Lasik regrets?

I recently had Lasik performed to correct my monovision I had from cataract surgery 15 years ago so that I can have better distance vision in both eyes. I was told that I would need teading glasses for reading computers and smartphones, etc. One drawback I found is that my sights on my handguns are fuzzy and I can't get obtain a clear sight picture now. I can see the orange ring on my front sight if there is ample light. If there is a dark background to where the orange won't show up or the tritium to glow then lining the sights up is frustrating. I'm looking at getting the XS Big Dot sights so that I don't to line 3 dots up. I dunno if that will help or not. If I have my reading glasses on then the sights are clear. The problem is I don't always need my glasses and I won't be able to just throw some on in a potential SD situation.. Has anyone on here had Lasik and ended up with the same issue and regret the end result? If so, what did you do to adapt to it?

Edited by lock n' load

I have not had lasik,  but my 52 year old eyes don’t focus up close anymore. I can either wear reading glasses, see the gun sites and have a blurry target, or not wear my reading glasses, see the target and the sights are blurry. I tend to want to see the gun sights, but I also practice (when I can get to the range) shooting at a clear target. 

This is one reason I went with a red dot sight on my EDC. The way the dot/reticle is projected in the window of the sight, it is as if is it further away and it is actually fuzzy with reading glasses on. I can shoot with the red dot w/o glasses and see the red dot reticle and the target. The pistol, however is a bit blurry. 

• Like 3

Thats a good idea.. I've thought about getting a red dot for my pistols but I would have to get the slides cut for them and probably have to get new holsters to accommodate the RDS. I would also need to get some tall back up sights in case it fails. I'll need to do some research to see how much that'll set me back.