LaPierre Re-elected NRA EVP/CEO

• Admin Team

No downside for them.

Name recognition will have a decent percentage of the population sending money to them  until the state of New York orders them dissolved.

WLP may as well flip everyone the bird and live it up at this point. They’ll still raise hundreds of millions of dollars this year. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, MacGyver said:

Name recognition will have a decent percentage of the population sending money to them

The NRA called me for a donation just a couple evenings ago and I told them that no more money from me so long as WLP was running the show. Apparently the caller (I wonder if they're members or paid?) had heard it a few times before, as she just thanked me and hung up. I've been an NRA life member for a LONG time, and made regular donations up until a few years ago. I can hardly believe that WLP was reelected and find it disgusting.

Edited by Darrell
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I have stopped donating too. But, we don't need to be wishing for their demise. Chasing Wayne off is a whole lot different than Latisha using the State of New York to destroy the NRA. Piss on that woman, and all her friends. She doesn't hate Wayne. She hates ME.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
1 hour ago, mikegideon said:

I have stopped donating too. But, we don't need to be wishing for their demise. Chasing Wayne off is a whole lot different than Latisha using the State of New York to destroy the NRA. Piss on that woman, and all her friends. She doesn't hate Wayne. She hates ME.

I'm in agreement.  I stopped liking them because of him. I'm already a life member or Id probably cancel membership if i was paying yearly dues. I think they have done much for us, despite their wasteful suspending at the top.

• Like 3

Not at all surprised. All the key board members are WLPs cronies and in just as deep as he is. 🤬

I've been an annual member for almost 40 years. Every time I start thinking about a life membership, WLP does something else to piss me off. So I just keep taking it year by year. We need the NRA. They're the big kid on the block. But I'm not at all happy with the current leadership. 

The other day I got a letter begging for more money again. I wrote on it in big bold letters: "Until Wayne LaPierre and all his cronies are gone, you will not get one extra cent from me". Then I mailed it back to them. I doubt it'll do much good, but at least they know how I feel. 💩

I recently read somewhere in gun news (Guns America?) that the Charles Cotton,  President of the NRA, is quietly negotiating with the courts to re-organize the NRA which would include dissolving the entire current board of directors including WLP. I can only hope this is true. 

• Like 6

Gray fox, I totally agree. I've been an annual member for I don't know how long. I don't agree or like the WLP thing. But, we need the NRA on the National level,  and State.

Without their stand at times, we would be gutless toast.

If they leave NY, maybe they'll move to TN. We're gun friendly here, so why not? I can't imagine why anything gun related is still in NY anyway.

• Like 1
On 10/4/2021 at 7:26 AM, Darrell said:

The NRA called me for a donation just a couple evenings ago and I told them that no more money from me so long as WLP was running the show. Apparently the caller (I wonder if they're members or paid?) had heard it a few times before, as she just thanked me and hung up. I've been an NRA life member for a LONG time, and made regular donations up until a few years ago. I can hardly believe that WLP was reelected and find it disgusting.

I go the route of stuffing their postage paid return envelolpe with a letter stating that as long as Wayne is in place and spending member's contributions on fancy suits that they will not see another dime from me.  I also point out some of the cases in which I feel the NRA dropped the ball politically.  I keep that letter on my computer.  Each time I receive a NRA solicitation I print the letter, put it in their envelope and send it in.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
On 10/5/2021 at 12:12 PM, Grayfox54 said:

The other day I got a letter begging for more money again. I wrote on it in big bold letters: "Until Wayne LaPierre and all his cronies are gone, you will not get one extra cent from me". ...

21 hours ago, billyblazes said:

I go the route of stuffing their postage paid return envelolpe with a letter stating that as long as Wayne is in place and spending member's contributions on fancy suits that they will not see another dime from me. ...

I've been doing much the same for a couple of years, including to all ILA stuff which used to get the brunt of my bucks. Endowment member, btw.

- OS

• Like 1

My view, all of the stuff I read about WLP came from the same media that I do not trust anyway.  My perception, people just regurgitate others or the media, not first hand knowledge.   I don't know what to believe.   I do question the credibility of any information during the same time the NRA is being attacked like never before in its history, this causes me to question everything.   The spin factor is full on.

I do know, if WLP cared about the NRA, I mean truly cared like you and I would, knowing all of the negative news and the perception what appears to be large swath in membership has of his poor performance and taking to much funds for his life style, factual or not, WLP should resign immediately for the health of the NRA, take one for the team.  If he has that much of an ego, make him a emeritus or something if you have to, just remove him from a very public leadership role.  I am confident he has achieved enough to retire comfortably for rest of his life. 

We need a powerful and healthy NRA now and in the near foreseeable future with the full assault that is occurring on the organization.  The left is relentless, we need the same relentless from the NRA, with leadership, and members.  A house divided will not stand (Matt. 12-25).

Life Member!

• Like 4
5 hours ago, runco said:

My view, all of the stuff I read about WLP came from the same media that I do not trust anyway.  ...

Which was originally exposed by Oliver North and Chris Cox (among other board members serving at that time), after they gave Wayne a chance to resign before revealing; of course I give North and Cox beacoup more credence than Wayne baby.

But Wayne was able to pull together enough of a coalition among other board members who can be summed up, as LBJ once stated, "I never trust a man unless  I've got his pecker in my pocket."

- OS

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Oh Shoot said:

Which was originally exposed by Oliver North and Chris Cox (among other board members serving at that time), after they gave Wayne a chance to resign before revealing; of course I give North and Cox beacoup more credence than Wayne baby.

I get your point, and should have referenced that, but my immediate take I might have more confidence in North and Cox over LaPierre, but I don't know these individuals personally, did they have their own political agenda or wanted a NRA vacuum of power grab at the time of their comments?  I just simply do not know.  I do not trust much what I hear through any media sources as I grow older, even the good guy stuff.  Everyone has a spin to bend ears, or to advance their own agenda.

O how did you hear Oliver and Cox exposures of LaPierre, media like me?

6 minutes ago, runco said:

O how did you hear Oliver and Cox exposures of LaPierre, media like me?

Of course that's just about the only way for 99.9% of the members to hear about the NRA, including the NRA pubs. I find it telling that the NRA itself barely addressed the issue. Cox just disappeared and I never saw a word about it in American Hunter. LaPierre made some admissions in court about a boat trip to Bermuda, I think, but I don't feel like looking that up right now. The business about the expensive suits was admitted, too, as some spokesman said that WLP had to look good because of his frequent public appearances. So yeah, the left-wing media has it out for we NRA members, but there certainly have been some shady dealings and a serious lack of transparency from the organization.

You got the lack of transparency thing right. But they also don't care what the members think. I hadn't been happy with "Compromise Wayne" for a long time, but when news of his  shenanigans came out, I tried to speak up. Oddly enough, NRA's e-mail suddenly went down and phone calls only got recordings. 🤬

The NRA leadership has completely lost touch with the membership and don't seem interested in what we have to say.   They have become just like the politicians they are supposed to be fighting.  💩

• Like 4
41 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

You got the lack of transparency thing right. But they also don't care what the members think. I hadn't been happy with "Compromise Wayne" for a long time, but when news of his  shenanigans came out, I tried to speak up. Oddly enough, NRA's e-mail suddenly went down and phone calls only got recordings. 🤬

The NRA leadership has completely lost touch with the membership and don't seem interested in what we have to say.   They have become just like the politicians they are supposed to be fighting.  💩

Seems like they never have cared about nonvoting members. 

• Like 3

Unfortunately the NRA is the big name fighting gun control and have been around for a hundred years.  The name recognition alone is priceless.  Despite the current bad leadership,  we  do need the NRA. I know its frustrating as hell, but we have to face that fact. 

We don't need to quit as that only weakens our cause. Next thing you know the antis will be bragging about the NRA's loss of members. What we need is to oust WLP along with his cronies and get some good people on the board to make major changes and get back in the fight for real. Honestly, I have no idea how to do that. 

Meanwhile I'm just hanging in there. They will get my regular dues, but not one penny more. I really believe that GOA and SAF are coming into their own, but need more time to strengthen and get better known. Them I give extra money to. 

4 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Unfortunately the NRA is the big name fighting gun control and have been around for a hundred years.  The name recognition alone is priceless.  Despite the current bad leadership,  we  do need the NRA. I know its frustrating as hell, but we have to face that fact. 

We don't need to quit as that only weakens our cause. Next thing you know the antis will be bragging about the NRA's loss of members. What we need is to oust WLP along with his cronies and get some good people on the board to make major changes and get back in the fight for real. Honestly, I have no idea how to do that. 

Meanwhile I'm just hanging in there. They will get my regular dues, but not one penny more. I really believe that GOA and SAF are coming into their own, but need more time to strengthen and get better known. Them I give extra money to. 

I agree with you. And, I can't quit. I'm Benefactor Life. So, they get nothing from me until I feel like it.

I am Endowment and got a call tonight.  I told the lady they can pound sand until LaPierre is gone.  She actually tried to tell me that he was investigated and cleared by the board so it was all good.   I politely informed her again until that scumbag was gone, take me off the list.

• Like 1