Anything more fun........................

bobsguns

Than moving a 400lb gun safe by yourself?   🤨

I had help getting it onto the trailer but after that it was ALL me. Unloading, standing it up & moving it around the garage all by myself. At 63, I'm TOO old for this crap anymore! 

Having said all that, I did get it done. Never again!   👨‍🦽

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Once it’s upright and you have to move it on a flat floor, use a handful of golf balls underneath and you can move it by yourself. Just tip it a bit and roll the balls under. On carpet it keeps you from wading the carpet up. It just rolls. I have moved my 48 gun safe by myself twice. I’m 64 youngin’. Move is another 4 letter word! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

@ArmyBrat61 Is that Cajun seasoning or just salt and pepper? I want to get it right when I move my safe. 🤣

@bobsguns Good job. I usually end up getting to move everything on my own so I sympathise.

Seasoned with time and experience. Salt and pepper just stayed on my hair, as far as the Cajun... let's just say that only appears when required. I may be a dinosaur but I'm not a fossil    yet. 

Good going Bob.!

• Like 2
19 hours ago, bobsguns said:

Than moving a 400lb gun safe by yourself?   🤨

I had help getting it onto the trailer but after that it was ALL me. Unloading, standing it up & moving it around the garage all by myself. At 63, I'm TOO old for this crap anymore! 

Having said all that, I did get it done. Never again!   👨‍🦽

You could have also posted for some help. I am in Cleveland and would have happily supervised that evolution. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, buck1032 said:

You could have also posted for some help. I am in Cleveland and would have happily supervised that evolution. 🙂 

NOW you tell me...............................    🤬

I asked three different guys for help. All three gave some lame assed excuse to not help. Needless to say, I'm going to remember this for the rest of my life.

But thanks for the offer though, I do appreciate it. 

• Like 2
20 hours ago, derf said:

Just tip it a bit and roll the balls under. 

Concrete floor. I tried tipping it to use my 4-wheel furniture dolly (like I always do) & it just slid around on the concrete. 

I've heard of golf balls being used. Also larger wooden dowels. I've moved maybe a dozen safes in my lifetime, I've learned what NOT to do with them. 

• Like 1

Years ago I got rid of an old foose (sp) ball table but I salvaged the chrome steel cross bars because I thought they might come in handy some day.  Fast forward 10 years and I have used those rods for many things including putting under a 750lb. safe to move it upon delivery.  I could move it any direction by myself, except up.