Springfield is teasing something

Chucktshoes

2 hours ago, tercel89 said:

WOW , thats like the car and truck business now. Toyota Trucks are marked up $5000 at some dealerships.  I can wait thats for sure !  And this High Power , I am on the fence about it. I love me some all steel pistols. The only thing holding me back is the fact that I have a CZ75 Single Action Only pistol. I am not sure I can justify getting another all steel 9mm at that price. UNLESS you guys can give me reasons about why I should get one ? LOL 

20211028_122130.jpg

That CZ looks a bit lonely. Maybe you need another one? How about a retro 😉

https://images.app.goo.gl/kQCppfq1e5CEXHsT8

• Like 2
7 hours ago, tercel89 said:

WOW , thats like the car and truck business now. Toyota Trucks are marked up $5000 at some dealerships.  I can wait thats for sure !  And this High Power , I am on the fence about it. I love me some all steel pistols. The only thing holding me back is the fact that I have a CZ75 Single Action Only pistol. I am not sure I can justify getting another all steel 9mm at that price. UNLESS you guys can give me reasons about why I should get one ? LOL 

20211028_122130.jpg

'Cause it's a Hipower!!!    Well almost.

6 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

The MSRP on the SA-35 is $699. Which I find to be surprisingly good. The prices I quoted are what's being asked on GB. I wouldn't be surprised if they sell. In fact, some those over $1000 prices are being driven by actual bids. There are always those people who just have to be the first to get whatever is new at any price. 🙄

Very true.  Reminds me of when Ruger introduced their SR1911, I wanted one but wouldn't pay the asking prices.  After waiting for a few years, I came across a used one on GB, essentially a NIB gun, for $500.  Not sure if I'm patient, or just cheap though ...

17 hours ago, No_0ne said:

Very true.  Reminds me of when Ruger introduced their SR1911, I wanted one but wouldn't pay the asking prices.  After waiting for a few years, I came across a used one on GB, essentially a NIB gun, for $500.  Not sure if I'm patient, or just cheap though ...

I've asked myself this question many times, as well......   I've decided that the answer is "I'm cheap."😆

Ordered two extra mags & got them today. I wanted the mags now as I bet they'll run out as the gun becomes more available. I didn't take mine out of the wrap, but I did see the "Croatia" on the wrapper. 

My FFL tells me I can't get mine until Dec or so, after the excitement has died down. He said he'll feel guilty if he loses too much $$ on my discount that he could be making on a hot selling gun.  🤨

This thing about the mags being made in Croatia is interesting.  On the SA website, where I ordered my mags (need those 15 rounds, right?) the magazine pictured has "Made in Italy" stamped on the magazine body.  So I figured Mec-Gar, especially since they already offer 15-rounders for the Hi-Power.

Cheers,

Whisper

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Whisper said:

This thing about the mags being made in Croatia is interesting.  On the SA website, where I ordered my mags (need those 15 rounds, right?) the magazine pictured has "Made in Italy" stamped on the magazine body.  So I figured Mec-Gar, especially since they already offer 15-rounders for the Hi-Power.

Cheers,

Whisper

The magazines are made by Mec-gar.

My magazines are stamped Made in Italy. Look to be mec gar mags with the springfield logo engraved on them. I recieved my gun Friday, Its definitely worth the msrp, I would have waited had i not got in early before the crazy price war.  I cleaned it and ran 2 magazines of 147 gr speer lawman through it, very accurate, smooth shooting gun. Trigger pull measured 4.5 pounds, crisp break.  sights are good, pistol felt well balanced and typical springfield good fit and finish.  Im very happy with this gun and am on the list for another one, but i wont overpay for it.  I'll put more rounds through it this week, been super busy the last few days. Pics i have are too big to attach, but it really is a very nice weapon.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
On 10/30/2021 at 7:13 PM, Hehehmule said:

Received my mags today. Gun may be made in USA but mags are from Croatia. Anywho, I ordered one at local gun store in Harriman. Said distributor warned him it may be 3 to 6 months, but locked it in at $580. 

Got my mags yesterday. Yep...Mecgar. Definitely. 

Did get the opportunity to fondle one Saturday. I really like it. I'm on 2 lgs waiting lists. #2 in one of them. Maybe I'll get one sooner than later. 

• Like 1

Starting to get a bad feeling they sent me XD mags or something. Guess I’ll have to open one up and actually look at it.

Edit: OK, how silly is it the wrapper is “Made in Croatia” but the contents are made in Italy?

Edited by Hehehmule
  • Haha 1

I checked with the largest LGS in the area again this morning. Still don't have any, no idea when they'll get some, But also not making a waiting list either. However, they do have 30 ordered. So maybe I'll get one eventually. 🙄

In other news, tracking showed my magazines arrived at Fed Ex Memphis last Saturday, Scheduled delivery was supposed to be yesterday. No joy. Today tracking shows it still at the distribution center, but delivery date as undetermined. WTF!  ❓

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Hehehmule said:

Edit: OK, how silly is it the wrapper is “Made in Croatia” but the contents are made in Italy?

They're caught short with the correct bags, I bet? I also bet they grossly underestimated the popularity of the upcoming sales of this model as well.