Thanks to TGO David "Tungsten" & crew

I just wanted to post this somewhere on TGO. Picked this forum- can't seem to figure out where else it should go.

Over the past couple of years I have dropped in and out of TGO as time and interest have permitted. I have been extremely impressed with the integrity that TGO David has displayed in his management of people and personalities. I am impressed with his adherence to high standards and principles in his leadership and administration of TGO.

TGO is a good, smart, strong, mostly healthy place, and that's quite a compliment for an online community or any other community for that matter.

I have been inspired to try to emulate TGO David's accomplishment. Here's how-- I am a psychologist by trade and I tinker with web stuff in my spare time, so today I set up a discussion board like TGO for folks who have psychological issues. It will be a support group discussion board and it will all be free. I'm not going to tell you where it is or anything, because I am really here to thank you David, not to market my new board.

I'll moderate it hopefully with the same zeal, diligence, and integrity I have seen displayed by TGO David 'Tungsten' & the crew here at TGO.

I figure if TGO David can create a vibrant, safe, wise community here on TGO with a bunch of gun nuts clingin' to their guns and religion, surely I can somehow help create a supportive community for our citizens who are emotionally or psychologically challenged.

At any rate, job well done, Tungsten, sir. Thanks for the integrity.

(And hey! Y'all keep sendin' TGO David checks now and then- it is really worth it!)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best of luck in your endeavor. I'm a retired LPC/MHSP myself, and I believe that LuckyForward is a counselor, too. I, for one, am very curious to see how this new forum will operate. Let us know how it gets off the ground. That is, if Tung...err...TGO David doesn't mind, of course. ;)

Guest Astra900

What your doing is cool, if it helps people, and you can keep out the liars and the "HEY EVERYBODY, FEEL SORRY FOR ME" people.

BTW, you aren't trying to drop a hint that maybe some of us at TGO may have some psychological issues are you? ;) There's nothing wrong with us; Me and Me and ME agree.;)

Guest pl1ght

Yep, i been a part of his tennesspeed site for a long time, and didnt even realize he ran this site until i first signed up. Amazing job he does handling everything.

Guest emsputz

I wonder if the administrators and moderators on this new psychological discussion forum have enough education and training to help the people on TGO? I bet most of us on TGO would present a challenge to even the most experienced psychologists!:D:rolleyes:

Guest Gun Geek

This is a very good thing you are doing. All joking aside I know a few people who would benefit from something like this. My brother has some issues and if you will send me a PM with the url I will send him your way. I think that support groups among those with psychological issues are very important. It helps them to know that they are not alone and that others really do care. I have helped out at certain hospitals a few years back and I know how hard it is on some of them knowing that they are different and that a lot of society looks down upon them. I thank you for what you are doing and ask that you would send the link to me.