WANTED: Better stock for Savage Mark II FV-SR

Anyone upgrade the stock (for the second time) on their Savage Mark II rifle and have an extra to get rid of? Let me know - interested in replacing my stock one. 

If anyone is considering getting this rifle, just know that the cheek weld is non-existent. You can't put your cheek on the stock rifle and also look through the scope. 

10 hours ago, user1776 said:

If anyone is considering getting this rifle, just know that the cheek weld is non-existent. You can't put your cheek on the stock rifle and also look through the scope. 

I had both the B22 and Mark II FV-SR rifles and ran into the same issue when shooting them in NRL22 competition.  The solution for me was to build up a cheek riser out of closed-cell camp pad and vet tape.  I covered the top with a small piece of adhesive-backed felt.  Bonus for using the felt is it's more comfortable and easy to replace if it gets dirty or (in my case) covered in sweat.  It took a little experimentation to get the fit exactly right, but was well worth it for the end result.

CampPadCheekRiser.jpg

• Like 1
5 hours ago, billmeek said:

I had both the B22 and Mark II FV-SR rifles and ran into the same issue when shooting them in NRL22 competition.  The solution for me was to build up a cheek riser out of closed-cell camp pad and vet tape.  I covered the top with a small piece of adhesive-backed felt.  Bonus for using the felt is it's more comfortable and easy to replace if it gets dirty or (in my case) covered in sweat.  It took a little experimentation to get the fit exactly right, but was well worth it for the end result.

CampPadCheekRiser.jpg

Thanks, I actually have a yoga mat I was going to toss so maybe I'll give this a shot and see how I like it as either a stop-gap or a permanent solution. Did you wrap the pad around the whole stock or just layer it on top and then wrap with the vet tape?