Just a thought on ammo and reloading supplies

I have read that primers and such are being used in production of loaded ammo.  The ammo production companies can’t make fast enough to support demand.  So we (reloaders) are on the short end of the stick.  So if one didn’t stock up it is unfortunate, hopefully it will past

• Like 1

I think the issue of supply and demand is a factor.  Right now it is demand.  Until the demand side is satisfied reloading  components will remain hard to find.  Loaded ammo is coming back.  So hopefully, the reloading components will not be far behind.  
If one was not ready for this shortage so be it, a lesson learned.  As far as profits are concerned, yeah they will make as much as they can.  It’s the American way.     

• Like 1

There was a good article in American Rifleman mag,  not long ago, interviewing Remington. They said they will be full tilt. Of course this won't happen overnight,  but sounded better.

That said, I don't use Rem. primers. I use CCI exclusively. Just personal choice.

Expect prices to be higher than before.

My 2 cents worth.

• Like 1

Stopped in to Academy in Smyrna Monday and there was ammo on the shelf. Mostly Federal which is my preferred brand. 45, 9mm including HST and Punch, 30-30 and several others. No 32ACP and no 300 BO, and no 357 mag. 32 and 357 being the two I need to build stock in and do not reload. they also had a few reloading components, No primers by the time I got there but they may have had them earlier. They didn't carry powder before so that was not there. I am only set up to reload 30-30 and .45ACP so I have to rely on what is on the shelf for other calibers. That there is anything on the shelf is encouraging in itself, like someone else said, after the loaded ammo is caught up, the components will come back. I am all but out of LRP myself and have less than half a box of bullets so I won't be shooting that but I have 45 and a lot of shotshells so I can still shoot. Good luck finding what you need as it is still hit and miss.(no pun intended). right place at the right time is all you can hope for now.

I saw a reader board this morning at a local gun / pawn shop saying "Small Rifle Primers In Stock", so of course I had to stop and check it out. $125 / thousand. They still had as many when I left as when I walked in. I was thinking a retailer would probably be a little closer to what I consider "reasonable". Think again.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
4 hours ago, Quavodus said:

A friend ordered some 9mm ammo from Midway a few days ago and got them in 4 days. He said, they ain't cheap but, quick delivery.

Mine took 10 business days with Midsouth,  but they've been slammed by Covid. Normally,  they're quick.

• Like 1