Baldwin shoots two on movie set, accidental misfire???

1 hour ago, Grunt67 said:

If Action! was called, he should have been aiming at the person the script called for. How did innocent bystanders get involved?

Asking for a friend.......

Maybe one of those shots where they fire into the camera? Director seems to have been standing behind the cinematographer. 

Either way, a family somewhere is now missing a loved one. RIP.

8 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

yes it does...

“Corners were being cut — and they brought in nonunion people so they could continue shooting,” the knowledgeable person said. 

There were two misfires on the prop gun on Saturday and one the previous week, the person said, adding “there was a serious lack of safety meetings on this set.”

WHOA! The interwebs are blowing up about this. Especially the gun forums. All kinds of stories coming out. Some have credible sources others are anybodies guess. 

One claims the non-union prop master/ armorer was actually a local and quite possibly a woman. Its said she brought the live ammo on to the set for recreational shooting. Somehow a live round got mixed up with the dummy ammo that was supposed to be used. I find this a bit hard to believe, but possible. 

Another said that it happened between takes and Baldwin was off on some kind of furious rant, screaming and waving the gun around when he fired it. Knowing Baldwins infamous temper, this may be plausible.

Any way you look at it, there had to be more than one mistake made. Poor gun handling, poor judgement and plenty of stupid to go around. 

As to the truth, well we're dealing with Hollywood and a whole lot of money. Spin is the word of the day. Odds are that no charges will be filed unless there's a need for a scape goat. Baldwin will no doubt go free as he has too much money and influence in the liberal world. Unless the local LEOs are honorable men who can't be bought, we may never know what actually happened. Maybe the truth will come out  in a couple of years when the civil suits finally go to trial. 🙄

• Like 2
1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

Alec Baldwin is the biggest tool in Hollywood. Change my mind.

LOL, he’s not even close when it comes to gun control matters.  In fact, he’s kind of a has-been from a relevance standpoint.

Edited by Garufa
4 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

As to the truth, well we're dealing with Hollywood and a whole lot of money. Spin is the word of the day. Odds are that no charges will be filed unless there's a need for a scape goat. Baldwin will no doubt go free as he has too much money and influence in the liberal world. Unless the local LEOs are honorable men who can't be bought, we may never know what actually happened. Maybe the truth will come out  in a couple of years when the civil suits finally go to trial. 🙄

We deal with “Hollywood” on a daily basis just watching or even reading the “news” these days. 

Baldwin Is not to blame and liberals have #### to do with it, but someone is going to pay.  The truth will come out.

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, Garufa said:

LOL, he’s not even close when it comes to gun control matters.  In fact, he’s kind of a has-been from a relevance standpoint.

I mean just in general. He sure seems like a world class butthole, but I guess Hollywood is full of them.

• Like 1

Here's an interesting twist. The armorer was 24 year old Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, the daughter of  shooting legend Thell Reed. I find it hard to believe this girl would make such a stupid mistake. Did the assistant director grab the wrong gun? Why was a loaded gun there to begin with?  This is getting stranger by the minute. ❓

• Wow 1

Another anti-gunner, who has told the NRA "We are coming after your money" has no problem making money using guns. Such a hypocrite. 

Maybe the use of all guns should be banned for all movies. Give them a taste of their own medicine.

Tho it would be in bad taste, I think it would be pretty funny if Trump went on SNL and did a Baldwin impersonation sketch, where he randomly shoots people.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, analog_kidd said:

Another anti-gunner, who has told the NRA "We are coming after your money" has no problem making money using guns. Such a hypocrite. 

Maybe the use of all guns should be banned for all movies. Give them a taste of their own medicine.

Tho it would be in bad taste, I think it would be pretty funny if Trump went on SNL and did a Baldwin impersonation sketch, where he randomly shoots people.

Like the walkie-talkie edit from South Park! LOL!

I would actually watch SNL if that happened!

• Like 1

Well it looks as if Miss  Gutierrez-Reed is gonna be the fall guy. It seems that in a pod cast a couple of months ago that she commented about not being sure if she was ready to be a movie head armorer. I kinda find it hard to believe that a girl who has been shooting and handling firearms since she was big enough to pick one up would make such a mistake. But then, we all have brain farts now and then. Very sad indeed. 

Question: can you still get fingerprints off a fired cartridge case or does the heat destroy them? Seems it would be easy enough to check prints to see who actually put the live round in that gun. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Well it looks as if Miss  Gutierrez-Reed is gonna be the fall guy. It seems that in a pod cast a couple of months ago that she commented about not being sure if she was ready to be a movie head armorer. I kinda find it hard to believe that a girl who has been shooting and handling firearms since she was big enough to pick one up would make such a mistake. But then, we all have brain farts now and then. Very sad indeed. 

Question: can you still get fingerprints off a fired cartridge case or does the heat destroy them? Seems it would be easy enough to check prints to see who actually put the live round in that gun. 

Seems like a rookie mistake to bring live ammo anywhere near a movie set. 
Did the assistant director just grab a gun without asking her and assume it was safe.

To me it appears there were a bunch of people unhappy with how the entire program was being run and any number of people could be guilty of putting live rounds in the gun. Regardless of who put them in it, if Baldwin failed to do what is correct and clear the gun himself before firing it he would have realized the gun was hot and stopped filming right then. Especially with knowing they had two misfires and learned they had live ammo on the site previously. He failed rule #1 in gun safety and that is "You always clear a firearm when handed to you regardless of who handed it to you."  JMHO

• Like 2