Tennessee Democratic state senator convicted of wire fraud

bobsguns

Story

A Democratic state senator from Tennessee was convicted of wire fraud on Thursday after being accused of paying for personal expenses using grant money reserved for a health care school she ran.

A jury found state Sen. Katrina Robinson guilty on four out of five counts after she was unexpectedly acquitted by a judge days earlier on 15 separate counts for fraud, theft and embezzlement, according to FOX 13 in Memphis.

Not a single mention of this that I could find on a Nashville or Chatt news station web site. Draw your own conclusions there.

The sad & odd part is, she is STILL eligible to keep her State Senate seat despite her conviction. She would make the Ford family proud, IMO. 

1 hour ago, bobsguns said:

Story

Not a single mention of this that I could find on a Nashville or Chatt news station web site. Draw your own conclusions there.

The sad & odd part is, she is STILL eligible to keep her State Senate seat despite her conviction. She would make the Ford family proud, IMO. 

Can she get work release for her Senate seat?  She'll easily win re-election in memphis.

Edited by tnhawk
spelling
  • Haha 1

Similair story with the mayor of Rochester, NY (my old home)... campaign money for personal expenses, cops a plea deal, 'retires' dec 31st, keeps all her bennies.

Her husband got pulled over with a brick of coke and an AK...Ohhh, we're estranged, I dunno nuffin bout dat.

Time to just shoot em. 

49 minutes ago, ReeferMac said:

Similair story with the mayor of Rochester, NY (my old home)... campaign money for personal expenses, cops a plea deal, 'retires' dec 31st, keeps all her bennies.

Her husband got pulled over with a brick of coke and an AK...Ohhh, we're estranged, I dunno nuffin bout dat.

Ha! They're rookies. You should read up on the Ford family out of Memphis. They were involved in shenanigans that would make a Clinton or Kennedy blush. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3