Letter to Gov. Lee re BATFE and 2nd Amendment Rights from Rep. Clay Doggett

You can look on the list of signatures affixed, and if your hired help from the General Assembly is not there, you know not to vote for them next time.

Clay Doggett is a Champion for our Rights and is not a publicity seeker, he is just doing his job.  I am so proud to call him my friend.

https://tennesseestar.com/2021/09/08/43-members-of-tennessee-general-assembly-request-the-governor-and-attorney-general-to-oppose-new-atf-rules/

1 hour ago, Worriedman said:

There is a huge difference in Terry Lynn Weaver and Susan Lynn, which is your legislator?

What about Michele Carringer?  I noticed she didn't sign.  I plan to contact her, but would like to know how she has voted in the past.

Susan, she did not sign, going to fix the above post. I did send an email asking why, no answer yet.

1 hour ago, Worriedman said:

There is a huge difference in Terry Lynn Weaver and Susan Lynn, which is your legislator?

I am shocked. My rep doesn't know what the ATFE is! Seriously, after our Christmas bombing in Nashville, who in the US of A does not know what ATF is? I am going to have a serious talk with his man. He did inform me that he didn't know wha letter I was speaking of so maybe not everyone was party to it.

TO Charlie Buam's credit, he did say he would probably support it. He has been pro gun so far.

Edited by papa61

Both mine ducked this one. My Email to both.....

To the Honorable Rep C. Sexton.

It is with deep regret that I did not see your name on Rep Clay Dogget's letter of 2nd A abuses by the Feds to our Govenor. I moved my Family here from upstate NY 7 years ago hoping the Republicans here in Tennessee say what they mean and mean what they say. This letter clearly stipulates the conditions of federal abuses that are now being contemplated on top of an over regulated bureaucracy that should have been reeled in as President Ronald Reagan did by slashing their funding due to 2nd Amendment civil abuses. 

Being in Crossville my self, Please feel free to stop by and chat about your reasoning in defending the course the BATFE is set on.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Moped said:

What about Michele Carringer?  I noticed she didn't sign.  I plan to contact her, but would like to know how she has voted in the past.

I have never spoken to her, so it leads me to think she is not a supporter.  If she were, her name would have been on the letter.  Something tells me Knoxville does not have a lot of 2nd Amendment supporters in elected positions...

• Angry 2
On 9/9/2021 at 2:25 PM, papa61 said:

I am shocked. My rep doesn't know what the ATFE is! Seriously, after our Christmas bombing in Nashville, who in the US of A does not know what ATF is? I am going to have a serious talk with his man. He did inform me that he didn't know wha letter I was speaking of so maybe not everyone was party to it.

TO Charlie Buam's credit, he did say he would probably support it. He has been pro gun so far.

Every Legislator had an opportunity to sign on, ever single one!

• Like 2
On 9/9/2021 at 8:43 PM, xtriggerman said:

Both mine ducked this one. My Email to both.....

To the Honorable Rep C. Sexton.

It is with deep regret that I did not see your name on Rep Clay Dogget's letter of 2nd A abuses by the Feds to our Govenor. I moved my Family here from upstate NY 7 years ago hoping the Republicans here in Tennessee say what they mean and mean what they say. This letter clearly stipulates the conditions of federal abuses that are now being contemplated on top of an over regulated bureaucracy that should have been reeled in as President Ronald Reagan did by slashing their funding due to 2nd Amendment civil abuses. 

Being in Crossville my self, Please feel free to stop by and chat about your reasoning in defending the course the BATFE is set on.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

The answer from the Speaker.....

Thank you for the email.  Simply sending a letter to Governor asking him to do something isn’t action or a solution in my opinion.  It’s passing the buck.  We will go back in session in January and legislators can actually file legislation that is meaningful and has more authority than a letter.

I will put my second amendment voting record up against anyone anytime.  I appreciate you reaching out to me.

Sincerely
Cameron

January?  I gotta get a job like that!  4 months to think about what they should or shouldn't do. Yah gotta love politics....... LOL

Edited by xtriggerman
On 9/9/2021 at 11:07 PM, The Legion said:

Paul Rose is in my district and he has signed.

Paul Rose is showing metal as a legislator.  In my opinion one of the few Senators that actually get it.  I know him personally, worked for his firm for a year, he is an honest, caring man that wants to do the Constitutional thing.  He helped with Civil Immunity in committee last year.

Edited by Worriedman
  • Like 1