Neighbor issues.

I truly enjoyed y’all’s comments. And to defend my self and answer some questions she doesn’t work from what I can tell her car barely leaves. the shots were fired on the weekend mid day. I wasn’t dumping mags nor do I want to. I was just trying to sight a rifle in I’ve lived within five miles of here my whole life except for a few years in the service. And I’ve never ask a neighbor to shoot nor has any of mine ask me to shoot and I don’t expect it we live in the country and I just feel like it’s a norm out here. I guess I could have walked over there and told her I was going to shoot the same way she could have walked over and told me her concerns instead of screaming through the woods at me or caught me at the mailbox. I don’t have a lot of land six acres but it backs up to thick empty woods for a very good while right after about a 15’ dirt pile which her house is or property is not inline from my back porch where I’m shooting from. Thanks once again. 

• Like 2
On 10/3/2021 at 9:28 AM, Yelacreek said:

I recently moved into my new house.

We moved into ours 32 years ago, we bought a "Family Home" that was in the same family for over 100 years. Little did we know what we had done. The brothers that had the place split it up, we got the house and 5 acres. The brother that owned our place has been gone since before we bought the place, it sold out of spite between the wife of our place and the brother of other place. A fence was tried to be put on our side of the line, we fixed that. LEO called on us for theft, we were proven as to not have done it. LEO called for us shooting, LEO came, saw what and where we were shooting and was told every thing is OK. To this day the grand son still accuses us of not being the rightful owners, as the wife of the brother that owned the place had no claim to the property.  This as been going on for 32 years, we are still here and land value is going up every year. One day someone will offer us money we can not refuse as I will not put my place on the market.

The grand son has offered to buy the place, but just cant get his money right.🤑

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1

I had "naked neighbor" at my last place, and he was at least part of the reason I sold out and moved to TN. This guy is a retired Navy Captain, and seemed like a pretty good guy when he moved in. Pretty soon the neighborhood women started to see him outside wearing nothing but a loin cloth with his 70 yo skinny ass hanging out the back. I had ten acres, he had two and a half, and if he wanted to run around naked he had plenty of space to do that out of sight of the road. One day my wife came home complaining that naked neighbor was at it again, so I took my camera to our property line and took several pictures of him fondling himself, and told him that next time he had one of his frequent parties I was going to distribute them to his guests. That was the last time I saw him in his loin cloth. 

He also had a dog that he refused to control. That dog killed another neighbor's cat after chasing it inside her house. One day the dog chased my cat up onto my deck. The cat went up one more level where the dog couldn't follow and I came within an inch of killing the dog. But it really wasn't the dog's fault, so I grabbed it by the collar and was hauling it up my driveway with a 357 in the other hand. NN was waiting at the top of my driveway, having already been threatened with a beating if he ever set foot on my property. I told him the story and that the dog almost died five minutes previously, and son-of-a-gun, the dog didn't show up on my property ever again. 

I had good-to-great relationships with everyone else in that neighborhood, but this guy really was the naked neighbor from hell.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1

I have great neighbors compared to the stories here. We do have one bad apple but so far has not bothered me. He has turned in two neighbors for zoning violations. Nothing dangerous, one couple, good friends, sold their land and moved because of him. They were living in a 5th wheel longer than allowed while trying to get a house built. They were with in days of moving the trailer to where no one could see it after getting a septic system in and water run back where the house was to be built. Had to move it off the property making them rent expensive campground space. Made them so mad they put the place up for sale and left the area. Other couple he turned in are new and in the process of putting a tiny house on their property and he didn’t like they way they were doing it and zoning has gotten involved and delaying them moving it. I was told our zoning board is pretty laid back on enforcement as long as there isn’t a safety issue but have to enforce if there is a complaint. Needless to say no one on the road likes him. Next time I see the tiny house guy I will stop and tell him the rest of the road has nice people that mind their own business, only one A**hole on the road.

On the other hand when some one said they never had a neighbor ask for permission to shoot, that has happened once, but the neighbor was asking permission to shoot his new revolver on my range since he didn’t have his built yet. We took turns for a half a box or so of shells.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Jeb48 said:

On the other hand when some one said they never had a neighbor ask for permission to shoot, that has happened once, but the neighbor was asking permission to shoot his new revolver on my range since he didn’t have his built yet. We took turns for a half a box or so of shells.

Good on you, I tip my hat.

I had a co-worker than complained that every place that they had ever lived they were surrounded by bad neighbors. He contributed it to bad luck......I told him to look into a mirror to see what the problem was. He also didn't have any friendly co-workers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, xsubsailor said:

I had a co-worker than complained that every place that they had ever lived they were surrounded by bad neighbors. He contributed it to bad luck......I told him to look into a mirror to see what the problem was. He also didn't have any friendly co-workers.

If you run into one asshole during the day, it happens and they were probably just an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you’re the asshole. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

Purchase some subsonic ammo, if you can. It is a tad quitter. I have a squirrel problem and that is what I did out of respect for neighbors. also I do not shoot before 8:00 AM or after 6:00 PM. I don't shoot that much but do have a back yard range and do practice from time to time. Use full power ammo when I do this. Try to shoot midday out of respect. 

I've lived in my current house since 97, my neighbor who I can see his house from my driveway (like 300yrds away though woods and pasture), walked up to me on our fence shortly after moving in he said to me: the best neighbor is the one you never see or hear....we wave at each other to this day...lol

I have a 50yrd range in my back yard, he has cows "my rule" is as long as there in the front of his property I can choot (it's my unwritten verbal agreement).