!

That's something that used to make me nuts! (Retired now, thank goodness!) People would come to work sick, but would take sick days when they weren't ill, just didn't want to come to work. I guess that's bad human nature, 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, RED333 said:

I a amazed by the people that know they were exposed and did not stay home, and not just the chicom crap but with the flu. Even when they have a fever they still come to work!

Those people are known as IDIOTS.  My office has a bunch of old farts in it (so am I), so when someone comes to work sick, they endanger a lot of people there.  And not just with COVID, but the flu or any other tranmissionable virus. 

My two cents, get the jab.  If you aren't sure about the Phizer or Mederna vaccines, then go get the Johnson & Johnson. It's no different than the vaccines, you all got as a child.  All three are easy to find in the Knoxville area.  My wife got the Johnson & Johnson and our youngest, got the Phizer on Friday.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, RED333 said:

There are people who make selfish choices? Say it ain't so!

• Like 1
  • Wow 1