The new Dune.....

On HBO Max.......

Sorry, totes '80s geeking out!

It misses the the thought disfigured, but aside from that. My God. It's a masterpiece. Ridley Scott had totally outdone himself. I've watched the original probably 80 times & I didn't think it could be remade but damn.... this really is spectacular. 

• Thanks 1
  • Moderators
13 minutes ago, Handsome Rob said:

On HBO Max.......

Sorry, totes '80s geeking out!

It misses the the thought disfigured, but aside from that. My God. It's a masterpiece. Ridley Scott had totally outdone himself. I've watched the original probably 80 times & I didn't think it could be remade but damn.... this really is spectacular. 

It was directed by Denis Villanueve. 

I'm a bit of a sci/fi geek. But never really got into Dune. Never read the book. I tried to watch the original movie a couple of times, but never got past the first half hour. It always seemed to be more about politics and back stabbing than real sci/fi.  From what I've seen of the previews, this is just another special effects driven movie with a so-so story.  IDK, maybe I'll give this new version a shot. 

Edited by Grayfox54
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

I'm a bit of a sci/fi geek. But never really got into Dune. Never read the book. I tried to watch the original movie a couple of times, but never got past the first half hour. It always seemed to be more about politics and back stabbing than real sci/fi.  From what I've seen of the previews, this is just another special effects driven movie with a so-so story.  IDK, maybe I'll give this new version a shot. 

Well, we old geezers seem to share the same feelings on Frank Herbet. I just couldn't get into his books. And like you, I'm a bit over the top on sci-fi books and movies.

But seems we are outnumbered in our opinions on Dune books and the 1984 movie.

That being said, I do have an interest in seeing the new one. Just because of the Ridley Scott work.

What does Ridley Scott have to do with this movie?  He was not a part of this one or the 1984 one as far as I know. 

Edit- I miss read Hipower’s post above and thought he said he “I do not have an interest in the new one” because of Ridley Scott. That was my bad. 

That is what I get for posting “pre-coffee”

Edited by Snaveba
  • Like 1