A Bit of Good News, Chipman Nomination Withdrawn

This has been an important line in the sand, and there are a number of RKBA groups, including the Firearms Policy Coalition and the Second Amendment Foundation, that have been fighting hard against Chipman, who is the poster boy for jack-booted federal thuggery.  Withdrawal of his nomination is a major victory for the cause of freedom, and thus we should look for it to be largely ignored in the mainstream news media.  And yes, the administration will certainly nominate another authoritarian gun-grabber for the post, but he or she won't be as bad as Chipman...simply because there probably aren't any others that bad. 

The enemies of freedom intended this nomination as a major blow against gun owners, and that blow has been successfully blocked.  We should take a moment to savor that fact, even though we know more attempts are coming.

Cheers,

Whisper

• Like 7

Definitely welcome great news and happy to see it. Have to agree having showed their hand and known goals, the next one will be liked minded. But they have learned their lesson in a choice that was overtly anti-gun with a well documented history of *****.   I trust they are deep in foaming at the mouth gun haters, so the danger will getting one whose background is far to subtle to make their level of bias and disregard for constitutional rights as obvious and as easy to prove.

I'll take the victory, And double down on mole repellent.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Erich said:

Definitely welcome great news and happy to see it. Have to agree having showed their hand and known goals, the next one will be liked minded. But they have learned their lesson in a choice that was overtly anti-gun with a well documented history of *****.   I trust they are deep in foaming at the mouth gun haters, so the danger will getting one whose background is far to subtle to make their level of bias and disregard for constitutional rights as obvious and as easy to prove.

I'll take the victory, And double down on mole repellent.

I completely agree. The next guy will be a rabid anti-gunner who has had enough sense to keep his mouth shut and out of the public spotlight.  That will make him 10 times more dangerous. 🤬

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Erich said:

Almost anyone nominated to be an agency head has a track record for acts, speeches, emails, memos and so forth. They don't come in completely bland, IOW. 

I'm not sure Chipman was a true nominee or if he was sent to be trash nominee so they could then slip in a less militant one in order to say, "See, this one isn't so bad"? There's no doubt at all Chipman is a lying, weaseling little punk. Anyone who posed for pics at Waco, over the bodies of women & children, isn't right in the head, IMO. 

Sadly, I feel the ATF is much like the FBI these days. Too far corrupted by political activists to be able to properly do their job. Both agencies would benefit from a mass retiring of their top 5-6 levels of management, IMO. We may never again see both competence and political neutrality again from either agency. Both sad & infuriating. 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, bobsguns said:

Almost anyone nominated to be an agency head has a track record for acts, speeches, emails, memos and so forth. They don't come in completely bland, IOW. 

I'm not sure Chipman was a true nominee or if he was sent to be trash nominee so they could then slip in a less militant one in order to say, "See, this one isn't so bad"? There's no doubt at all Chipman is a lying, weaseling little punk. Anyone who posed for pics at Waco, over the bodies of women & children, isn't right in the head, IMO. 

Sadly, I feel the ATF is much like the FBI these days. Too far corrupted by political activists to be able to properly do their job. Both agencies would benefit from a mass retiring of their top 5-6 levels of management, IMO. We may never again see both competence and political neutrality again from either agency. Both sad & infuriating. 

Thanks bobsguns. (what he said) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

political gamesmanship. you won't approve that, how about this?