Vote on new TN tag design

TripleGGG

3 minutes ago, Wingshooter said:

Are they still going to offer the special wildlife plates with the bear, turkey or deer?

I hope so. I’ll spend a little extra for the bear

I think this is just the new standard plate. All the special plates will still be available. 

Edited by FUJIMO
  • Like 1
18 hours ago, seez52 said:

So where do the stickers go? Aren't there usually two, one that shows the month of expiration, and another that show the year of expiration?

There haven't been 2 stickers for a few years now. It's just one with the month in large font and the year in small. Each year the color changes so the police/plate scanners know what year that month belongs in.

4 minutes ago, monkeylizard said:

There haven't been 2 stickers for a few years now. It's just one with the month in large font and the year in small. Each year the color changes so the police/plate scanners know what year that month belongs in.

Maybe in your area but every tag I have is a 2 sticker 

• Like 1

Doh....going from my faulty memory earlier. We only get one new sticker each year, but you're right that the tag has two.

The current tag has the MONTH that should never change (unless you have a big lapse then renew). The YEAR sticker gets updated each year.

I suspect the new one will be a color-coded MONTH sticker and no more YEAR sticker, or a MONTH sticker in one of the lower corners and we'll change the YEAR sticker in the upper right every year . I guess we'll see.

Edited by monkeylizard
  • 1 year later...

They need to make one with a bunch of orange road construction barrels and say "WELCOME TO TN. HOME OF THE POTHOLES AND NEVER ENDING ROAD WORK" I live up in the Whitehouse area and 65N should have been 3 lanes to the KY border a long time ago, it's become a parking lot headed that way even at 1pm in the afternoon even before the construction started.

• Moderators
On 10/5/2021 at 11:45 PM, Wingshooter said:

Sweet! I'm going bear!

Good choice.

I had Eagle plates on Motorhome and Jeep, Emergency on my truck since HAM license, Bird on my wife's truck. I hate the new tag and glad we could keep the specialized tags. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Erik88 said:

The clerk's office was kind enough to send me this new plate. I wonder if someone will confuse this for a personal plate and key our car. 😐

IMG_20221008_085139214.jpg

If you go to the clerks office and pick up the tag you can get the "IN GOD WE TRUST" tag. The numbers will be to the left of center and letters to the right of center.

4 hours ago, TripleGGG said:

Good choice.

I had Eagle plates on Motorhome and Jeep, Emergency on my truck since HAM license, Bird on my wife's truck. I hate the new tag and glad we could keep the specialized tags. 

I have a HAM license but am wary of the emergency tag as I'd be nervous of being targeted when I'm in certain areas. Would be interested to hear your experience. 

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Mike1000 said:

I have a HAM license but am wary of the emergency tag as I'd be nervous of being targeted when I'm in certain areas. Would be interested to hear your experience. 

I've never had any issues. 

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere, but there are already complaints about the new plates. It seems that the traffic cameras and license plate readers don't like the white on blue design and are having trouble reading them. I think that is a good thing. 👍

• Like 6
On 10/8/2022 at 11:38 AM, Erik88 said:

The clerk's office was kind enough to send me this new plate. I wonder if someone will confuse this for a personal plate and key our car. 😐

IMG_20221008_085139214.jpg

I am amused... my wife got BJS as hers.  She was not amused.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1