Biden bans imported ammo.

2 minutes ago, Moped said:

They'll get around it, by re-head stamping it and selling it to a middle man, who in turn will sell here. Look for it start coming from some place like Turkey or Finland or someplace like that.

Not.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Moped said:

They'll get around it, by re-head stamping it and selling it to a middle man, who in turn will sell here. Look for it start coming from some place like Turkey or Finland or someplace like that.

The Chinese ammo never came back.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, TennesseeCamper said:

I am surprised to see that Chinese made shotguns are being imported. 

I have one.  NEF Pardner Pump.  Bought it brand new from Gander Mountain 10 years ago.  Very nice walnut stock and is as good as any 870 made since.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, gregintenn said:

The Chinese ammo never came back.

Can't believe it's not happening now.  There's a ton of money to be made.  All they have to do is find a middle man, in a allied country, to either buy it and resell it here, or sell them the components and let them manufacture it, them sell it.  Could even run the factory for them. 

The market will adjust over time. Steel cased was over priced in market already. I'm set for ammo for the foreseeable future but I did pay higher than I liked for most of my 7.62x39. i have 3k of Russian steel case and 1.5k of Norma tactical brass. If the brass is only .15 more than the steel case I'd buy the brass.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Moped said:

Can't believe it's not happening now.  There's a ton of money to be made.  All they have to do is find a middle man, in a allied country, to either buy it and resell it here, or sell them the components and let them manufacture it, them sell it.  Could even run the factory for them. 

Depending on how the actual ban is worded, that can be more difficult than it sounds.  For example, the original ban on Russian/Soviet made milsurps  forbade any country from selling these into the US unless they had been in that country's possession for a minumum of 5 years.  Even then certain types of firearms got a permanent ban from importation from anywhere.  Storing large quantities of ammunition can be cost prohibitive, especially when these calibers often sell quickly in other parts of the world for cash, no questions asked.  The Russian ammo manufacturers won't suffer in the slightest, they will simply market their wares to areas where bans and other pesky intrusions don't effect them, there are many cash and carry markets available for both CommBlock and NATO calibers worldwide.  In any case, the actual ban is for renewal of import licenses and won't take effect for a year or more, much can happen in the ensuing interval ...

• Like 3