Smith & Wesson moving their HQ to Tennessee!

Grayfox54

10 hours ago, tmauto769 said:

Well they are trying, but you got the older hard headed get off my lawn types, that are fighting that every step of the way. 

Boy, you nailed one of my cousins exactly with that. He opposed EVERYTHING and ANYTHING that would bring in tax dollars to a poor county. 

On 10/1/2021 at 9:47 PM, Grayfox54 said:

Granted that they probably won't sell many electric vehicles here. But they are quite popular and growing in the "Woke" States.  I believe that Ford and Tennessee will be more than happy to take their money. 😉

May be just a matter of time until creepy joe mandates them for us.

😔 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2021 at 7:20 AM, steveo50 said:

Good news overall for TN/ EAST TN, but traffic is already abysmal in Blount County. I moved from the Nashville area a few years ago and traffic, and housing supply/demand has progressively gotten worse each year. I guess the secret is out on the Knoxville area. Oh well. Hopefully they make appropriate infrastructure changes to the area to absorb the continued growth, unlike Nashville.

I have always lived in East Tn and it is absolutely amazing how much maryville has changed in the last 20 years.   It used to be such a nice quiet town.  Same can be said for where i live too, i guess its just change and not much we can do about it.  People are moving here from all over, buying houses without even seeing them in person.

1 hour ago, Gunner2k said:

I have always lived in East Tn and it is absolutely amazing how much maryville has changed in the last 20 years.   It used to be such a nice quiet town.  Same can be said for where i live too, i guess its just change and not much we can do about it.  People are moving here from all over, buying houses without even seeing them in person.

I, for one, am not a fan at all of all this.  There's nothing wrong with staying small towns and rural.   our great state is being ruined, and our politicians are doing all they can to hasten making our state like the the others.  Really sad.

• Like 4
On 10/4/2021 at 7:20 AM, steveo50 said:

Good news overall for TN/ EAST TN, but traffic is already abysmal in Blount County. I moved from the Nashville area a few years ago and traffic, and housing supply/demand has progressively gotten worse each year. I guess the secret is out on the Knoxville area. Oh well. Hopefully they make appropriate infrastructure changes to the area to absorb the continued growth, unlike Nashville.

Knoxville has been working on infrastructure for the last 25 years since I moved and I can't tell they got a lot done. lol

3 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

Knoxville has been working on infrastructure for the last 25 years since I moved and I can't tell they got a lot done. lol

Because they've stayed 5-10 years behind the curve that whole time. Its the nature of the beast. They need tax money to update the infrastructure, but they don't get the tax money until after its needed. 

10 hours ago, Gunner2k said:

I have always lived in East Tn and it is absolutely amazing how much maryville has changed in the last 20 years.   It used to be such a nice quiet town.  

Not been to Murfreesboro or Cookeville lately? Jeez, it's like they've been GIVING away houses there. 

If you guys think Knoxville is behind in infrastructure, take a drive though downtown Nashville or Chattanooga sometime. Both have only three lanes of interstate running each way through their downtown areas. Both are extremely complicated by the numerous uses of bridges, which would require replacing when the interstate adds lanes. I'd bet that'd be a 10 year project in either city. 

TN is restricted from borrowing money for road projects, which is a good thing, IMO. But it's a bit past critical & quickly advancing upon emergency, IMO. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, bobsguns said:

Not been to Murfreesboro or Cookeville lately? Jeez, it's like they've been GIVING away houses there. 

If you guys think Knoxville is behind in infrastructure, take a drive though downtown Nashville or Chattanooga sometime. Both have only three lanes of interstate running each way through their downtown areas. Both are extremely complicated by the numerous uses of bridges, which would require replacing when the interstate adds lanes. I'd bet that'd be a 10 year project in either city. 

TN is restricted from borrowing money for road projects, which is a good thing, IMO. But it's a bit past critical & quickly advancing upon emergency, IMO. 

There's no need to fear. Sleepy Joe is here. He's going to fix all that & more. Relax & enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry, i am new and was able to paste a quote the last time, but now i can't figure it out, but in response to Defender, i love the small towns and absolutely dread whats happening to rural Tennessee.

Can someone remind me how to put the quotes in the message?  Thanks

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Gunner2k said:

Sorry, i am new and was able to paste a quote the last time, but now i can't figure it out, but in response to Defender, i love the small towns and absolutely dread whats happening to rural Tennessee.

Can someone remind me how to put the quotes in the message?  Thanks

Click on Quote in the lower left, then add your message.

On 10/18/2021 at 6:23 PM, bobsguns said:

Don't spread this around too much, all the yankees moving in here will be voting to change the laws so more roads can be built quicker.

21 hours ago, seez52 said:

Don't spread this around too much, all the yankees moving in here will be voting to change the laws so more roads can be built quicker.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is in the TN Constitution. Thus the Legislature cannot change it by fiat, only by a Constitutional Convention, which I think is called by the Gov. 

It's been a while since I've read up on this stuff, so I might be off somewhere there.