Springfield is teasing something

Chucktshoes

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, Garufa said:

1935 and JMB is highly significant.  

Reckon it is what I think is?  Something like a P-35 perhaps?

I’m excited.

Me too. Their best products are another JMB design after all. I’m cautiously optimistic they’ll do right by this one. 

• Like 1

Comment found on another site in response to this being posted:

"Given that the Tisas Regent BR9 has disappeared from the market, my bet is on them being rebadged by Springfield. There is a distant outside chance that Dasan Machineries of South Korea has tooled up for BHP without anyone noticing, but at last check they only offered barrels. Dasan has definitely been providing support for SAI’s M1A and Saint lines, and probably their M1911 as well after SAI cut ties with Brazil’s IMBEL – Fabrica de Itajuba roughly a decade ago.

Dasan clearly lost out when their biggest US client, Remington, tanked. SIG-Sauer Inc. reportedly dropped them as a subcontractor a few years ago. Dan Wesson has been another client, and it should be interesting to see if their parent company CZ drops Dasan in favor of Colt’s in-house production capabilities."

• Like 1

Springfield don'rt sell no junk. Even if it is just a rebranded foreign made gun, you can bet it will meet Springfield's rigorous specs. I have high hopes for this one. 

But very likely it will be pretty expensive and take forever to get to the open market where guys like me can get one. 🙄

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, No_0ne said:

The pic Chuck posted was loaded on Springfield's site earlier with the caption "we're bringing it back".

I got that. It’s these guys on a gun forum that don’t seem to know what a High Power is that are blowing my mind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
58 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I got that. It’s these guys on a gun forum that don’t seem to know what a High Power is that are blowing my mind.

I can sympathize with them though.  Although I know what Hi-Powers are, most of the time I'm totally lost when folks on here are discussing the latest whiz-bang, plastic fantastic Glock 62-whatever they're drooling over ...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
18 hours ago, No_0ne said:

I can sympathize with them though.  Although I know what Hi-Powers are, most of the time I'm totally lost when folks on here are discussing the latest whiz-bang, plastic fantastic Glock 62-whatever they're drooling over ...

Do you even gun if you don’t run a Gen 8 BR-549 with a list of name brand aftermarket parts?

• Haha 4
  • Administrator
23 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Springfield don'rt sell no junk. Even if it is just a rebranded foreign made gun, you can bet it will meet Springfield's rigorous specs.

Hate to disagree and disparage an entire line of guns, but the XD is notorious for not holding up very well under serious use.  I've had two break.  I've got at least one friend who had his break in a class also.

Aaron Cowan of Sage Dynamics posted this on social media a while back and is in a prime position to see a plethora of guns being used by students:

"I keep track of failures in all classes; currently the XD reigns supreme with 19 over the past 4 years. This accounts for any failure that could not be remedied by immediate or remedial action; examples include; grip safety failing to reset, grip safety failing to engage, broken guide rod, broken striker, fractured chamber wall, fractured striker face wall, cracked slide, trigger shoe failure and on and on. "XD" covers XD, XDmod 2, XDS and XDM. The counting continues."

These are classes where students run their guns hard.  The two I managed to break happened during a 1,000 rd class over the span of two days.  It kind of blew when the first one went down.  It really blew when my backup gun did too.  I finished that class with a Glock 19 and never looked back.