Vote on new TN tag design

TripleGGG

Well, I voted for the Navy Tristar Vintage, thought it looked best. Doesn't really matter to me, I use a Retired Army plate .

I'll be getting a new one of those next year too. Wish I could keep my same #.

Edited by Grunt67
  • Like 1

1 for Tristar-Modern.

The Vintage to me is too busy. It would be fine with either the state outline or the "The Volunteer State" text, but together it's too much in too small a space. I like the little bit of red with the border on the modern too.

Both blues look OK, but the whites look too much like US Gooberment plates to me.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, OldIronFan said:

Crap choices. 

And has anyone ever gone to a website listed on a license plate? Can't we just remove the TNVACATION URL....

I agree, we don't need to promote people vacationing here.  The woo girl epidemic is crippling Lower Broadway in Nashville clogging up the road with all types of pedal taverns and tractors hauling obnoxious drunks who are having so much fun that they decide to move here, drive the housing prices sky high, and then complain about how we don't do things the way that they did them back in Connecticut.  

Tennessee is a horrible place.  Hot in the summer, cold in the winter, with a very short spring and fall.  The level of humidity is such that we have forgotten what it really means to truly dry off.  We're infested with alligators, rattlesnakes, chiggers, ticks, and mosquitos that are difficult to distinguish from hummingbirds.  Our roads are treacherous, curvy, and poorly maintained. All of the natives are hillbillies who will do their best to drive you back to wherever you came from.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 6
  • Wow 1
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, OldIronFan said:

Can't we just remove the TNVACATION URL....

Nope. At the bottom of the page with the choices.......

TCA § 55-4-103 Design Requirements :

Tennessee statute requires the display of “Tennessee,” “Volunteer State” and “TNvacation.com” on the plate, as well as county name and expiration year decal locations. Statute provides that Tennesseans may select an “In God We Trust” plate option.

3 hours ago, 10-Ring said:

I agree, we don't need to promote people vacationing here.  The woo girl epidemic is crippling Lower Broadway in Nashville clogging up the road with all types of pedal taverns and tractors hauling obnoxious drunks who are having so much fun that they decide to move here, drive the housing prices sky high, and then complain about how we don't do things the way that they did them back in Connecticut.  

Tennessee is a horrible place.  Hot in the summer, cold in the winter, with a very short spring and fall.  The level of humidity is such that we have forgotten what it really means to truly dry off.  We're infested with alligators, rattlesnakes, chiggers, ticks, and mosquitos that are difficult to distinguish from hummingbirds.  Our roads are treacherous, curvy, and poorly maintained. All of the natives are hillbillies who will do their best to drive you back to wherever you came from.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

You have my vote for tourism director sir 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, OldIronFan said:

Crap choices. 

And has anyone ever gone to a website listed on a license plate? Can't we just remove the TNVACATION URL....

This.

Also, the ACLU will file a lawsuit about using the word God in 5.......... 4.................. 3..............

The blue ones feel like a political campaign sign. Maybe its me, seems very reminiscent of someone's '20 election sign, no?  And a vote also reminding me I wouldn't pick any, and going with least worst option.

I like the idea of the watermark, but in different colors. The blue one is kinda close to Montana's in some ways. I like the look of Wyoming's. Come one, its got a cowboy on it. Cant we have something cool. Like the volunteer dude with his AR musket?

On the loose stylized state outline, I am not getting that choice. Not just because other states have them and are accurate. To me it sends the message that our education system doesnt include geography or we found this on a 5 year old's twitter. Maybe its the counter to the vacation advertising to be interprested as: Hey....you dont want to come here...too many uneducated hill peeps...and we even let them run DMV.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, xsubsailor said:

Nope. At the bottom of the page with the choices.......

TCA § 55-4-103 Design Requirements :

Tennessee statute requires the display of “Tennessee,” “Volunteer State” and “TNvacation.com” on the plate, as well as county name and expiration year decal locations. Statute provides that Tennesseans may select an “In God We Trust” plate option.

LOL! You get the distinction of paying a fee to advertise for the tourism bureau.  Isn’t that awesome?

• Like 2

I choose none of the above.  

Kinda like the vintage ones but that website reference is completely obnoxious, its text should not be bigger than the state’s nickname.  

The one we have now is fine.  Since others have decided that is no longer good enough I’ll take whatever they issue.  It’s only a license plate.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 4

Were these designed with Microsoft Paint or Word? lol.

They all look like someone had 5 minutes to come up with 4 designs. I agree that the #4 - tristar watermark would be nice if the watermark was colored red and blue. I would vote that one if it wasn’t so monochromatic.

If I have to pick one... I guess #3 - tristar modern. It’s basically the same layout we have now but with a different background picture. Plus it’s red, white and blue. Although I think its too dark with the blue background.

Edited by Wingshooter
  • Like 2