What Has Happened to Gun Owners Club!!

Sidewinder

Like many of you, probably, I enjoyed years of the original GOC (Gun Owners Club). I enjoyed buying, selling, and trading on a simple platform. It was easy to post items. It was easy to find items. And many of us have enjoyed transactions on there and met some nice people to boot. I noticed some time back it had switched over to Gun Broker lite. I got on there today, with the intention of posting some items for trade or sell. It looks like now days you have to pay to play! If I understood it properly, it was $2.99 to post an ad for one month. Also, there seems to have been restrictions prohibiting marking an item as being over priced. I don't think I have encountered anyone that likes the new Gun Owners Club. What do you guys think about it?

I posted a gun on there a few days ago. When you log in and go to publish the ad it will let you list a few each month free. Like you I was a bit concerned about the $2.99 charge but it did not ask me for any info or credit card information. I believe it is still free for occasional listings just more complicated. I just went over there. Went to top of page and hit PUBLISH button and it took me right to the listing page. Try it. I think it is working.

Edited by Eray
Update with more info.
  • Like 1

I have also used it for years to buy/sell/trade occasionally.  It was so simple before the change.  I complained about the change and got a pretty quick response that said:

I understand people are resistant to change, but updates are necessary to operate on the constantly evolving internet. The old website technology was obsolete.  The software company that developed the core codebase stopped providing updates and discontinued support in 2018.  The majority of our audience uses a smart phone to browse and shop the Gun Owners Club.  The old website was not designed to fit on smaller screens.  Google started penalizing page rank in 2015 for websites that did not have a mobile friendly layout in 2015.  We did our best to keep the website similar to the old platform while making it mobile friendly and adding improved messaging, image uploaders and many other new features.

There are instructions available to help you in our FAQ https://www.###.com/faq

If you need additional tech support, we are here to assist you.
  • Like 2

I don’t like the inability to delete ads. It could be worse; Armslist requires a paid subscription not only to see the ad body, but now you can’t even see the price without logging in. A site with as many data breaches as Armslist has a lot of nerve asking for access to my bank account in order to do business there. 

Edited by Ironhandjohn
  • Like 5
On 10/20/2021 at 10:35 PM, Eray said:

I posted a gun on there a few days ago. When you log in and go to publish the ad it will let you list a few each month free. Like you I was a bit concerned about the $2.99 charge but it did not ask me for any info or credit card information. I believe it is still free for occasional listings just more complicated. I just went over there. Went to top of page and hit PUBLISH button and it took me right to the listing page. Try it. I think it is working.

When I try that I get directed to the buy a membership page:

Please, choose a plan first

Maybe because I'm a noob, I just signed up Wednesday after I learned about the site from this thread. 
  • 3 weeks later...

They need to rename it “The Liars Club” , I’ve never tried to deal with so many people with people “For Sale or For trade” that WILL NOT contact you back when you try to get in touch with them!! Don’t get me wrong , I have dealt with some good people on there , but more bad than good.They either give you the run around trying to meet with them, back out on you , won’t contact you back,won’t answer the phone or email or text.It’s like people nowadays are scared ####less to speak to you on the phone!🤬Personally I’d much rather talk to you on the phone, I can find out more that way in 2 minutes than I can spending a week emailing or texting.But I understand some people don’t get good phone service and have to text.

Well , that’s my rant😤

• Like 1
9 hours ago, jeff43 said:

Personally I’d much rather talk to you on the phone, I can find out more that way in 2 minutes than I can spending a week emailing or texting.

I get what you're saying, but some of us have a really tough time on the phone. My hearing is long gone and I struggle with ftf conversation and struggle mightily on the phone. Email is my best bet at clear communication. 

• Like 2
On 10/20/2021 at 10:12 PM, Sidewinder said:

I noticed some time back it had switched over to Gun Broker lite

I saw some large pistol primers listed there yesterday for $100. Turns out that was for 500.  Definitely in the Gun Broker range.  I reckon a fellow can ask whatever he wishes for things he's selling, but I'm having a tough time with some of these prices. Thank goodness that it appears that powder is slowing coming back on the market. I see various powders for sale on the Hodgdon site from time to time, and Powder Valley gets some in, too. Any primers I see are stupidly expensive, though. 

Keep checking Midway for primers. I just bought 1K small pistol for $112 including all the fees. High but I'm getting slightly low on them. Only allowed to buy one package per customer. That's all I wanted at that price anyway- hoping they come down a bit before I need again. 

https://www.midwayusa.com/primers/br?cid=17587&Primer+Size=Small+Pistol

Still in stock at this time.

Edited by WillyK
Misspelled word
3 hours ago, Darrell said:

I get what you're saying, but some of us have a really tough time on the phone. My hearing is long gone and I struggle with ftf conversation and struggle mightily on the phone. Email is my best bet at clear communication. 

I understand that too, but I don’t understand people not contacting you back when they have something for sale or trade.All you got to do is say not interested or I’ll pass, thanks. Also the ones that don’t price their stuff or say I’m taking offers. It’s not a auction website.

A lot of people just have no morals about them anymore.

Edited by jeff43
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, jeff43 said:

They need to rename it “The Liars Club” , I’ve never tried to deal with so many people with people “For Sale or For trade” that WILL NOT contact you back when you try to get in touch with them!! Don’t get me wrong , I have dealt with some good people on there , but more bad than good.They either give you the run around trying to meet with them, back out on you , won’t contact you back,won’t answer the phone or email or text.It’s like people nowadays are scared ####less to speak to you on the phone!🤬Personally I’d much rather talk to you on the phone, I can find out more that way in 2 minutes than I can spending a week emailing or texting.But I understand some people don’t get good phone service and have to text.

Well , that’s my rant😤

I've had some not so pleasant experiences on there too, but was always able, so far, to identify those up front. The ones I've met to buy/sell have gone smoothly.