Shield Arms S15 mags??

Does anyone have experience with the S15 mags? I just picked up a Glock 48 and am considering getting a few of them. I see some reliability issues on YouTube and others say they work perfectly. 

The wife is taking my 365XL and the Glock 48 just pairs so well with my 19x. 

Id like the extra five rounds but would rather have reliability. 

2 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Stick with the OEM Glock mags. The fact that you have to even question this should be all the answer you need. 

They’d also like that you change the mag release out with a metal one. Not a huge deal but just one more thing. I wish Glock would have abandoned the plastic coating on this one and just made more room for extra rounds. That’ll probably be the 50x. 

I have some experience with these and two 48s and feel they are worthwhile.  If you are the type to get a new gun and carry it without putting a couple hundred rounds through it first, I would avoid them.  There are two generations of magazines, but I don’t think the gen 1 is available any more.  They recommend a metal mag catch, whether you use theirs or someone else’s.  I would use theirs.  The early mag catches were aluminum and don’t seem to like gen 2 mags.  My experience is that Gen 2 mags and the new steel mag catch used together are reliable and are all Shield now sells.  Call them if you have any questions—they are very helpful.  

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I have two with their mag release installed on my G48. They have run great with a couple of fails to lock the slide back.

I have put over 500 rounds thru mine.

The only problem with them is that you can not change the mag release to the right side, no mag lock slot on the right of the mags.

• 1 month later...

I have two of them for my G48. No reliability issues at all thus far (300ish rounds). I am waiting on a mag release to come in. Was back ordered around Black Friday but should be here any day. I have noticed that the OEM plastic one is getting chewed up by the metal mag, which is exactly why they recommend switching them out to the metal version. The first few times loading the mags it was REALLY tight getting the 15th round in. It’s gotten a little easier but it is still tighter than most mags I load. The first time loading the mag it was even a challenge to get the full mag inserted and seated with the slide forward. After the first 100 rounds or so that was no longer a problem. At this point I have as much confidence in them as anything else. I will eventually get a few more, maybe if they ever go on sale. They have called the G48/43x the G19 killer. I’d say these S15 mags are the nails in the coffin.

• Like 1

Bought the S15 starter kit a couple of weeks ago (1 mag with the release). Haven't had time to even open the package yet. Contemplating returning it or selling it ... but at the same time really like the idea of it.

Question: are there any issues using the Shield mag release with the Glock mags?