Fedex will only ship firearms if you have an account and jump hoops.

Dirtshooter

Firearms
Only customers holding a Federal Firearms License (FFL) and federal, state, or local government agencies may ship firearms with FedEx. Customers holding an FFL must enter into an approved FedEx Firearms Shipping Compliance Agreement before shipping any firearms with FedEx. For more information, contact your FedEx account executive. On behalf of customers holding an FFL who enter into an approved FedEx Firearms Shipping Compliance Agreement and federal, state, or local government agencies, FedEx Express will transport and deliver firearms, antique firearms, and replica firearms, all as defined by the United States Gun Control Act of 1968, as well as muzzleloaders and black powder firearms (collectively “firearms”). Shipments containing firearms must be sent with the Adult Signature Required Delivery Signature Option. FedEx Express will transport ammunition when packed and labeled in compliance with local, state and federal law, and the Dangerous Goods section of this Service Guide. Ammunition is an explosive and must be shipped separately as dangerous goods. You agree not to ship loaded firearms or firearms with ammunition in the same package.
  • Like 1

I have shipped a lot of handguns out of FedEx over the years.  The latest one was back in July.  The girl working the FexEx counter knows me pretty well and figures I'm there to ship a handgun.  When I go to the FedEx counter I declare I am shipping a handgun.  I always have a copy of the FFL papers were I am shipping the handgun.  I have the form filled out which you can get from FedEx which has my information and the information were I am shipping the package.  I always ship my handguns in a FedEx box which you can get for free.  All handguns must be shipped over night which does cost a few pennies.  I do not have an account with FedEx, but they have asked if I want to set one up.  For me it has been a very easy process.

Not quite sure how this policy "ensures the safety of their employees and the general public". Nor have any laws changed in regards to shipping firearms, something they've no doubt conjured up out of thin air. 

Sounds like their HR dept is running their company rather than vice versa. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, bobsguns said:

Sounds like their HR dept is running their company rather than vice versa. 

I doubt that their HR department has anything to do with it.  However, I will bet dollars to donuts that someone in the current administration has had some conversations with the High Muckety Mucks at FedEx about staying on the administration's good side.  "Nice little shipping company you have here; be a shame if something happened to it...."  A little federal legislation can have some major effects on the profitability of industries.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Whisper said:

I doubt that their HR department has anything to do with it.  However, I will bet dollars to donuts that someone in the current administration has had some conversations with the High Muckety Mucks at FedEx about staying on the administration's good side.  "Nice little shipping company you have here; be a shame if something happened to it...."  A little federal legislation can have some major effects on the profitability of industries.

I doubt a conversation was needed. FedEx fought tooth & nail when TN passed the "guns in trunks" law allowing employees to have their carry guns in their cars while at work. They spent I don't know how many thousands of dollars fighting it.

They also have a HUGE theft rate at their main hub in Memphis. Recently an entire truck full of firearms was driven off of from the hub., As far as I know, it has not been recovered nor the thieves caught. Welcome to Memphis.

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

Do you have an actual source for this? I didn't see it on their website and there is an obvious typo in the first line.  It should say, "will prohibit". This wouldn't be the first time I've seen fake news around these topics.

https://www.fedex.com/en-us/shipping/how-to-ship-firearms.html

image.png.00e926e506b057983218198d2137569a.png

https://www.fedex.com/content/dam/fedex/us-united-states/services/Service_Guide_2021.pdf

Page 126 of this PDF. 

As much as I love to watch many on here circle hump a shoe I had the time this morning to call the "DG" dept of Fedex and spoke with a gentleman named Detrick or Dertrick, not sure which. He said as of THIS VERY MORNING there is no policy change coming up on 9-20-21.  After reading off the posted "statement" above he said much of that is ALREADY current policy with exception to FedEx Express.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, FUJIMO said:

As much as I love to watch many on here circle hump a shoe I had the time this morning to call the "DG" dept of Fedex and spoke with a gentleman named Detrick or Dertrick, not sure which. He said as of THIS VERY MORNING there is no policy change coming up on 9-20-21.  After reading off the posted "statement" above he said much of that is ALREADY current policy with exception to FedEx Express.

What a novel idea. Calling to get the word from the horse’s mouth. 

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

I just left FedEx where I ship all of my handguns that I sell out of state.  I let the clerk read the information that is on this post.  As far as she knows there have not been any policy changes in shipping of firearms.  As long as you ship to a valid FFL it is OK.  She said that she normally gets emails or information on any changes on shipping, but has has not received any information on the September 20 change.  She also checked in her system to see if she could find any information.  She could not find any information in her FedEx system on this change.  I’m gonna keep checking on this and if I get any other further information I’ll let you know. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, The Legion said:

I just left FedEx where I ship all of my handguns that I sell out of state.  I let the clerk read the information that is on this post.  As far as she knows there have not been any policy changes in shipping of firearms.  As long as you ship to a valid FFL it is OK.  She said that she normally gets emails or information on any changes on shipping, but has has not received any information on the September 20 change.  She also checked in her system to see if she could find any information.  She could not find any information in her FedEx system on this change.  I’m gonna keep checking on this and if I get any other further information I’ll let you know. 

But, it was on the internet.  That means it has to be true, doesn't it ...

• Haha 3