CDC - gun violence a "serious public health threat"

"This is not a conversation about having them or not having them. This is a conversation about how we can make them being here safe," Walensky told CNN. "The research that we intend to do is going to be squarely about making America safe. Making people safe."

Richmond, VA tried putting felons back in jail when they turned back to gun crime(s). It was hugely successful in reducing violent crime but the ensuing outcry from the ACLU, NAACP & other usual suspects forced politicians to put a stop to it. 

I'm not quite certain what CDC thinks they're going to accomplish with their "study". There's reams of FBI studies on crime, murders & so forth. My best guess is they just want a lot more of that Govt grant $$$$ to fill out their budget. 

CDC Director Dr. Walensky should go spend several weeks in the inner city of Atlanta. Better yet, live in the projects for a month & then see what sort of solutions she comes up with.

My bet would be she'd be about as efficient as she has been with this China flu mess: a disaster!

• Like 3

Gents, this should not be a surprise and is not news. Its straight from Biden's campaign platform on his promises to eviscerate 2A.

From Bidens published campaign:

Dedicate the brightest scientific minds to solving the gun violence public health epidemic. In 2013, President Obama issued a memorandum clarifying that a longstanding appropriations rider that prohibited the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other federal scientific agencies from using federal dollars to “advocate or promote gun control” does not prohibit those agencies from researching the causes and prevention of gun violence. The National Institutes of Health (NIH) subsequently embarked on funding some of this research, though Republican leadership in Congress refused to appropriate any funds to the CDC for this work. Biden will call for Congress to appropriate $50 million to accelerate this research at the CDC and NIH. 

The CDC hook is key to future plans. .Gov has demonstrated they can misuse / abuse CDC powers to usurp state sovereignty and act where federal powers dont normally allow. The specific proof of concept came the last couple years when .gov abused CDC mandate to annex homes away from their legal owners who were renting them, nullified the leases, and de facto transferred most rights to lease holders. It allowed the feds to block any state / local legal recourse the former legal owners had as well.

When Dr. W is handed the doctored research and declares they have confirmed that gun violence is an "epidemic" and a public crisis, I would expect .gov to try a similar set of abuses in trying to usurp state sovereignty again. Specifically 2A sanctuary provisions.

Heck, using sanctions to end ammo, shill govts to go after gun manufacturers, this ones seems like a gimme.  

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Erich said:

When Dr. W is handed the doctored research and declares they have confirmed that gun violence is an "epidemic" and a public crisis, I would expect .gov to try a similar set of abuses in trying to usurp state sovereignty again. Specifically 2A sanctuary provisions.

say when.jpg

6 hours ago, Erich said:

The CDC hook is key to future plans. .Gov has demonstrated they can misuse / abuse CDC powers to usurp state sovereignty and act where federal powers dont normally allow

Bingo! We no longer enjoy a representative government, and haven't since FDR's New Deal. The US Constitution was designed specifically to separate powers and to make government answerable to the voters. We now are governed by unelected administrators of agencies that in many cases write the laws, enforce the laws, and adjudicate violations. And this didn't come about by accident. Woodrow Wilson specifically advocated for government by "expert" administrators who would, for some reason, not be subject to normal human self-interest if they were protected from politics. And it's only going to get worse.

On 8/28/2021 at 12:03 PM, Photoguy67 said:

Can someone give me an example of gun violence? I know what violence with a gun is. Someone can be violent with a gun, but gun violence is implying the gun acting on it's own and that I have never seen or heard of. 

Ask and you shall receive 😉

borderlands3-gun.gif.98c6e9a506960c20bfea9f15ca471c1f.gif

I'm guessing In her mind, this is what the streets of Chicago look like

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
54 minutes ago, Erich said:

I'm guessing In her mind, this is what the streets of Chicago look like

That's a pretty accurate picture of what the streets of Chicago look like in MY mind, too. Although there would be piles of bleeding bodies. 

I visited Chicago many years ago and the hotel I stayed in, a Holiday Inn had barbed wire topping the fence around the parking lot. I have no desire for a return visit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Darrell said:

That's a pretty accurate picture of what the streets of Chicago look like in MY mind, too. Although there would be piles of bleeding bodies. 

I visited Chicago many years ago and the hotel I stayed in, a Holiday Inn had barbed wire topping the fence around the parking lot. I have no desire for a return visit.

That is sad. It reminds me of when I sent to New Orleans in a lot of ways.

I think some pictures around the large number of weekly deaths attribute them to gangs illegally possessed guns versus .gov false narratives around the target demographic of this study and related laws. But that is probably my "privilege" making me confused about their facts showing the real problem in America are the whack job presumed racists blasting away at the range with their evil back rifle. Sure .gov avoids every talking about the Chi town example in these discussions, but they know they can only effect the law abiding.

And here you see the brilliance of this.......

The HUGE benefit of disarming that horrible group of law abiding citizens thru any fabricated means is key to helping accomplish the re-distrubtion of wealth they are promising these poor souls forced into crime on the streets, wherever that is. Its easier to take wealth when you dont have to worry about some one shooting back perhaps.

You know, they should just cut out the middleman. Have gangs put up wealth redistribution drop boxes all over the city. That way you folks that visit can deposit your cash, jewelry, and legally owned guns you dont want for these poor oppressed folks. In return they agree to stop shooting one another and .gov stops twisting facts. OK, I see it....the first part would work....not the second. 🙂

• Haha 2
  • 2 months later...

Yet another purposeful vehicle attack yesterday.

Suicide by car exhaust is still happening. 

Not to mention all the Vehicle deaths in general.

Not sure the CDC is pushing Car Violence like they are gun Violence. 

Perhaps once the guns are gone they move on to cars?

What's after cars?