Tick balls

Swamp ash

16 hours ago, gregintenn said:

There is some chit I get, about once a year, that I haven鈥檛 figured out what it is. It happens roughly this time of the year, and doesn鈥檛 happen again for 365 days, give or take. Dozens of itchy bumps show up. After a day or two, the bumps develop a small blister on top. Once that blister is scratched off, that particular bump quits itching and goes away.

This is different from the usual ticks, chiggers, poison ivy/oak. If anybody knows what causes this, I鈥檇 sure love to know.

Fire ants

• Like 1
On 9/11/2021 at 9:02 AM, E4 No More said:

Fire ants

They are the ones that build mounds and put the eggs at the top of the mound for the warmth. I step on the mounds to crush the eggs and then dump fire ant killer granules on the mound so they take it to the queen. In southern California the fire ants are much bigger, and their bite lives up to their name. I took particular pleasure of taking carb cleaner and a lighter to them as they charged out of their hole to attack the intruder. They experienced death by napalm.

On another note, my exterminator told me that the reason fire ants are hard to kill is because they have multiple queens who travel underground to start new colonies.

Edited by E4 No More

Had the trifecta a couple years ago.... tick balls, chigger ankles and poison ivy arms all at once. About as miserable as i could be. Then i made the mistake of over using topical ointments that irritated my skin. Had to go to the doctor and cry uncle on that one 馃槱

I was in the weeds and woods behind my house yesterday checking a fence. I wore chest waders. I ain鈥檛 playing no more lol聽

• Haha 1
21 hours ago, gregintenn said:

There is some chit I get, about once a year, that I haven鈥檛 figured out what it is. It happens roughly this time of the year, and doesn鈥檛 happen again for 365 days, give or take. Dozens of itchy bumps show up. After a day or two, the bumps develop a small blister on top. Once that blister is scratched off, that particular bump quits itching and goes away.

This is different from the usual ticks, chiggers, poison ivy/oak. If anybody knows what causes this, I鈥檇 sure love to know.

I鈥檝e had the little blisters too. I always figured ants but never caught them in the act

• Like 1
4 hours ago, E4 No More said:

They are the ones that build mounds and put the eggs at the top of the mound for the warmth. I step on the mounds to crush the eggs and then dump fire ant killer granules on the mound so they take it to the queen. In southern California the fire ants are much bigger, and their bite wives up to their name. I took particular pleasure of taking carb cleaner and a lighter to them as they charged out of their hole to attack the intruder. They experienced death by napalm.

On another note, my exterminator told me that the reason fire ants are hard to kill is because they have multiple queens who travel underground to start new colonies.

I have seen a new kind of super scary ant around my house. Very large, bright red and black stripes. Killed one the other day in the garage. Looks聽like it could do some damage if it bites聽

• Wow 1
1 hour ago, Wingshooter said:

I have seen a new kind of super scary ant around my house. Very large, bright red and black stripes. Killed one the other day in the garage. Looks聽like it could do some damage if it bites聽

I see one of them on rare occasions. Some mean looking dudes. Stomp every one I see.

2 hours ago, Wingshooter said:

Yep, velvet ants are a type of wingless wasp. They kill other wasps which is good, just don't step on one barefoot.聽

• Like 1