How to Find Outdoor Ranges

AAC

I live in Wilson county, not far out of Nashville.   From my house to there I have been a member of the Tennessee wildlife resources  agency ranges.  Strategic Edge in Chapel Hill and Middle Tennessee Sporting Assn. In Dixon Springs.  Probably depends which side of town you live on. Don’t mean to be sarcastic but you can google “gun ranges in Tennessee.”  Good luck with your search.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, bluemailman53 said:

I live in Wilson county, not far out of Nashville.   From my house to there I have been a member of the Tennessee wildlife resources  agency ranges.  Strategic Edge in Chapel Hill and Middle Tennessee Sporting Assn. In Dixon Springs.  Probably depends which side of town you live on. Don’t mean to be sarcastic but you can google “gun ranges in Tennessee.”  Good luck with your search.

Thanks for your reply! My question was probably too vague. What I am looking for is just an open parcel of land that I can shoot on. Something where I can do more dynamic shooting (I.e. shoot on the run, transitions, etc.). I know of a few ranges nearby this area, but I do not think most, if not all, provide space for this. I will up these associations though, so thanks for that! 

2 hours ago, bluemailman53 said:

I did it for a while and it was a lot of fun but I wasn’t very good at it.  I do know several people who enjoy in a lot.  You could probably observe or participate in a local match before committing to a membership.

I have done a few matches before and the are a lot of fun. I will check them out around here. Thanks again!

On 10/10/2021 at 5:16 PM, AAC said:

Hello All, 

New to TN and looking for open land to shoot handguns/rifles. I've spoken to some others who say I just need to be outside of city limits, but I am honestly not too sure what that means. Any feedback would be very much so appreciated! 

Thanks in advance!

I am looking for the same thing as you are. I live in Sparta and I am a member of Dead Zero in Spencer but would also like a place nearby to just go out by myself and plink. It seems like most people in my area shoot on their property or go to a range. I'll reply if I find anything.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.