Lawn sprinkler / irrigation installer near Crossville?

Darrell

I'm getting tired (tarred?) of moving sprinklers around my lawn. I'm interested in finding a sprinkler installer in the Crossville area (I live in the sticks of Crab Orchard) but my internet searches don't turn up much nearer than Knoxville. That's be fine if I can get someone to come all the way out here, but I wonder if any of our knowledgeable and helpful members know of a reliable installer nearby.  Gracias!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

He wound up doing it himself. 

It's not hard.  If you can follow basic directions, run a trencher (or operate a sharpshooter shovel) and do basic plumbing no more complex than gluing and screwing fittings together, you can install sprinklers, especially the types used in the typical suburban yard.  I've put several together, albeit on large athletic fields, some of which involved running new water mains, installing multiple valves, timers and sensors, as well as large pressure pumps to operate high pressure systems.  Doing a yard might be somewhat labor intensive, depending on how well-equipped one is, but most of the stuff you can beg, borrow, rent or steal to get the job done ...

Edited by No_0ne
  • Like 2
  • Admin Team
2 minutes ago, No_0ne said:

It's not hard.  If you can follow basic directions, run a trencher (or operate a sharpshooter shovel) and do basic plumbing no more complex than gluing and screwing fittings together, you can install sprinklers, especially the types used in the typical suburban yard.  I've put several together, albeit on large athletic fields, some of which involved running new water mains, installing multiple valves, timers and sensors, as well as large pressure pumps to operate high pressure systems.  Doing a yard might be somewhat labor intensive, depending on how well-equipped one is, but most of the stuff you can beg, borrow, rent or steal to get the job done ...

Most of the manufacturers have good, free planning tools, too.

You can do the design on a great system and then install it in whole or in parts.  

• Like 1

I know little about it, and I have no time to do one myself.

We’re so short at my work, I’ve been working 13 out of every 14 days 12 hours a day.

I did hear you want to get a rain sensor, and the system that can be winterized. Not sure if that’s just a push button deal on a higher end programmable setup or what.

2 hours ago, No_0ne said:

It's not hard.  If you can follow basic directions, run a trencher (or operate a sharpshooter shovel) and do basic plumbing no more complex than gluing and screwing fittings together, you can install sprinklers,

I've considered doing it myself, and I wish I HAD done it a year and a half ago before putting the lawn it. House was new construction then and it would have been a lot easier. But if it comes to do it myself or too expensive then I'll probably stick with sprinklers. 

I told my wife we should just have the whole lawn area paved, but she didn't care for the idea for some reason.

I've got a neighbor that uses one of these and I am really impressed by the coverage he gets with it. 

sprinkler.png

https://www.lrnelson.com/products/sprinklers/traveling-sprinklers/rain-train-cast-iron/

As for myself, I finally figured out that if you water your lawn the grass will grow, then you have to mow so..................................... whistle.gif

If you decide to go with a system, Home Depot rents out trenchers.

https://www.compactpowerrents.com/rental-equipment/trencher/

• Haha 1