Baldwin shoots two on movie set, accidental misfire???

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/10/alec-baldwin-fires-gun-kills-cinematographer-wounds-director-on-rust-set-1234673555/

So old west set, some how supposedly gun misfires twice, kills one and wound’s another.

I don’t think they know what a misfire is! 

I know blanks can kill at contact close range. This doesn’t sound like blanks or “misfires”! 

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/rust-crewmember-dies-after-prop-gun-misfires-on-set-of-alec-baldwin-film

Edited by TennesseeCamper
  • Like 1

Brandon Lee(son of Bruce Lee) was killed on the set of 1994’s ‘The Crow’ while filming his character’s death scene. They had been using live rounds with the powder dumped out for a close-up shot, in which the actor pulls the trigger several times. The primers pushed two slugs into the barrel, after which a blank round was fired, which drove out the bullets and struck Brandon Lee in the chest. 

• Like 3

Not enough information out there yet. I despise anti-gun Baldwin, but don't want to jump to conclusions. The stories I've read make it sound like two people were hit from one discharge. I think most of us are assuming the discharge was from a handgun, but if it were a shotgun then two victims seems more likely.  I'll be interested in learning more.

Edit an hour later:  A news article says that Baldwin was handed the prop gun, and a single round passed through a woman who was killed and struck a man who was not killed. This begs the question of why there was any live ammunition on a movie set. I suppose a long investigation will follow. 

Edited by Darrell
  • Like 4

Another anti-gun actor making big money using guns in a movie. 💩  I feel badly for the victims. No sympathy for Baldwin at all. A real gun person, even an actor on set, would have checked the gun himself before using it. 

Back in the 80s a hot, up and coming young actor, Jon-Erik Hexum,  accidentally killed himself on set playing Russian Roulette with a .44 magnum loaded with blanks. The blank drove a piece of his skull through his brain. 

There is no excuse for bad gun handling. Even an anti-gunner should know that if you plan to make your living with one. 

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

Another anti-gun actor making big money using guns in a movie. 💩  I feel badly for the victims. No sympathy for Baldwin at all. A real gun person, even an actor on set, would have checked the gun himself before using it. 

Back in the 80s a hot, up and coming young actor, Jon-Erik Hexum,  accidentally killed himself on set playing Russian Roulette with a .44 magnum loaded with blanks. The blank drove a piece of his skull through his brain. 

There is no excuse for bad gun handling. Even an anti-gunner should know that if you plan to make your living with one. 

I remember that one, I believe it was the first episodes of MacGyver.

I'm sure more information will eventually come out. An article said it was one shot that passed through the woman and hit the man. That would have to be a live round. A blank or even a bullet stuck in the barrel and pushed out by a blank couldn't go entirely through a person, could it?

I've been shot by a blank from a range of about 10 feet. It stung a little but it didn't penetrate my Air Force field jacket. 

It sounds like somehow a live round got into or was left in a revolver and Balwin was playing with it and pulled the trigger. It's pretty hard to accidentally pull the trigger on a double action revolver. 

9 minutes ago, jgradyc said:

I'm sure more information will eventually come out. An article said it was one shot that passed through the woman and hit the man. That would have to be a live round. A blank or even a bullet stuck in the barrel and pushed out by a blank couldn't go entirely through a person, could it?

I've been shot by a blank from a range of about 10 feet. It stung a little but it didn't penetrate my Air Force field jacket. 

It sounds like somehow a live round got into or was left in a revolver and Balwin was playing with it and pulled the trigger. It's pretty hard to accidentally pull the trigger on a double action revolver. 

So a fully automatic assault volver? 🤣

• Like 1

Don't be at all surprised when Baldwin claims to be a completely innocent victim and never accepts any blame what-so-ever. In fact, don't be surprised when he doubles down on his gun control efforts because now he "knows" what its like to take a life.  💩

Btw: this azzhole anti-gunner has now killed and injured more people than I have in my 67 years as a gun owner. 

• Like 5
7 hours ago, Ironhandjohn said:

Brandon Lee(son of Bruce Lee) was killed on the set of 1994’s ‘The Crow’ while filming his character’s death scene. They had been using live rounds with the powder dumped out for a close-up shot, in which the actor pulls the trigger several times. The primers pushed two slugs into the barrel, after which a blank round was fired, which drove out the bullets and struck Brandon Lee in the chest. 

Hard to fathom how no body thought that was a possibility or even tested the idea first.

I've often thought...

If I was an actor in a scene where I get shot at, No way would I feel comfortable with a real functioning gun. Calling it a prop gun suggests it's rendered incapable of receiving real ammo. Seems their should be some special type of obvious mod that all can see.

Also it should be mandatory that actors that are essentially playing with guns have a bit of a safety talk prior to scene. Be encouraged to ask questions and examine all prop guns themselves before shooting begins.

It would scare the cramp out of me having a "prop guy" hand a gun to some hot actress who is supposed to kill me in the next scene.

Saying all that....safety must be pretty decent as these tragedies are rare it seems.

2 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Don't be at all surprised when Baldwin claims to be a completely innocent victim and never accepts any blame what-so-ever. In fact, don't be surprised when he doubles down on his gun control efforts because now he "knows" what its like to take a life.  💩

Btw: this azzhole anti-gunner has now killed and injured more people than I have in my 67 years as a gun owner. 

If he was messing around between scenes pointing it at people and playing around he is guilty for sure.

If he was handed the gun by a prop guy and director called ACTION and he hit bystanders with a live round while filming the scene, well that's another thing. Hope Fake News gets the whole story out correctly but that's doubtful. He's one of their favs. The spin begins.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

While there is still a lot of information unknown, I do feel sympathy for everyone involved. At the same time, I also suspect that there is a significant amount of culpability to be spread around as well. 

Same. If it was in fact a live round, I'm pretty sure that's gonna fall on someone other than Alec. I believe there are weapons/prop experts responsible for this. I'm curious to know what exactly went down.

Edited by Erik88