Hurricane Ida and Asian Grocery Stores

Currently I have 3.51 in my gauge. Rained really hard at times. Haven't seen any flooding around my area.

I got my yard mowed just before it started yesterday. Put the mower up, started to the house, heard thunder. Things went downhill frm there.

5 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I think he was looking for the storm drain. This lot always floods but this is the worst I've seen it.

Didn’t know that lot was prone to flooding.  If he was looking for a storm drain, he’s still a fool 😀.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Didn’t know that lot was prone to flooding.  If he was looking for a storm drain, he’s still a fool 😀.

Yep. I think he is the manager of Sonic. I would have told them they don't pay enough to walk out in pecker deep rain water.

Edited by Erik88
  • Haha 3
12 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

20210831_194412.thumb.jpg.06bc28b99b01e7eab82433e4ee307f0a.jpgDammit not the Asian Supermarket 😡

I figured you might be acquainted with that wonderfully bizarre grocery.  😀

They might have some new fresh fish tomorrow.

Edited by Garufa
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

5” and counting here.

You've got me beat so far. Mine says 4.05" & counting. Just went to Lebanon, creek over 231 a bit muddy, but not out of the banks. The creek going thru town has nothing.

Edited by Grunt67
1 hour ago, FUJIMO said:

I think this was @Erik88out doing a survey of places prone to flooding.

Exactly. This is what happens when I get bored on a Tuesday evening. I almost killed our Rav4 in that parking lot earlier this summer. I pulled in near that Sonic after a hard rain and the entrance was extremely deceiving. Water came over the HOOD of our Rav4 and I about shat my pants. I was concerned enough to immediately turn it off and make sure the air filter wasn't wet. Then we proceeded to watch other vehicles make the same mistake. One car missed the entrance entirely and drilled the curb. They left parts of their bumper on the ground. 😆

My wife's coworker did the same thing last week and hyrdolocked her engine in the exact same spot. I know it sounds like we're idiots but it looks like a normal puddle at that entrance until you are in it. Also not denying I'm an idiot at times. 

Actual footage of coworker. 

feeling GIF

• Haha 2
  • Wow 2
4 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

Exactly. This is what happens when I get bored on a Tuesday evening. I almost killed our Rav4 in that parking lot earlier this summer. I pulled in near that Sonic after a hard rain and the entrance was extremely deceiving. Water came over the HOOD of our Rav4 and I about shat my pants. I was concerned enough to immediately turn it off and make sure the air filter wasn't wet. Then we proceeded to watch other vehicles make the same mistake. One car missed the entrance entirely and drilled the curb. They left parts of their bumper on the ground. 😆

My wife's coworker did the same thing last week and hyrdolocked her engine in the exact same spot. I know it sounds like we're idiots but it looks like a normal puddle at that entrance until you are in it. Also not denying I'm an idiot at times. 

feeling GIF

If you are in the lot at the Sonic/Asian Market/etc you can tell by the pavement its seen some extended time underwater because it's like the surface of the moon....or what I imagine its like lol. Damn that coworker though !!!

14 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

feeling GIF

LOL! That’s awesome!

Everyone can’t say they’ve put on Muck boots while surfing on the roof of their car. She can…and has the video to prove it!

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

Damn that coworker though !!!

Yeah I feel bad for her. It wasn't like the videos you see of people intentionally driving through floodwaters. I'm convinced some of those people are committing insurance fraud for a new vehicle. She made an honest mistake. This is the entrance I'm talking about and you'd never guess the water gets 3 feet deep when it rains. The curb I circled in red is where that car flew over it at warp speed. 🙂

BTW, is that Asian Grocery store really good or are you joking? I've never been inside. 

image.png.607ec7a00e4657d04a3395865f935797.png

• Like 1