New Gun!

bobsguns

Picked up a Henry lever action Sat. .22LR caliber (so I can afford to shoot it), octagon barrel, wood stock, blued steel. But what got me cranked up was it came with a threaded bbl in addition to the octagon shape! I had not seen this combo before then. 

With rare exceptions, I lust after every octagon barrel rifle I finger bang. Doesn't matter the caliber, they just make my heart rate go way, way up. 

Sadly, it has the usual buckhorn rear sight, which means that won't work for me as the sight picture is inconsistent. So I also picked up some gently used scopes while I was there. I got two Nikons & one Redfield for $250 OTD! Now the only excuse for bad shots will be.............................. me.  😝

Henry still does their lifetime warranty too. Also still made in the USA, which I like.

• Like 7
9 hours ago, kwe45919 said:

Sounds like you went on a .22 cal spree as of late....

Ehhh, kinda sorta.

So far this year I've bought a S&W Model 19C (.357mag), the Henry & a Beretta M9-22. 

As long as ammo is crazy high, .22 is all I can afford to shoot these days. I used to do USPSA & 3 Gun matches quite often but who can afford that these days? 

12 hours ago, Grunt67 said:

Henrys' warranty & service are top notch.

Enjoy.

Hopefully I'll never have to experience their warranty nor service! LOL!

I plan on using my can on it to make a quieter squirrel killer. Gotta get some rings first on it for the scope though. I don't do buckhorn sights well.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, bobsguns said:

Hopefully I'll never have to experience their warranty nor service! LOL!

I plan on using my can on it to make a quieter squirrel killer. Gotta get some rings first on it for the scope though. I don't do buckhorn sights well.

My eyes don't like open sights either. I put a 2x7 scope on mine. Works for me.

• 1 month later...

Congrats on the new Henry, you won't be disappointed.

I own 3 the Henrys, and I Totally get the octagon thingy.

I have three percussion BP rifles, an old single shot 22, and a handful of lever actions all with octagon barrels.

RP

Edited by Sidinman
On 9/5/2021 at 7:13 PM, bobsguns said:

Picked up a Henry lever action Sat. .22LR caliber (so I can afford to shoot it), octagon barrel, wood stock, blued steel. But what got me cranked up was it came with a threaded bbl in addition to the octagon shape! I had not seen this combo before then. 

With rare exceptions, I lust after every octagon barrel rifle I finger bang. Doesn't matter the caliber, they just make my heart rate go way, way up. 

Sadly, it has the usual buckhorn rear sight, which means that won't work for me as the sight picture is inconsistent. So I also picked up some gently used scopes while I was there. I got two Nikons & one Redfield for $250 OTD! Now the only excuse for bad shots will be.............................. me.  😝

Henry still does their lifetime warranty too. Also still made in the USA, which I like.

Good choice. Henry don't make bad stuff.

Made In America or Not Made At All.

41 minutes ago, Grunt67 said:

Made In America or Not Made At All.

Well, to a point. 

Beretta, Steyr, Walther, FN, etc all now have factories in the US. Ditto for Honda, Nissan, Toyota, VW & BMW. As much as I hate saying it, we do now have a global economy, IMO. 

At my age I've gone exclusively with quality over where it's made. Must explain why I don't own a single Ruger in 125 guns I own.    😝

1 minute ago, bobsguns said:

Well, to a point. 

Beretta, Steyr, Walther, FN, etc all now have factories in the US. Ditto for Honda, Nissan, Toyota, VW & BMW. As much as I hate saying it, we do now have a global economy, IMO. 

At my age I've gone exclusively with quality over where it's made. Must explain why I don't own a single Ruger in 125 guns I own.    😝

My post is Henry's motto. They have 2 plants, both in USA.

Congrats on the new Henry I also own several including the oct barrel 22 I have 2 of them. Those are accompanied by a 357 single shot there 22 pump a 38-55 sidegate and a 41 mag.  I like the Henry 22 alot and can still shoot the irons which I feel lucky to be able to do. I also own numerous BP rifles with big oct barrels. Now whats wrong with Rugers?

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, bobsguns said:

Well, to a point. 

I'll bite, what's up about Ruger? I know it's not quite the same since Bill died.

I don't own any of their rifles anymore, not that I wouldn't.

But I do own several of their revolvers.

RP

I own three Rugers and have found them to be a great value. Wasn't fond of Bill Ruger's politics and some of the other stupider things they use to do, but I think they've finally gotten beyond all that and make very good pistols and rifles at a very good price point.

14 hours ago, BigAl52 said:

Now whats wrong with Rugers?

Triggers, accuracy, looks, balance, resale value, etc.

Oh, did you forget about Bill Ruger, Sr saying citizens don't need more than 10rds? Or that he REFUSED to sell hi-cap mags direct to citizens? That's the kind of company owner you're defending?   🤔

Ive got some blackhawks and a 10/22 target version which has an excellent trigger. I dont favor his political views. But I bet there is alot of things we buy we dont know the political direction of the parent company. I try not to support most of that

3 minutes ago, Whisper said:

Bill Ruger's been dead for almost 20 years, so his political views aren't really a serious concern.  

Though, like many dead people, he's probably a Biden voter.  😄

Yes sir I understand that I was merely commenting on what bobsguns had replied with. 

6 minutes ago, Whisper said:

Bill Ruger's been dead for almost 20 years, so his political views aren't really a serious concern.  

Some people will threaten you over those kind of jokes. For whatever it's worth, F^*k Bill Ruger.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Whisper said:

I disagree.

When the owner of a gun making company trashes both the Constitution as well as the gun buying public, *I* see that as a "serious concern". YMMV.