RK show @ Lebanon,tn

31 minutes ago, Photoguy67 said:

I'm heading to Knob Creek. Last show ever.

I've had this on the calendar for months but now with it so close I'm not sure if I'll go or not. With the announcement its their last I can only imagine the crowd

• Like 1

I'm meeting a couple of buddies Sat morning. (Sounds like an old Goodman Show commercial.) 

I expect ammo to still be too high for common sense. I expect the over/under for 12ga pumps with 28" barrels for sale to be over 30. None will be priced for less than $300.

At least the Expo food is a lot better than the Nashville Fairgrounds was . Yuck!

Hope the knife sharpening guy is there. 

I hit the lebanon show last minute.

For over 10 years the same broad snapping the taser every 3 minutes; is still there. Lots of bone handled knives,over priced ammo and junk.

was at one table, saw a seller, sell to one, of a group of individuals that wreaked like they rolled out of a van, as seen in an old cheech and chong movie, and ill leave it at that. In retrospect, i remember a smart dealer that had the same scenario, and wouldnt sell to an individual who wreaked like pot. He smartly considered this to be selling to someone under the influence of a controlled or illegal substance. And did not sell to that person. Not sure if the buyer passed tic. Didnt stick around.

Grabbed my ususal ar lower “oh ####” kits and left. 10 years later sos higher prices w the same taser bug zapper crackling in the background… enjoy! 

Edited by Dustbuster
  • Like 1
22 hours ago, Wdodd said:

Yep, was probably the worst RK show EVER in Lebanon!

Not even close to being THE worst, IMO. I went to a couple of shows there that had maybe 1/3 to 1/4 of the tables that were there last weekend. You could've walked those shows in 5 minutes if you wanted to. 

Last weekend's show was what I would call "typical" & nothing else. It was neither awful nor good, it was just the "usual". 

Some of you guys whom rag on gun shows should spend a few of them on the dealer's side of the table. See what's it's like to work all day Fri, come out & set-up that night, pay for a motel (many of them), work all day Sat & Sun, listen to every other buyer tell you "I can get it $10 cheaper on-line", pack up Sun evening, drive home & hope you made enough to break even. 

As for the "overpriced ammo" comment, I didn't note any pricing that was out of line from retail stores nor on-line pricing. I admit I didn't price all of the ammo tables though.

1 hour ago, bobsguns said:

Not even close to being THE worst, IMO. I went to a couple of shows there that had maybe 1/3 to 1/4 of the tables that were there last weekend. You could've walked those shows in 5 minutes if you wanted to. 

Last weekend's show was what I would call "typical" & nothing else. It was neither awful nor good, it was just the "usual". 

Some of you guys whom rag on gun shows should spend a few of them on the dealer's side of the table. See what's it's like to work all day Fri, come out & set-up that night, pay for a motel (many of them), work all day Sat & Sun, listen to every other buyer tell you "I can get it $10 cheaper on-line", pack up Sun evening, drive home & hope you made enough to break even. 

As for the "overpriced ammo" comment, I didn't note any pricing that was out of line from retail stores nor on-line pricing. I admit I didn't price all of the ammo tables though.

What he said. The salad days of cheap ammo have come and gone, it’s not our fault if you didn’t ‘buy it cheap & stack it deep’ when it was there for the taking. 

I wish that there were more ‘boxes-o-parts’ to dig through like back in the Old Days, but I guess that’s faded into history, too. 

Did not mean to offend any dealer, bad-mouth pricing, etc.  for this show.   During my career, i have worked hundreds of non-firearm related shows and know quite well the labor involved in travel, expense, long hours on my feet, setup  and packup, and dealing with the attendees.

Now, having stated that ..... what I DID mean by “the worst” was relating to the QUANTITY of firearms at the show which was (in my humble opinion which I am sticking to) was severely lacking.  Lots of tables there, but much fewer “gun tables”.  I did purchase a couple of packs of pipe cleaners.

Will I attend again?  Of course I will.

6 hours ago, Wdodd said:

Did not mean to offend any dealer, bad-mouth pricing, etc.  for this show.   During my career, i have worked hundreds of non-firearm related shows and know quite well the labor involved in travel, expense, long hours on my feet, setup  and packup, and dealing with the attendees.

Didn't offend *me* in any way, shape or form. No one scares me, *I* used to hold the flashlight for my dad!   😆

Now, having stated that ..... what I DID mean by “the worst” was relating to the QUANTITY of firearms at the show which was (in my humble opinion which I am sticking to) was severely lacking.  Lots of tables there, but much fewer “gun tables”. 

Again, outside forces have contributed to this. Gun Broker is one, of course. People buy else where instead of local gun shows.  The slowed rate of guns produced by mfgrs have also contributed.

I note what used to be THE largest dealer to go there no longer does shows: The Gun Crew. They would bring everything from B&T to Les Baer to H&K to Canik & all things in between. Reese is down to doing only the Crossville shows & that's because his family is from there.

I did (and always do) enjoy perusing Darryl Hampstead's tables. He always has a super nice selection of prime Colt, Smith & other revolvers. Lots of nice .22 autos as well. 

But honestly, I don't see shows returning to "normal" until after Pedo Joe is out of office & mask restrictions get lifted.