I want a lever action rifle.

Snaveba

I hope I didn’t just mess up. I picked up my second lever action. Rossi 1892, stainless steel, 20” barrel, 44mag. Thanks Badshot57!

I only think I might have messed up in that owning one lever action was Ok. But owning two lever actions seems like too few. 

I would post photos, but apparently I have exceeded my attachment limit of 2MB (by about 28MB). 

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

I hope I didn’t just mess up. I picked up my second lever action. Rossi 1892, stainless steel, 20” barrel, 44mag. Thanks Badshot57!

I only think I might have messed up in that owning one lever action was Ok. But owning two lever actions seems like too few. 

I would post photos, but apparently I have exceeded my attachment limit of 2MB (by about 28MB). 

If you have 2 you might as well have 6. 

• Like 1
  • Moderators
7 hours ago, Snaveba said:

Welcome to the madness. It only gets worse. 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Snaveba said:

I find that 2 is ok but 3 makes a collection for anything and then it is hard to stop. I'm currently at 4 Marlin's and a Henry trying to be good.

On 11/11/2022 at 8:34 PM, TripleGGG said:

I'm a Marlin lever guy but to be honest never seen a lever I didn't like. Rossi very nice guns. Here's my 44-40 and 357. And picture of some of mine on the wall. 

20220821_175708.jpg

img_20210104_103502.244.jpg

20221004_184932.jpg

I need to show this to the wife, she’ll think I’m okay.

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Shot the Rossi today. Accurate and fun to shoot. But man it kicks more than I thought it would. My shoulder is not the happiest after 20+ rounds. The bitt is a bit sharp with the steel cap. I definitely think I need some type of a pad on the rifle butt. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Snaveba said:

Did I mention that my shoulder hurts like a MF?

Well, it does. 

But such a fun rifle to shoot. 

Hand loading or 44 Special are your answers. A 200 grain lead bullet atop a small load of Bullseye powder will turn that kicking mule into a docile plinker.

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 1