Checking Status of Carry Permit?

Guest DrDynamite

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kirkosaurus

I renewed on 5/8 called on 7/20 and they said it would be processed and I should receive it in 7-10 days. That was 15 days ago.

Guest kirkosaurus
I renewed on 5/8 called on 7/20 and they said it would be processed and I should receive it in 7-10 days. That was 15 days ago.

Whaddya know, came in today.

Guest Sgt. Joe

I did DOS app July 1...electronic prints on July 2nd.....dude there said it was near instant and they would have them by the time I could get home.

Tomorrow (Mon Aug 10) will be day 40......I will be calling to check.

I had also heard and then read here that Military did speed the process a bit.....I was discharged in Jan 08 but have a still active clearance, good until 2017....I sure hope that helps.

I am in no hurry to be doing any Wally World Walk, just in a hurry to be able to protect myself and my family....it is very frustrating that when I leave the house I have to put the weapon in one place in the car and the rounds in the back of the van, with a van I obviously have no trunk.... I have also heard that the rounds can not be in the mag?......I do not however remove them as the weapon box is locked, so I must get key from ignition keys and I then still have to get out of the van in order to get to the mags.

I also do not understand why our state has not followed the lead of others and made our cars an extension of our homes? It make no sense.....here in Jackson it is violent!.....it is for that very reason I felt I needed to get a permit.

It seems almost stupid IMO sometimes to even bother taking it with me when I leave.....but even with the time it would take to get at everything I feel it is better than to leave it at home.

I had been thinking it would take the full 90 days and then some but after reading here I am starting to think next week or the week after may be the time for it to arrive. I guess I will find out soon.

Edited by Sgt. Joe
Guest SMZRU275
Went to the DMV on July 21st, called today and I'm approved and should see it within 7-14 days.

Came today. So overall took 24 days for my permit to arrive.

I was just at the TDOS to get my CDL permit. After I finished, I asked if they could check the status of my HCP. They did check it and indicated that it had been approved by the TBI, FBI and the County Sherrif. The last approval was on 7/31..Still have not gotten it in the mail, dont know what is taking so long.

My buddy and I took our carry course together, processed our applications together and were waiting together. The guy at the fingerprint contractor said we should call in at 30 days because the squeaky wheels were getting attention (neither of us believed it). The law says they have to have it back to you in 90 days....that is 90 'state working days', or about 4 and 1/2 months.

I got my driver's license renewal notice and renewed online a month early. Ten days later I got my new license and my carry permit, including the duplicate I ordered. 45 days after I applied for the carry permit. I think the drivers license renewal triggered the carry permit, as the number of the permit is the same as you license and they use the same photo.

My buddy got his two weeks after I did at about 60 days from application date, and has never gotten his duplicate in spite of repeated calls to the state.

I think they are swamped. :)

My son submitted his paperwork on July 16th and received his permit on Aug. 13th. That is the fastest of any I know of personally and he was excited to get it that quick since he was not expecting it any time soon. He never called to check on it either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Talked to some very nice ladies about the status of my carry permit application. Glad I called, somehow they were missing my application. Everything else was good to go. They faxed another application and I faxed it back. Barbara stated they received it, and as soon as it was put into the system my permit would be issued.

Guest KimberChick

I renewed mine at a DL station September 10 and still hadn't gotten it. Called, they said they had mailed it September 22...I obviously don't have it. They also said it didn't come back to them. Nice. Sooo, paying 5 bucks for a duplicate now and hoping it arrives. Glad I still have my old one and receipt!

• 6 months later...
Renewals have been taking MUCH longer than first time applicants. Longer than 2 or 3 months is not out of the ordinary from what I have seen.

I renewed last month and had it back in 2 weeks.

I was expecting a long wait but I guess I got lucky.

• 1 month later...

My son and I just got our permits, it took about 88 days to get mine because of a little bobble in my background, so I had gotten mine and my son's hadn't came yet, he had no bobbles. He called about it after the 90 days and it had been sent to old address on his ID, they tell him go change address on ID, then file for lost permit. He had not got around to jumping through those hoops yet when he gets his permit in the mail. We aren't sure what happened there, we think maybe they got the first one back and sent him one to the address on the application. That was a great surprise.