Flag Pole Recommendations Wanted

tacops

Recent posts have rekindled my interest in setting a flag pole on my property.  I have looked at a bunch on line but would like to hear from those that have already been down this path so that maybe I can do it right the first time.  I would probably need a 25 footer since I have a 2-story house with a 12/12 pitch roof and plan to set it kind of near the house.  I get a pretty good wind through my valley so it would need to be able to handle that.  Any knowledge or experience shared would be much appreciated. 

• Like 1

I can highly recommend this.  Not cheap, but has held up through a lot of high winds.

https://www.american-flag-superstore.com/25-Foot-Commercial-Budget-Series-Flagpole-25bsfp.htm?categoryId=-1

I had to double check the price.  Just two years ago I paid $440.  I expected a bit higher, but not twice the price.  No idea of they will come down, but I wanted something that I was pretty confident I wouldn't have to replace in a few years and it's made in the USA.  Wall thickness is what I would make sure is good.   

spacer.png

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 4

The price doesn't scare me off but I should have done this two years ago🙂  Yours looks great and American Made is a must for me considering what the pole is for.  Did this come in sections ?

Edited by tacops

Yes, it is 3 or 4 sections.  Much cheaper shipping that way (free) and it fits together very well. 

I also put this on top as it's easier to do to start with 🙂 .  It has held up well so far.  I never trust solar lights to last long, but have been pleasantly surprised (it will now probably go out tonight).  Puts out quite a bit of light. 

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08KYK9N5D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 1

As Hozzie said, wall thickness is key. I bought one from Lowes, 20'. had to replace it several times. Will not stand winds more than 30 mph +-. The 3X5 flag catches too much wind, snaps it right off.Haven't checked the wall thickness on this one, but it's thinner than reg. electrical conduit.

I appreciate all flying our flag. Thanks.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, tacops said:

Recent posts have rekindled my interest in setting a flag pole on my property.  I have looked at a bunch on line but would like to hear from those that have already been down this path so that maybe I can do it right the first time.  I would probably need a 25 footer since I have a 2-story house with a 12/12 pitch roof and plan to set it kind of near the house.  I get a pretty good wind through my valley so it would need to be able to handle that.  Any knowledge or experience shared would be much appreciated. 

Go to the Benefactor section and see my installation of the 15' Telescoping Flag Pole. I tried to post some pictures here but it won't allow me for some reason. The FLAGPOLE COMPANY is were I purchased it from, they have all sizes and have been great to deal with, mines under the Residential Flagpoles Telescoping Best they offer the 15', 20', and 25'. I chose this style because it was easier to put up for me, I did it myself in about two days, one for digging the hole and setting the pole sleeve and concrete. Took me about  3hrs to dig the hole and set the sleeve for the Flagpole, then put the Flagpole up the next afternoon. Check them out they have a good selection. Post some pictures once you decide on what you get.

Edited by DJTC45
  • Like 1