Cold Steel Recon Tanto 7" blade

Cold Steel, Japan made Recon Tanto, length overall: 11-3/4" in. Blade 7 in., 3/16th thick. It weighs 9 oz. It has a (Kydex) sheath and Kraton rubber handle. Steel is Japanese AUS 8A. This is #540 of 600 made Lynn C. Thompson editions, the founder, owner, of Cold Steel Inc. Never been sharpened nor carried.聽

Bought this while watching the Dexter series years ago. Seemed like the right thing at the time.聽馃槅

Would make a great knife for stabbing rhinos or 55 gallon steel drums ... whichever environment you happen to be in at the time.

SOLD

IMG_5783.JPG

IMG_5785.JPG

Edited by 221 Fireball
sold
  • Like 7
  • Angry 1

I am ! 聽I have several of their folders including the large Gunsite one with tanto 聽blade.聽

聽Their dvd of their knives has a demo of slicing a large hemp rope in a quick swoop. Also the melon slice and others with your knife to demo how sharp the blades are. 聽If I didn鈥檛 have other fixed blades I鈥檇 grab this.

Glws, 聽Mike

Walt! Dude! Where the hell were you a year ago man! 馃槩

I'm a HUGE fan of Cold Steel's better stuff. I love that everyone associated them with cheap crap, whilst also turning out some of the finest quality production knives. Kinda like Bentley making the occasional pipe wrench.....

I spent far too many years looking for one of these. I finally found #342 on ebay & paid SIGNIFICANTLY more than that! Embarrassingly more, in fact.聽

Edited by Handsome Rob

All this got me to thinking...... free bumps, sorry for the Spams.....

I had a really nice Strider folder, back in England. Not common, but not really that desirable, due to the size. Sold it for 拢150 & was really happy. After reading this I figured I'd go to ebay to look for a replacement.聽

Yeah, no. $750 minimum.聽

I really get mad at myself sometimes.聽

15 hours ago, Handsome Rob said:

Walt! Dude! Where the hell were you a year ago man! 馃槩

I'm a HUGE fan of Cold Steel's better stuff. I love that everyone associated them with cheap crap, whilst also turning out some of the finest quality production knives. Kinda like Bentley making the occasional pipe wrench.....

I spent far too many years looking for one of these. I finally found #342 on ebay & paid SIGNIFICANTLY more than that! Embarrassingly more, in fact.聽

I'm surprised you're not on that Sheffield machete I posted. That was probably made in your neck of the woods.聽馃槅