Man acquitted after shooting at police

Alleycat72

First of all, I have respect for the police. They have a crappy job, that I wouldn't want. But, what a cluster. That's a good example why some cops get shot in the face. Almost anybody that has a carrying permit and was armed at the time, would return fire. He didn't know it was a van full of cops. If I was shooting at random people with anything, be it a gun that fires rubber bullets or whatever, I would expect to maybe be fired upon. He didn't know it was idiot cops playing around. Apparently one of the  cops has bad eyesight, because he couldn't see that the poor guy had his hands behind his back. 🙄

5 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

First of all, I have respect for the police. They have a crappy job, that I wouldn't want. But, what a cluster. That's a good example why some cops get shot in the face. Almost anybody that has a carrying permit and was armed at the time, would return fire. He didn't know it was a van full of cops. If I was shooting at random people with anything, be it a gun that fires rubber bullets or whatever, I would expect to maybe be fired upon. He didn't know it was idiot cops playing around. Apparently one of the  cops has bad eyesight, because he couldn't see that the poor guy had his hands behind his back. 🙄

Agreed. I side with the police most of the time. Mistakes happen, but this is bad. I honestly don't have a problem with them hitting antifa, but shooting at random people walking down the street is outrageous. 

• Thanks 1

I’m Pro Good Cop. These morons even said on body cam that they were hunting people. I’m surprised the group guarding the store didn’t blow them away. Im glad it turned out like it did. Nobody got killed and the good guys didn’t die. I’m glad the cops weren’t harmed but hope they learned a big lesson but they probably didn’t and will all be promoted. Its getting crazy out there folks. 

• Like 1

More accurately, "not yet" and "not yet". The PD internal affairs investigation is ongoing. Until that's complete, we won't know what, if any, action will be taken against the officers.

I suspect the victim and his attorney are waiting until that investigation is complete before filing their civil suit.

1 hour ago, monkeylizard said:

More accurately, "not yet" and "not yet". The PD internal affairs investigation is ongoing. Until that's complete, we won't know what, if any, action will be taken against the officers.

I suspect the victim and his attorney are waiting until that investigation is complete before filing their civil suit.

And yet the victim has already been tried. LOL

Honestly I'm glad everyone is still alive after this incident. He should get a chunk of money. He should also get to punch that one cop in the face at least once. 

• Thanks 1
On 10/13/2021 at 6:07 PM, derf said:

I’m Pro Good Cop. These morons even said on body cam that they were hunting people. I’m surprised the group guarding the store didn’t blow them away. Im glad it turned out like it did. Nobody got killed and the good guys didn’t die. I’m glad the cops weren’t harmed but hope they learned a big lesson but they probably didn’t and will all be promoted. Its getting crazy out there folks. 

I am pro good cop as well, it does seem there are less of them than I thought.  Seem like cops lying and taking advantage of people that do not know the law is being seen more and more now that everyone has cameras.